Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

The hardware and typeface appears genuine to me. Also, REI and KnivesShipFree websites both have the logo printed closer to the pivot just like yours.
Thank you for your reply.
Is it possible that it may change depending on the time of manufacture?
Other than the logo, it doesn't

Is it possible that it may change depending on the time of manufacture?
Other than the logo, it doesn't
I don't know if the position changes between different runs or not.

benchmade moves the laser marks around periodically. usually a surer way to spot something wrong is with the font of the blade steel being off or the trademark R is oversized

benchmade moves the laser marks around periodically. usually a surer way to spot something wrong is with the font of the blade steel being off or the trademark R is oversized
The location of the logo changes regularly.

I recently noticed a Bugout copy from Yangjiang China with the brand "OK Knives".
These knives purport to be VG10. Of course it might be 10Cr15CoMoV.
What particuarly annoys me is that my two BM Bugouts have been customized
with Black Micarta on one, and OD G10 on the other.

yuRciF.jpg

I recently noticed a Bugout copy from Yangjiang China with the brand "OK Knives".
These knives purport to be VG10. Of course it might be 10Cr15CoMoV.
What particuarly annoys me is that my two BM Bugouts have been customized
with Black Micarta on one, and OD G10 on the other.

yuRciF.jpg
I wouldn't trust any markings on a fake knife

They made a SE “Jade G-10” Bugout 535 with M4 steel. But Benchmade doesn’t usually print the “CPM” part. only “M4” or “S30V” only.

I did find an example of “CPM M4” printed on a SMKW SE.

They have done both this year with M4 Bugs

Considering this purchase. Seller wants 200. Any opinions on authenticity-

Sorry, im terrible at uploading. Does this set off any bells?

Thank you all for any help.

Greetings, I received my mini griptilian 555HG in steel 154CM I am 95% sure that it is authentic but I would like to have additional opinions. The box is real and all the part: liner, washer, pivot, noryl gtx scales, blade, T10 and T6 screw are identical and interchange fit perfectly with my 555 mini griptilian S30V from 2019. What bothers me is the inscription "benchmade.com/pat" under the Mel Pardue logo. According to my research, this inscription replaced the inscription "US patent No 41,259" around the year 2017 which corresponds with the date on the box (Benchmade also started dating these boxes in 2017). Then from 2018 following the expiration of the axis lock patent Benchmde no longer put an inscription under the Mel Pardue logo of the griptilian. So my question is do you have griptilian / mini grip so you're sure it's true, dated 2017 with the inscription "benchmade.com/pat" under the Mel Pardue logo? And does the satin finish on the hollow grind seem normal to you, or are the stripes too thin for benchmade? And the blade look also stonewashed . I ask you this because the counterfeits of the 555HG have exactly this inscription "benchmade.com/pat" ... The screws have been polished but the footprint and the thread are black so it's ok. Thank you to the person who has already answered me and all those who will help me 🥰
icon_smile.gif

IMG-8038.jpg
IMG-8035.jpg
IMG-8034.jpg
IMG-8031.jpg
IMG-8032.jpg

Greetings, I received my mini griptilian 555HG in steel 154CM I am 95% sure that it is authentic but I would like to have additional opinions. The box is real and all the part: liner, washer, pivot, noryl gtx scales, blade, T10 and T6 screw are identical and interchange fit perfectly with my 555 mini griptilian S30V from 2019. What bothers me is the inscription "benchmade.com/pat" under the Mel Pardue logo. According to my research, this inscription replaced the inscription "US patent No 41,259" around the year 2017 which corresponds with the date on the box (Benchmade also started dating these boxes in 2017). Then from 2018 following the expiration of the axis lock patent Benchmde no longer put an inscription under the Mel Pardue logo of the griptilian. So my question is do you have griptilian / mini grip so you're sure it's true, dated 2017 with the inscription "benchmade.com/pat" under the Mel Pardue logo? And does the satin finish on the hollow grind seem normal to you, or are the stripes too thin for benchmade? And the blade look also stonewashed . I ask you this because the counterfeits of the 555HG have exactly this inscription "benchmade.com/pat" ... The screws have been polished but the footprint and the thread are black so it's ok. Thank you to the person who has already answered me and all those who will help me 🥰
icon_smile.gif

IMG-8038.jpg
IMG-8035.jpg
IMG-8034.jpg
IMG-8031.jpg
IMG-8032.jpg
I'm 99.375% sure it's real

Considering this purchase. Seller wants 200. Any opinions on authenticity-

Sorry, im terrible at uploading. Does this set off any bells?

Thank you all for any help.
Any help?

I recently acquired a 533-3 on the secondary market, and the seller said that they had purchased it at an authorized dealer. Since there are some clever counterfeits out there, I compared it closely to two other 533-3s that I had access to. All of the hardware matched perfectly, the carbon fiber weave matched, the box and paperwork/card that is put between the clip and the handle, and the pouch all match. The only thing that has me scratching my head is the blade itself. It is 2mm shorter and 1mm narrower, with the same overall proportions; just smaller. And the surface finish is not quite the same, left at a slightly coarser, lower grit.

Is this a known variant? I just want to know if such an occurrence has been noted before, and if it is real or not.
5Nh8IF0.jpg

ZZIseVk.jpg

I don't see any red flags in the S90V Mini BO ^^

Back