Benchmade Discussion without Politics or Insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a suggestion bud nothing more, but I suggest you let these people continue their complaining as some of them are on a ********* list and you will lose. Also, continuing here may lead to increased blood pressure. Again just a suggestion and nothing more.
Yea I’ve noticed that. I see those same kind of people praising articles on Fox News. I stay well out of that non sense though. I’d just hate to see my favorite knife brand suffer because people can’t look past an issue that doesn’t even affect them. I’m willing to bet most of these people don’t even live in Oregon.

And you're distracting me... you weren't on topic, the part of your post that I quoted was you doing nothing more than antagonizing. As I said, if you can't stay on topic I will help you with that.
I’ll edit it out. Maybe remind the other parties of the same thing?

I've always had a love/hate relationship with Benchmade for multiple reasons, but I have owned my share. While I don't own any of their knives at the moment (a Small Sebenza has become my "only knife"), I couldn't help to consider an interesting statistic:

As far as I can tell, Benchmade is currently the only American-owned US knife manufacturer, with medium to large production numbers, whose ENTIRE line is made in the USA.

Not Spyderco. Not Buck. Not Kershaw. Not Gerber. No one else that I can think of.

Made in America still matters to me. A LOT. So it pains me to think that yet another American-owned/American-made company might just have done something to jeopardize its future. Time will tell.

The second amendment isn't a political party.

Integrity isn't a political party.

Benchmade supported specific people who are attempting to infringe upon rights of good law abiding Americans, and then lied repeatedly about it.

Remember, Benchmade made this political.
But the second amendment does seem to be one of the few issues a certain party cares about. And Benchmade isn’t affecting their rights at all.

As far as I can tell, Benchmade is currently the only American-owned US knife manufacturer, with medium to large production numbers, whose ENTIRE line is made in the USA.
I hope I don’t ruin your opinion but they do use M390 steel which is produced by an Austrian company. It’s obviously machined and treated here in the US by BM (or whoever else uses it) but the fact that it’s made overseas isn’t really anything to worry about either. It’s an excellent steel!

Just a suggestion bud nothing more, but I suggest you let these people continue their complaining as some of them are on a ********* list and you will lose. Also, continuing here may lead to increased blood pressure. Again just a suggestion and nothing more.
What are you trying to say? That the people who acknowledge and support the highest document of our nation are on a government list? Wow!

But the second amendment does seem to be one of the few issues a certain party cares about. And Benchmade isn’t affecting their rights at all.

Do you think only one political party cares about citizens unalienable rights?

How about integrity?
That is the bigger issue with people being upset with Benchmade.

No one likes being lied to, in order to get their business.

Integrity is an extremely important part of business.

Last edited:
True....

My issue is WHY would a knife company stop making their profit item in order to do a PR item like this when the sheriff's office had traditionally used a scrapper yard to destroy these guns. The scrapper yard would spend all of 15 minutes max on destroying these guns with heavy machines. Benchmade did it with grinders and bandsaws, at greater expense of blades, wheels, and time.

The larger problem is that when people dug into their political donation history....and that's not the private donation history of the owner/CEO/whatever....but donations from the company itself....they found that BM donates to antigun politicians exclusively for a number of years, consecutively. The gun destruction is just the thing that caused the rest to be uncovered.

The fact that it has blown up this bad is a pretty good testament to the fact that BM screwed the pooch on this, and their main customers disagree with what they've done...not only with the gun destruction, but with the political contributions.

It's my strong belief that as a business, aligning your company with any political belief is a bad idea because no matter which way you go you are sure to piss off potential customers.....unless your business is a huge % of one political belief, then align your political stance with theirs to promote good will to the largest percentage of your customers. Otherwise, you will face a customer revolt. Just look at Dicks.

Benchmade brings in machinist students from a local community college program to use their machinery like 3x a week. In regards to the first thing. They could've been letting them get introduced to these things. That would be my guess. They do a lot of community stuff in the area.

The 2ND A has nothing to do with hunting and should no more be regulated by States or Local Jurisdictions than the 1ST A !
4051_large_image_9821347d-0476-491e-81e2-a317d6b55c41_grande.jpeg

I hope I don’t ruin your opinion but they do use M390 steel which is produced by an Austrian company. It’s obviously machined and treated here in the US by BM (or whoever else uses it) but the fact that it’s made overseas isn’t really anything to worry about either. It’s an excellent steel!

Yes, I am aware of that, but I think it’s pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

You saying that should be proof enough that BM is NOT interested in disarming people as some are saying.

BM isn't a political party, they are a privately owned company.
One of many companies, who make knives.

BM also paid cash to ONLY support specific people who do in fact, wish to remove inalienable rights from good law abiding citizens.
That a publically known fact.
They also lied about it, because they knew it would be a serious issue with a majority of their customers.

The 2ND A has nothing to do with hunting and should no more be regulated by States or Local Jurisdictions than the 1ST A !
4051_large_image_9821347d-0476-491e-81e2-a317d6b55c41_grande.jpeg

Truth.

Every time citizens have been disarmed, horrors followed that made the minor amount of problems gun ownership presents seem infinitesimal in comparison.

The 2a is a check and balance on government power and abuse of the citizenry.

On party is actively trying to further government power, intrusion, and subservience of the American people, in direct conflict with what the 2a provides. Shall not be infringed = no infringement is legal. Yet here we are. Not one more inch.

BM also paid cash to ONLY support specific people who do in fact, wish to remove inalienable rights from good law abiding citizens.
They also lied about it, because they knew it would be a serious issue with a majority of their customers.
Yet you said neither party is interested in removing inalienable rights? And they aren’t. Just laying out sensible guidelines. Voting is also an inalienable right yet it some states, felons cannot vote because they’ve done something to exclude them from that right. Same concept.

Yet you said neither party is interested in removing inalienable rights? And they aren’t. Just lay out sensible guidelines. Voting is also an inalienable right yet it some states, felons cannot vote because they’ve done something to exclude them from that right. Same concept.

Nope. I didn't say that.
I asked you a direct question, which you did not answer.

I also don't believe a felony should remove ANY rights after a citizen has served their debt to society.

Incarceration is the only time a right should be denied to a legitimate US citizen. After that, they should be fully restored.

It's not easy to control a free innocent man, and make him do things he doesn't want to do.

Is it really for sure that Benchmade is donating to explicitly anti gun politicians though? I haven't seen any break down of where the money went except it went to democrats. Oregon City is a suburb of Portland so...not a lot of Republicans around, the republicans they do have out there are probably still more liberal than say democrats in Wyoming (what few there might be). People are making it sound like they're in cahoots with like Dianne Feinstein or something. Does it show who got the money?

Might be a stretch but I could see them donating to democrats who press for more LEO/Fire funding out there, looking to get batch contracts out of it. They are a business after all. Democrats spend more on government. Maybe a stretch though.

Also this leading to people looking into their political contributions has made me curious about other companies. Spyderco, KAI, etc. I could see any of them contributing to either political party.

Benchmade does seem to have been declining design wise for a while. They have discontinued so many cool knives over the last decade. Now that I'm a little older I wish I'd have bought some of those models when I was young and it would've been hard to afford them. I still like Benchmade but I wish they'd bring some of their older stuff back for just some quick runs or something now that I'm old enough to afford them.

I guess I could see where people are coming from but I like Benchmade as a company and I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. It seems like they were helping some local police out and got caught up in a spectacular backlash. They always looked like they supported LEO/FIRE/MIL etc.

Lots of companies suffer when they can’t keep business and politics separate. Money saved on politics is money well spent. BM did this to themselves. The PM nightmare that occurred after, might well have been avoided by a swift apology and transparency of donation funds.
If a company alienates its base of customers it will effect thier bottom line, period. BM will now suffer the consequences for poor business choices. The 2A is a serious matter to Most BM customers, myself included. BM made thier choice, now I will make mine.

Nope. I didn't say that.
I asked you a direct question, which you did not answer.

I also don't believe a felony should remove ANY rights after a citizen has served their debt to society.

Incarceration is the only time a right should be denied to a legitimate US citizen. After that, they should be fully restored.

It's not easy to control a free innocent man, and make him do things he doesn't want to do.
You asked if I thought only one party cares about inalienable rights and I answered. Both parties care about upholding the 2A. The way it works with violent felons now is how it should remain. They’ve proven they can’t be trusted. Just because a man is free doesn’t mean he’s innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back