Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

Hi guys,

I just bought my first Benchmade - a 320 precinct flipper. It was from an authorised seller I found on the benchmade website in my country. That being said, I saw on the internet that the box should have foam padding on all sides, however mine just had it on the bottom. Could it be that I've received a fake? Overall the knife feels solid and it's very sharp. I'll post some pictures for you to look at. Thanks in advance for your help.
I don’t have this particular model to check, but can confirm that for certain large/wide Benchmades such as the Contego, the “side foam padding” is omitted. Only the bottom padding is there, otherwise the knife can’t fit in.

Czech Republic, bought at the AD that was on the benchmade website. This model is indeed quite obscure, not sure if there would be a lot of reason to sell a fake. Good idea about the size - perhaps the flipper protrudes too far out to fit with the padding. What do you think about the pictures? Does it look genuine?
There shouldn't be any side foam. Should be good to go.

Thanks for this.
I contend that everything that this ebay seller deals is counterfeit. Benchmade, Chris Reeve, Extrema Ratio, CRKT, Cold Steel, etc. None of them can be sold for the $39 that they put them on ebay for at a buy it now price. I have sent messages to Ebay numerous times but they don't stop this seller. It is sickening to see this happen. I know that when Rolex watch company finds people ripping them off they get warrants and confiscate and destroy on the spot, every fake product.

First post here one the bladeforums but I just got scammed on an online auction site and they got almost everything right on the mini osbornes down to the gray benchmade foam in the box. It appears that all the counterfeits have a date on the box of 11/21/20 and the liners are silver along with the BK coating being way to glossy. This is a "top rated" seller selling fake mini osbornes and griptilians. He is charging slightly less than normal and totally ripping off consumers. I figured I'd let everyone know these counterfeits almost nailed the packaging and if i wasnt a benchmade collector I could have easily been tricked. Some pics of the liners, fake box, new counterfeits foam, axis paper and baggy, omega spring does not wrap around like a true axis lock, and finally the glossy bk coating has not been removed from where the axis bar rides. Pivot screw was also flatter than a real 945bk. Here is a link to some photos I took. Unfortunately I was rather pissed off demanded a refund and I mailed it back before taking photos of the full knife.

Here's a couple of pictures from the listing of the counterfeit.

Last edited:
First post here one the bladeforums but I just got scammed on an online auction site and they got almost everything right on the mini osbornes down to the gray benchmade foam in the box. It appears that all the counterfeits have a date on the box of 11/21/20 and the liners are silver along with the BK coating being way to glossy. This is a "top rated" seller selling fake mini osbornes and griptilians. He is charging slightly less than normal and totally ripping off consumers. I figured I'd let everyone know these counterfeits almost nailed the packaging and if i wasnt a benchmade collector I could have easily been tricked.
Benchmade Benchmade

First post here one the bladeforums but I just got scammed on an online auction site and they got almost everything right on the mini osbornes down to the gray benchmade foam in the box. It appears that all the counterfeits have a date on the box of 11/21/20 and the liners are silver along with the BK coating being way to glossy. This is a "top rated" seller selling fake mini osbornes and griptilians. He is charging slightly less than normal and totally ripping off consumers. I figured I'd let everyone know these counterfeits almost nailed the packaging and if i wasnt a benchmade collector I could have easily been tricked. Some pics of the liners, fake box, new counterfeits foam, axis paper and baggy, omega spring does not wrap around like a true axis lock, and finally the glossy bk coating has not been removed from where the axis bar rides. Pivot screw was also flatter than a real 945bk. Here is a link to some photos I took. Unfortunately I was rather pissed off demanded a refund and I mailed it back before taking photos of the full knife.

Here's a couple of pictures from the listing of the counterfeit.

Sorry to hear this...Thanks for the heads up.

so i was browsing on the bay & i came across this atrocity for $129:FF4FFAD2-C732-4266-8137-583E773397C7.jpeg
i looked at the sellers other items & everything else they were selling seemed legitimate, so i messaged them about the fact that they were selling an obvious fake. after a couple messages back & forth they took that nasty thing down on their own. i was pleasantly surprised by the interaction, i hadn’t really expected anything to come of it. i tend to buy a lot of my knives off of the bay since most of what i look for is discontinued and it was really encouraging to find such an honest, above board seller that put their integrity above making a quick sale

Purchased my first Benchmade (940-2.) Seller has a good rating and return policy so I took a chance on Ebay. Knife is new but listed as used due to "distressed packaging." Upon arrival I found nothing wrong with the packaging and the box/contents seem to be authentic.

Only problem I found was a small section of the G10 scale textured unevenly. I checked other threads and found this to be a common QC issue with this particular model. While not exactly impressed to hear this is a common issue on such an expensive knife, it's actually somewhat reassuring to see the same issue with authentic Benchmade's.

Others have said they've sent the knife to Benchmade to have the scale replaced, but I'd like to hear opinions whether or not it's authentic before sending it in.

940-2

I'm supposed to look at this tomorrow, price almost feels too good to be legit.
a8ea050857c548a7b117366fb4c5d0da.jpg

After a couple youtube videos there's a couple things off on this one that I'm going to pass on it.

Last edited:
Can you post pictures of your 535-3 in question? It would help for others to form an opinion on your concerns.

Back