Benchmade Discussion without Politics or Insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my only question here is now that the AR forums are digging into everyone’s past it looks like almost every manufacturer has done something like this in the past, so I assume everyone banning Benchmade is doing a thorough review of everything they buy moving forward to make sure they aren’t funding the enemy?

Busse was dug up in one of the threads over there yesterday also.

Full disclosure: I own about 32 firearms with 6 being SBRs, and 10 suppressors. And Benchmades recent issues pale in comparison to the recent acts of the NRA whom 2a supporters will support no matter what.

That being said, as the owner of over 50 Benchmades, I still haven’t made up my mind yet what I am doing moving forward. I honestly was getting tired of the price increases, and the gold class MAP changed pissed me off also.

That being said, as the owner of over 50 Benchmades, I still haven’t made up my mind yet what I am doing moving forward. I honestly was getting tired of the price increases, and the gold class MAP changed pissed me off also.

I’m with you I’m more bothered by price increas and demanding MAP than the pay to play money .

I’m with you I’m more bothered by price increas and demanding MAP than the pay to play money .

I mean, to treat all companies like I would Benchmade I need to basically replace my TV, phone, computer, door knobs, locks, carpets, appliances, hardwoods, blinds, fertilizer company, electric provider, etc. Anyone who actually digs is going to realize 80% of what you own has done way worse than Benchmade did.

The online mob mentality has gotten old quick, perfect example of why I dropped Facebook years ago, no longer have cable tv, refuse to watch the news, only have 1 news app.

It’s amazing how normal the world seems when you don’t have the media’s agenda items shoved down your throat on an hourly basis.

Just out of curiosity, texpat, how about if it was a Canadian who wanted to buy your used BM's today? A good quality tool at a vast discount is hard to resist. If you sell it to a non-USA resident you get them out of the country & out of local circulation. I ask as a hypothetical, only.

(curious about the semantics here) If my country has nothing to do with 2A... would I be an a$$ getting them at a 50% discount?

Are Canadians even allowed to own knives or did they gleefully vote their own rights away like the British did? Serious question man, I don't know Canadian law. I'm not even sure if it's legal, are knives covered under ITAR?

Again, the title of the thread asks there be no political discussion so i'm trying to respect that, have only voiced my reaction to this debacle and my intentions as a knife buyer/enthusiast.

But in general, even if I could, I wouldn't sell anything to anyone in countries where they have taken away a person's natural right to defend themselves, that's just ignorant and bizarre.

And personally, as already stated, if you're okay with tyrants and control freaks stealing people's property and rights, then no, nothing I have is for sale to you, i'll destroy it before I would do that.

But i'm sure there are others who feel differently, feel free to purchase from them, unlike most liberals in this country today, I don't feel like i'm qualified or have the "right" to decide what's best for YOU, own what you like, buy what you like, do what you like, just don't hurt other people doing it and we're good.

And Benchmade doesn’t want any of that. Nor do the politicians they donate to. Maybe a small minority of extreme leftists but that’s not any of those people. And again, checks and balances keep the extremists on both ends from abusing their power. And I hope you take the same rights that don’t have anything to do with the 2A just as seriously. Like #4 the right to not have your land taken away by the government. Or #9 the plethora of others that may not fall in line with your personal beliefs but are still rights nonetheless.

I'm a land owner, in multiple states....some of it generational land passed down that I value more than my current residence due to the lineage and memories.

The reason I am such a vehement advocate for 2a rights, expansion and protection of that right, is that the 2a is the final protection against abridgement of those other rights.

Anyone who isn't seeking to expand freedom, individual achievement, protection of private property, speech, free association, etc. is wrong. But due to our 2 party system and the way issues are inexorably split between them, I have to pick the lessor of 2 evils. And all government is evil, even if it is necessary. The larger, the more expansive, the more oppressive a government becomes, the more evil it becomes.

Is the right perfect, no. Far from it.

But from where I sit, the current crop of Ds is moving WAYYY farther left, talking about all sorts of things that would destroy those very rights you posit to hold dear.

This isn't just a local thing, it's not just a state thing, it's a "look at the whole picture" thing.

After many many years of watching this stuff play out, I came to the conclusion that even though I agree with the left on a number of issues, the issues I disagree with them on are much more important to me, and therefore, I must oppose them since I can't separate the effects of the party from the stances of the individual as they are one in the same.

Kate Brown.....do you like her or no?

Last edited:
Is the right perfect, no. Far from it.
And THAT is the platform of the politicians than Benchmade donated to. Not the idea of stripping rights away from people.
As far as Kate Brown, I don’t live in Oregon, thus haven’t lived under her representation, and haven’t researched anything about her or her policies, so I can have no opinion either way.

And THAT is the platform of the politicians than Benchmade donated to. Not the idea of stripping rights away from people.

And THIS is the crux of our disagreement. The left, in my experience = anti2a.

Donate to the left, you are donating to anti2a. Combine that with doing a publicity stunt of cutting guns up and you have just created the dumpster fire you see today.

All of the politicians BM donated to have anti2a records. From where I stand, the 2a specifically protects weapons of military use, in common use with our military.

What party tends to push anti2a law more than the other?

And THIS is the crux of our disagreement. The left, in my experience = anti2a.

Donate to the left, you are donating to anti2a. Combine that with doing a publicity stunt of cutting guns up and you have just created the dumpster fire you see today.

All of the politicians BM donated to have anti2a records. From where I stand, the 2a specifically protects weapons of military use, in common use with our military.

What party tends to push anti2a law more than the other?
That’s a pretty broad statement to claim the left= anti 2A. Plenty of Dems support the 2A as vehemently as the right. As far as cutting up the guns, as I understand, it’s Oregon’s law therefore they’d be destroyed one way or another. I see that as BM helping their local community. I’ll agree democrats tend to push more for gun control (not even CLOSE to anti 2A), but they don’t push for disarming citizens. Not even the ones Benchmade donated money to.

T
That’s a pretty broad statement to claim the left= anti 2A. Plenty of Dems support the 2A as vehemently as the right. As far as cutting up the guns, as I understand, it’s Oregon’s law therefore they’d be destroyed one way or another. I see that as BM helping their local community. I’ll agree democrats tend to push more for gun control (not even CLOSE to anti 2A), but they don’t push for disarming citizens. Not even the ones Benchmade donated money to.

It wasn't Oregon law.
It was OCPD's department policy.

I mean, to treat all companies like I would Benchmade I need to basically replace my TV, phone, computer, door knobs, locks, carpets, appliances, hardwoods, blinds, fertilizer company, electric provider, etc. Anyone who actually digs is going to realize 80% of what you own has done way worse than Benchmade did.

Hey HalfLife,

Good to see you here. I hear you, but did your TV, phone, computer, door knobs, locks, etc. have a whole product line tied to a gun manufacturer? Or a whole line tied to hunting? Or a whole line called black class tied to military and law enforcement?

Benchmade held themselves out in a certain way. Whether their action is contrary to that image (I think it is) is open to debate as we see here. The problem I have is that they have yet to issue an actual apology. I have seen many say Benchmade has nothing to apologize for. I do not agree, but if I concede that they did nothing wrong they should still apologize. I have apologized to my girlfriend for many things over the years that I know were not my fault. :) When somebody you care about is complaining, you should say you are sorry. Not for how they feel, not for their upset, but for the actual action. Benchmade should care about their customers. Literally, their livelihood depends on them. If Les had said he was sorry that would have been it. Now it continues to roll on with Benchmade losing some longterm customers. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? Benchmade has excellent customer service, they know this old adage, they should act on it.

I didn`t know Trump sold knives and told his customers he was Pro 2A .
Trump gave money to key word GOVENOR Cuomo . He has control over New York and I don't live in New York . So to me no problem , now Senator or Congressman Cuomo different story. That could affect me .

So my only question here is now that the AR forums are digging into everyone’s past it looks like almost every manufacturer has done something like this in the past, so I assume everyone banning Benchmade is doing a thorough review of everything they buy moving forward to make sure they aren’t funding the enemy?

Busse was dug up in one of the threads over there yesterday also.

Full disclosure: I own about 32 firearms with 6 being SBRs, and 10 suppressors. And Benchmades recent issues pale in comparison to the recent acts of the NRA whom 2a supporters will support no matter what.

There's plenty of anti-NRA stigma going on as well. I cut up my life membership card faster than my 940.

Two points here. Unless those companies are ostensibly pro RKBA and using that as a selling point, which Benchmade has done, its not the same. That's why Springfield, S&W, Dick's, etc churned up such a storm. It feels like betrayal.

Second, there are far more choices in where to buy a knife than a phone or many other consumer products that aren't available from pro RKBA companies. Why wouldn't I choose to support the companies that support my rights when I have the choice?

Name one.

It always perplexed me that there are several prominent knife companies in deep blue states, Oregon and California especially.

This isn’t really because of the anti 2A stance of many in those states, but more the anti business attitude and excessive burden placed on business in those states. This comes in many forms including: taxes, employer cost burdens (high pay/cost of living), regulatory burdens (mandatory sick time, 1.5x pay at 8 hours per shift etc), environmental regulations that border on comical and so on...it is not at all an environment that is welcoming to any kind of enterprise. These types of payments are yet another “cost” of doing business.

This was a huge PR mess for Benchmade, and definitely was overblown. With such polarization in the age of extremism in American politics, it doesn’t take much to ignite a firestorm for yourself. They are just the latest company to make a small error, set off a massive backlash, and now it seems make it even worse by failing to effective regain control.

In the end, their ever rising prices and failings at QC still bother me a lot more than where their political donations go.

I didn`t know Trump sold knives and told his customers he was Pro 2A .

Trump gave money to key word GOVENOR Cuomo . He has control over New York and I don't live in New York . So to me no problem , now Senator or Congressman Cuomo different story. That could affect me .

I’m not trying to defend Benchmade ? Benchmade made their bed and now is time to go to sleep . A bit uncomfortable. But we can see that this is a common practice . And if you are going to judge one and not all there is a problem with how we see things .

https://theweek.com/speedreads/679072/trumps-family-donated-more-than-80000-chuck-schumer

I think Schumer is a big deal .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back