Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

I lost my benchmade north fork and decided to save a few bucks when replacing it with another north fork and bought one off eBay. Everything seems legit when compared to my saddle mountain skinner and I can’t tell any difference in packaging compared to my original north fork packaging.

My antennas were up because it took so long to arrive from eBay. Legit or fake?

BCA69844-1F7F-4C30-AB76-5B41734FB2D2-scaled.jpeg

98376960-9926-4779-AC70-7BA1EEFE9BCD-scaled.jpeg

8B6F9A3C-B5F7-45F3-A01B-B2077C85F68C.jpeg

D43803BD-72C3-44F3-8C7E-B493CC1CD3D0.jpeg

1B855334-46A8-434A-A2D9-8019B533CEE6.jpeg

A56874A5-B847-4495-BB52-F1322FAEFFB8.jpeg

looks good to me. don’t think i’ve ever seen any fake north forks, i think you’re good to go

"404. That’s an error.
The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know."

Upload your photos to a picture hosting site.

A friend of mine gave me a 7140BK auto the other day. He said he got it for $24, so that sent my antenna up.

Seeing it goes for over $300, I knew it was a knockoff.

I'll say it is a really good copy since I have owned BM's before. Minor details show that the spine lock does not really lock the axis in place and the axis does not fully lock the blade against the stop.

I'm not carrying this thing since it partially fires open due to the spine lock issue.

I really doubt it is S90V steel and carbon fiber scales.

Anyway, it's a nice letter or box opener.

Hi guys, new member here. I came across a Benchmade 112 dive knife at a good price so I jumped on it. Now that I've had a good look at it, there are two things that don't seem right.

1. The font for "N690" is not italicized like the vast majority of other Benchmades I've seen.

2. The provided sheath is nothing like any of the photos I've seen of current production 112s (I can't find any information regarding whether there were previous generations with a different sheath and text).

Would anyone here happen to have any info on this? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Edit: Replaced bad links. better link below (thanks KenHash).

Last edited:
Hi guys, new member here. I came across a Benchmade 112 dive knife at a good price so I jumped on it. Now that I've had a good look at it, there are two things that don't seem right.

1. The font for "N690" is not italicized like the vast majority of other Benchmades I've seen.

2. The provided sheath is nothing like any of the photos I've seen of current production 112s (I can't find any information regarding whether there were previous generations with a different sheath and text).

Would anyone here happen to have any info on this? Any help at all would be appreciated.

e
Can not see your photos as links dont work. Either set them so anyone can see them.
Or better yet, upload them to a hosting site like imgur.

Hello! I was wondering if you all would be able to assist me in determining if this Contego is a fake. Everything about it matches to the other 3 I have, but there are two things that are different. 1 the sticker doesn't have the Born date in the bottom left hand corner and 2 the middle section of the handle has 5 ridges instead of the 7 ridges on the other 3 I have. Here are 2 photos. I greatly appreciate any help that can be given.

Hi everyone! I got a really good deal on this 940bk, but the Osborne logo seems just a little off to me. Hoping someone could reassure me that it is real. Everything else on it seems good (including the feel; lost my first 940 bought from Benchmade), but I'm just a little paranoid. Any help would be appreciated.

Imgur link

Also, it not really possible to see in the photo, but the blade does have the vertical lines that are present on most BMs due to their grinding.

Hi everyone. I’m looking to buy this bugout I found online but I was wondering if it’s real or fake. The box doesn’t have a date on it but the guy said he got it from and estate sale so maybe it’s a older box.
Let me know, thanks!

8 years ago when I was flat broke and started my knife obsession I bought a fake osbourne with real carbon fiber scales for 55 dollars...... Now with thousands of dollars worth of real name brand knives in my collection I still love that fake..... I don't know what kind of steel it is made with but it holds an edge better than my real ones do.... The action on it is flawless and the scales are sexy AF.

Buying fakes is like a scratch off lottery ticket, once in a while you get a good one...... But 99% of the time you get skunked.

Hi everyone. I’m looking to buy this bugout I found online but I was wondering if it’s real or fake. The box doesn’t have a date on it but the guy said he got it from and estate sale so maybe it’s a older box.
Let me know, thanks!

don’t buy it, that one's fake. the color of the thumbstud is off, the printing on the box is the wrong font, & i’m pretty sure that all bugouts should have the date in the box because the were introduced after they started including dates on the label

don’t buy it, that one's fake. the color of the thumbstud is off, the printing on the box is the wrong font, & i’m pretty sure that all bugouts should have the date in the box because the were introduced after they started including dates on the label
Thanks! I’ll pass on it

Hey guys, I'm about to buy this from a seller over on the book face, and I just wanna do a quick check and see if it's good to go. I found a video comparing real vs clone for this grip, and the guy had the box that the fake came in, and on the stickers where it lists the uses for the knife, the fake box said: Everyday and Outdoor (like this one does). And the real one said: Everyday, Outdoor, and Survival. But the inside of the box looks legit. Can you guys tell? Thanks!
received_650393669634858.jpeg
received_1072676470131311.jpeg
received_1159312958201174.jpeg
received_1032766477272408.jpeg
received_661997248328504.jpeg

Attachments

• received_661997248328504.jpeg
    received_661997248328504.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
Hey guys, I'm about to buy this from a seller over on the book face, and I just wanna do a quick check and see if it's good to go. I found a video comparing real vs clone for this grip, and the guy had the box that the fake came in, and on the stickers where it lists the uses for the knife, the fake box said: Everyday and Outdoor (like this one does). And the real one said: Everyday, Outdoor, and Survival. But the inside of the box looks legit. Can you guys tell? Thanks!
View attachment 1728831
View attachment 1728832
View attachment 1728833
View attachment 1728834
View attachment 1728836
I also wanna add that he did send a video of a receipt he had from Cabelas with the correct model number and price, but you still never know if that was from another one he had or something you know. Just wanna be 100%

My Griptilian box says EVERY DAY OUTDOOR TACTICAL.
Otherwise your inside box liner and papers looks legit to me.

Dang! A current FS listing about a likely Benchmade fake got me to check mine. When I first starting getting into knives two years ago, I purchased a Bugout 535 from the benchmadeus<dot>com site. Comparing its box to my others (thanks to the video posted in the FS listing) I see where mine is a fake -- box color and foam are not right. In hindsight, the shipping time, communication, and email address were all dead giveaways. Ugh!

Wow, lesson learned.

Thanks to BF for all the awesome content!

Hello!
Got a 154cm mini grip off the gram recently and I am concerned about its legitimacy. The first thing that threw me off was the pocket clip. I’m unsure if it’s a aftermarket clip though. Also I wasn’t sure about the logos. Lastly, there are some pitting and looks like might rust spots. I’m sure it’s a old knife but isn’t 154cm pretty hard to rust? I will say, if this thing is in fact a clone, it’s a damn good one.

EE959824-050D-475E-B9E5-4B933248B0D5.jpegA65315C3-64E5-476B-B9AA-9C0EBA5C9806.jpeg6AE0A6B7-1486-46A6-BBE3-7221CC261CD6.jpegB252A509-C040-4E00-A3C6-EC194FDCD06B.jpegA031EBF0-2C38-418C-BF91-BE536034807F.jpeg

Back