Benchmade Discussion without Politics or Insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really for sure that Benchmade is donating to explicitly anti gun politicians though? I haven't seen any break down of where the money went except it went to democrats. Oregon City is a suburb of Portland so...not a lot of Republicans around, the republicans they do have out there are probably still more liberal than say democrats in Wyoming (what few there might be). People are making it sound like they're in cahoots with like Dianne Feinstein or something. Does it show who got the money?

Might be a stretch but I could see them donating to democrats who press for more LEO/Fire funding out there, looking to get batch contracts out of it. They are a business after all. Democrats spend more on government. Maybe a stretch though.

Also this leading to people looking into their political contributions has made me curious about other companies. Spyderco, KAI, etc. I could see any of them contributing to either political party.

Benchmade does seem to have been declining design wise for a while. They have discontinued so many cool knives over the last decade. Now that I'm a little older I wish I'd have bought some of those models when I was young and it would've been hard to afford them. I still like Benchmade but I wish they'd bring some of their older stuff back for just some quick runs or something now that I'm old enough to afford them.

I guess I could see where people are coming from but I like Benchmade as a company and I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. It seems like they were helping some local police out and got caught up in a spectacular backlash. They always looked like they supported LEO/FIRE/MIL etc.

Yes.
It is public record.
They also did not donate only to "Local" gun grabbers.

hVGZ0I6.jpg

mi1jnRo.jpg

JmhsWHW.jpg

You asked if I thought only one party cares about inalienable rights and I answered. Both parties care about upholding the 2A. The way it works with violent felons now is how it should remain. They’ve proven they can’t be trusted. Just because a man is free doesn’t mean he’s innocent.

If they cannot be trusted to re-enter society, then they shouldn't be released.
Period.

Yea I’ve noticed that. I see those same kind of people praising articles on Fox News. I stay well out of that non sense though. I’d just hate to see my favorite knife brand suffer because people can’t look past an issue that doesn’t even affect them. I’m willing to bet most of these people don’t even live in Oregon.
You do realize that Kurt Schrader is a U.S. Congressman and his votes affect all Americans, not just those living in Oregon .

Both parties care about upholding the 2A..

Wrong.

Evidence: Nancy Pelosi who can't get gun control off the brain. Hillary Clinton who promised to push gun control until she got what she wanted.

These people are not inconsequential nor are their actions immaterial to me.

There are some on the left that are pro2a, but in general, the D party does everything it can to make sure it's legislators walk in lock step regardless of their personal beliefs. I've watched it in multiple states, I've watched it at the federal level.

We are way past the point of "reasonable restrictions."

Wrong.

Evidence: Nancy Pelosi who can't get gun control off the brain. Hillary Clinton who promised to push gun control until she got what she wanted.
So two people against the rest of the party AND the other party? Checks and balances. That’s why they’re there. To stop people from abusing power like we’re seeing now.

So two people against the rest of the party AND the other party? Checks and balances. That’s why they’re there.

Those two people run the D party at the national level, have or had extreme influence.

You want to know why I won't stomach supporting D's? Those are my reasons. They literally hate me. The left calls me "literally hitler" and in OR, Portland, the PD has been told to leave antifa (who are actually acting like fascists ironically) alone, to let them become violent, to let them block streets, threaten people, and cause massive disturbances.

This isn't checks and balances, this is a soft/cold culture war that is rapidly becoming less soft/cold. Lines have been drawn, sides have been chosen.

I know where I stand in this and due to actions on the left, there's no debate left to have. Neither side is capable of tolerating the next move by the other.

So two people against the rest of the party AND the other party? Checks and balances. That’s why they’re there. To stop people from abusing power like we’re seeing now.
There is no checks and balances in regards to the U.S. Constitution. These are unalienable RIGHTS ! ;)

Over 200 elected representatives at the congressional level have openly stated they support removal of gun rights from law abiding citizens.

Actually the 2A is there to protect us from a tyrannical govt. abusing it's power.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
----Thomas Jefferson

Those two people run the D party at the national level, have or had extreme influence.

You want to know why I won't stomach supporting D's? Those are my reasons. They literally hate me. The left calls me "literally hitler" and in OR, Portland, the PD has been told to leave antifa (who are actually acting like fascists ironically) alone, to let them become violent, to let them block streets, threaten people, and cause massive disturbances.

This isn't checks and balances, this is a soft/cold culture war that is rapidly becoming less soft/cold. Lines have been drawn, sides have been chosen.

I know where I stand in this and due to actions on the left, there's no debate left to have. Neither side is capable of tolerating the next move by the other.
Deleted

Last edited:
Over 200 elected representatives at the congressional level have openly stated they support removal of gun rights from law abiding citizens.

Actually the 2A is there to protect us from a tyrannical govt. abusing it's power.
Gov’t abusing its power like now for instance? Maybe a certain few gun owners need to use their 2A rights to protect their homes from the eminent domain (like the 2A says) and the same people raving about the 2A can defend them in that endevour too!

Last edited:
Actually by Benchmade financially supporting people who's actions clearly demonstrate their contempt for individual liberty granted by our Constitution is all the reason we need, myself included.;)
That’s your right! I’ll offset that by recommending them to everyone I know ;)

They can't be trusted. They lied
No integrity.
Like I said above, that’s your right to feel that way just like it’s my right to recommend them to everyone I know because their integrity is proven by their product quality and customer service. Not their political views.

Last edited:
Isn't freedom wonderful?

You also can donate directly to those politicians as well, if you like.
I don’t care enough about politics to donate to anyone. I’m here to point out how incorrect it is, IMO, to dismiss a product because of politics.

Benchmade voted with their wallet and we need to vote with our wallets. People need to understand you can't change other peoples minds. So buy or don't buy it's up to the you. I however will be in the don't buy camp. Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back