Benchmade Black Class, failing pommel strike tests (Axis lock failure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say I have no training? Probably a lot more then you and by actual experts in he field. That is why I find this ridiculous. Please tell us who trained you...Id love to look up their qualifications

You said you have never been in a knife fight, and then went on to tell me about your service in the armed forces that included no knife fighting, I don't see the point of even bringing up your service in the armed forces if it has no ralation to knife fighting. Instead of telling me about your non knife fighting service if you wanted to give the impression of being an authority on the subject you could have told me your bladed weapons based training which is more relevant. I run a club now that deals with various bladed weapons training systems, I have trained with various instructors in London my most recent lessons were at Scholagladiatoria. Before that I was studying Kenjutsu and have trained with ex SAS servicemen. Also most importantly I have actual knife fighting experience in real world home invasions, knife attacks and attempted robberies. Some of which I had to stand trial at crown court for GBH. If you really want to know grim details I have been stabbed multiple times and stabbed people through their eye socket, not that I enjoy telling these things but if you have to know how "Qualified" I am when it comes to actual knife fighting, then there it is. I have engaged in multiple real life knife fighting situations that I for and on the record did not instigate. But as these cases have already been through the crown court system which I had to stand trial over I have no real problem explaining if you must know.

So what does fighting with knives on a regular basis like you claim look like? Once a week? Couple of times a month?
Once a week? try every single day and night, knife fighting in London isn't a once a week deal, it happens all over the city every single day. Maybe once a week somebody dies from it, but the actual act of fighting no that's every single day and every single night.

You said you have never been in a knife fight, and then went on to tell me about your service in the armed forces that included no knife fighting, I don't see the point of even bringing up your service in the armed forces if it has no ralation to knife fighting. Instead of telling me about your non knife fighting service if you wanted to give the impression of being an authority on the subject you could have told me your bladed weapons based training which is more relevant. I run a club now that deals with various bladed weapons training systems, I have trained with various instructors in London my most recent lessons were at Scholagladiatoria. Before that I was studying Kenjutsu and have trained with ex SAS servicemen. Also most importantly I have actual knife fighting experience in real world home invasions, knife attacks and attempted robberies. Some of which I had to stand trial at crown court for GBH. If you really want to know grim details I have been stabbed multiple times and stabbed people through their eye socket, not that I enjoy telling these things but if you have to know how "Qualified" I am when it comes to actual knife fighting, then there it is. I have engaged in multiple real life knife fighting situations that I for and on the record did not instigate. But as these cases have already been through the crown court system which I had to stand trial over I have no real problem explaining if you must know.
You have been in knife fights during numerous home invasions, numerous armed robberies and numerous knife attacks? Hmmmm ok

You have been in knife fights during numerous home invasions, numerous armed robberies and numerous knife attacks? Hmmmm ok
2 home invasions, multiple attempted robberies, and about 3-4 knife attacks in the last 35 years yes. Do you have issue that somebody actually has experience in these things.

2 home invasions, multiple attempted robberies, and about 3-4 knife attacks in the last 35 years yes. Do you have issue that somebody actually has experience in these things.

there is a forum on here called practical tactical. I think you and your “skillset” will like it

You say you're a knife fighter and live where civilians often fight with knives. You live in London and the whole world knows you cannot carry edged weapons there.

Your profile on Utube says you fence, full contact. Well I've fenced and I know it in no way qualifies me as a street knife fighter.

Most of the edged weapons experts hired by knife companies have never had a real knife fight. Just like most who train in the so called "martial arts" never use their trainig off the mat. It's BS just like your "problems" with the axis lock. Most of the people I know who use physical force in the real world have no training but will clock you with a beer mug before you can even realize you're in trouble.

You need to spend more time at the zoo with your kid rather than here.

Once a week? try every single day and night, knife fighting in London isn't a once a week deal, it happens all over the city every single day. Maybe once a week somebody dies from it, but the actual act of fighting no that's every single day and every single night.
And wait, you can't even carry a benchmade axis lock legally anyway! The whole thread is moot.

You say you're a knife fighter and live where civilians often fight with knives. You live in London and the whole world knows you cannot carry edged weapons there.

Your profile on Utube says you fence, full contact. Well I've fenced and I know it in no way qualifies me as a street knife fighter.

Most of the edged weapons experts hired by knife companies have never had a real knife fight. Just like most who train in the so called "martial arts" never use their trainig off the mat. It's BS just like your "problems" with the axis lock. Most of the people I know who use physical force in the real world have no training but will clock you with a beer mug before you can even realize you're in trouble.

What was it that Thomas Jefferson said, When a law is unjust........ Maybe you can finish the sentence for me. You are an American right? good to know you stand for what the founding fathers believed in.

Then it looks like I have a little more real world experience than those designers doesn't it, of course martial artists never use their training in the real world, that's just what they tell you in the movies. Nobody can actually apply training to real world situations, how absurd. Ah yes you must know some lovely chaps, smashing beer mugs in peoples faces in bars, maybe I'll have a pint with them some day and we can discuss familiar topics and life experiences.

Yes because all I do is fence with swords we don't spar with knives or train with anything smaller than a 5 ft longsword. You know how us martial artists are, if you haven't seen us on camera it hasn't happened before. My son has been to the zoo 3 times this year, thanks for your concern about his exposure to the caged animals. I'm getting the hint that you think people with children aren't allowed to post on forums, even when they are 20 miles away from them because they are visiting relatives. Guess you don't have any children maybe. Pretty sure somebody else made the comment that I have abandoned the thread because I havent been online to post in so long, because I was busy working and looking after my son. Funny how both of those things are true, don't you just love people on the internet and their assumptions and life advice. Did my comment on the axis lock rattle your cage a bit lad? You seem to be getting quite personal lol.

Last edited:
And wait, you can't even carry a benchmade axis lock legally anyway! The whole thread is moot.
Except I carry a locking blade with me everytime I go to work, funny that isn't it, it's like magic or something. Yes I do carry the Benchmade, guess what when I go camping I even carry a machete and a mora fixed blade, how does he do it? must be wizardry.

The school he mentioned for training only does historical sword fighting. So I guess the experts were unnamed sas guys. Ive worked with a few of those guys and definitely well trained but by no means experts. But hey this guy stabbed a guy through the eye, so I guess we should listen to him....

The school he mentioned for training only does historical sword fighting. So I guess the experts were unnamed sas guys. Ive worked with a few of those guys and definitely well trained but by no means experts. But hey this guy stabbed a guy through the eye, so I guess we should listen to him....
Not that SG1 is where I got the majority of my training from but you are wrong, they don't only teach sword fighting, they teach dagger fighting as well and many other types of weapon based combat. I won't even bother to comment on what you just said about the ex SAS servicemen i've trained with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back