Benchmade Discussion without Politics or Insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their political contributions did not dull your knives but in fact threatened our individual liberty set forth under the Constition.
When freedom is lost getting it back isn't as easy, like making a dull knife sharp again.
I liked that very nice euphemism but I didn’t realize Oregon politicians threatened my liberties.

How many here have google based or iPhones currently?? Look at their contributions and what they back.... not taking sides just saying it’s not that different. Guarantee almost everyone one here has either google or iPhone which supports the same camp

I've owned Benchmade knives since the early 90's. Whenever I'd see a design I like I'd buy one (sometimes more).
I've often wondered why the Gold series were so expensive for the materials used, with the blades produced by a MAJOR manufacturer.

I guess we all know why now...

I'm done with you Benchmade, you'll never get another cent of my money, and I'll never recommend your products.
I'm contemplating disassembling the blades I have and :poop: canning the pieces.

Sorry to take this to the extreme....

But imagine if you knew the guy you were buying from was a member of isis? It would be like saying "But he has amazing customer service!" ... Yeah you might find yourself in the same jail cell.

But imagine if you knew the guy you were buying from was a member of isis? It would be like saying "But he has amazing customer service!" ... Yeah you might find yourself in the same jail cell.
Not even close to what’s happening here.

You have much to learn young grasshopper.
You said one of their donations was to a congressman (who actually supports what everyone is raving about) so he’s the only one who can affect me. That is if the majority of the other 534 people agree with him.

Sure it is. Please explain how it isn't
These politicians they donated to were no criminals or killers, and I already know the responses: they’re criminals for dontating to politicians trying to take away our rights blah blah blah, but their stance on the matter (which is not anti 2A btw) does not make them criminals.

How many here have google based or iPhones currently?? Look at their contributions and what they back.... not taking sides just saying it’s not that different. Guarantee almost everyone one here has either google or iPhone which supports the same camp
Have those companies come out and stated their "unwavering support for the Second Amendment"?

These politicians they donated to were no criminals or killers, and I already know the responses: they’re criminals for dontating to politicians trying to take away our rights blah blah blah, but their stance on the matter (which is not anti 2A btw) does not make them criminals.

They are trying to make a criminal out of me for exercising my rights!

Which would give them a route with which to use government force to disarm or kill me.

Government only has one method of forcing compliance: pain of death. Do not be put off by the softer punishments one might accept in the place of death, but at the compliance end....all governmental force is predicated on the ability to use violence to achieve submission. Rights stand in the way of government justifying use of force. Erosion of a right, even a little bit, allows for more governmental use of violence.

Rights are specified things the government is specifically prevented from using force to limit, prevent, or manipulate. It is not in any of our interests to allow government to erode those rights because the alternative is far worse (totalitarianism).

If Nancy Pelosi pushes a law (and is successful in getting it passed) that leads to governmental use of force that ends in the death of someone exercising a right....she is a killer. No matter that she didn't pull the trigger, she still caused the death of a citizen exercising a right. Period. Pen or sword, same result.
That's no different than what ISIS wants to do to me because I'm a dirty westerner who doesn't follow muslim law.

Last edited:
They are trying to make a criminal out of me for exercising my rights!

Which would give them a route with which to use government force to disarm or kill me.

Government only has one method of forcing compliance: pain of death. Do not be put off by the softer punishments one might accept in the place of death, but at the compliance end....all governmental force is predicated on the ability to use violence to achieve submission. Rights stand in the way of government justifying use of force. Erosion of a right, even a little bit, allows for more governmental use of violence.

Rights are specified things the government is specifically prevented from using force to limit, prevent, or manipulate. It is not in any of our interests to allow government to erode those rights because the alternative is far worse (totalitarianism).

If Nancy Pelosi pushes a law (and is successful in getting it passed) that leads to governmental use of force that ends in the death of someone exercising a right....she is a killer. No matter that she didn't pull the trigger, she still caused the death of a citizen exercising a right. Period. Pen or sword, same result.
That's no different than what ISIS wants to do to me because I'm a dirty westerner who doesn't follow muslim law.
And Benchmade doesn’t want any of that. Nor do the politicians they donate to. Maybe a small minority of extreme leftists but that’s not any of those people. And again, checks and balances keep the extremists on both ends from abusing their power. And I hope you take the same rights that don’t have anything to do with the 2A just as seriously. Like #4 the right to not have your land taken away by the government. Or #9 the plethora of others that may not fall in line with your personal beliefs but are still rights nonetheless.

Last edited:
This whole situation does not sit right with me, and it will certainly give me pause before buying Benchmade products. Will it keep me from ever buying from them again? I doubt it. Will this situation have a negative impact on their business? Most likely.

I will keep all of my Benchmade knives, and I see no need to get rid of tools that I enjoy using because of the company's political affiliations. I have friends and family on both sides of the spectrum and I can disagree with them without it affecting our relationship. Likewise, I'm sure the number of companies that I buy from who support causes that I don't agree with are innumerable. In fact, I'd venture to say that I disagree with most of them, including knife companies on some issues.

The fact is, neither political party represents me, and neither supports all of our freedoms enough for me. Would it have been better if Benchmade had donated to our President? A Republican who used executive action to infringe upon our 2A rights, without a grandfather clause, setting a precedent that will undoubtedly be exploited to remove more rights in the future. Will those so fervently boycotting Benchmade for supporting dems who infringe our rights boycott him in the next election? Or is outrage reserved for reinforcing our preconceived political identities?

you should be sorry...

that's without a doubt the most asinine post i've had misfortune of reading in quite some time.

Would it have been better if Benchmade had donated to our President? A Republican who used executive action to infringe upon our 2A rights, without a grandfather clause, setting a precedent that will undoubtedly be exploited to remove more rights in the future. Will those so fervently boycotting Benchmade for supporting dems who infringe our rights boycott him in the next election? Or is outrage reserved for reinforcing our preconceived political identities?
If there is a better choice than our current POTUS for 2A rights, I'll support that candidate in a heartbeat. This is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of the current POTUS.

The difference with knives is that there are a lot of other choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back