1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Benchmade and their choices as a company

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Pearly_Baker, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pearly_Baker

Pearly_Baker Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Yes, I agree. Do a little research.

2. jceckrosh

jceckrosh

Mar 2, 2016
    Besides the hotheads straight up getting it wrong, it's not like guns are a limited resource. Gun manufacturers will make more, and there are plenty to go around. This didn't take away anyones opportunity to get a gun and Benchmade didn't come into anyones home and take their gun. This has nothing to do with the 2nd Ammendment, support of the 2nd Ammendment, gun rights, etc. They just did what law enforcement asked them to do.

Their mistake was in not knowing that a portion of their customer base is incapable of gathering the facts or at least just reserving judgement until more info comes to light.

Comedy.

3. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Ima vote with my dollars here.

[​IMG]

4. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    FB_IMG_1550724259189.jpg

19-3ben, Lapedog, Inazone and 5 others like this.
  5. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    Oh no now there are only several hundred million guns in the US because a couple are gone. What a tragedy.

6. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    AMEN brother.
    (Goddam I love purple)

7. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    Me too man. I've been putting off a purple custom mini grip for way too long. This just gave me that extra push I needed. :D

mylest and Coyja like this.
  8. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    As well you should. However, civilized discussion is a wonderful thing, and, sadly, seems to be waning in this age.

9. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    For the record, I'm a huge fan of civilized discussion. Huge fan.

10. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    TheEdge01, PNWhovian, Inazone and 3 others like this.
  11. jceckrosh

jceckrosh

Mar 2, 2016
    Is that what you were aiming for? I would have guessed by your multiple replies (both here and in the other thread) that you were hoping for the more reactionary demographic to sound off. Everyone loves the echo chamber.

12. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    :thumbsup:

13. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    Perhaps I missed my mark then.

14. Obcessed

Obcessed

Nov 14, 2018
    Regardless of what side of the fence you are on I feel I can safely make this statement, Benchmade made a HUGE social, political and business error and it is going to cost them dearly. It is hard for me to understand why a company could make such huge business error

15. brancron

brancron Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Who gives a damn?

16. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Meh, meh, meh. I don’t think it’ll cost them quite as dearly as you think it will. (I’m thinking they won’t lose many sales at all)

They charge a hefty sum for their knives, and people will still want the things. They’ll just introduce a new diamond class or some crap like that.

17. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    Benchmade does. Otherwise, the Oregon City Police wouldn't have removed their original post, followed by a post explaining the situation in more detail.

357snubnose likes this.
  18. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    One way or another, I guess we all should.

19-3ben and rodriguez7 like this.
  19. 357snubnose

357snubnose

Jul 1, 2013
    Yes. I've seen this discussed on multiple gun forums. They are currently getting slammed on their Facebook page as well. There is a large crossover between gun owners and knife buyers, which is why Benchmade often has a booth at the NRA convention. There is no doubt that this is going to be black eye.

20. brancron

brancron Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Why?

AntDog and Insipid Moniker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.