Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

I recently bought a “new” Grizzly Ridge from Sportsman’s warehouse. It came in a box that was obviously opened and someone had used the blade to cut tape. I took pictures and am going to call their customer service but the reason I am posting here is the blade had 15060 but the model is a 15061. The blades would be the same I think. I am wondering if Benchmade just put 15060 marked blades on the last of the 15061s. I cleaned the blade up and it is good as new now. I just thought it was weird. It had the orange thumb screws and everything looks just like a 61 but the blade was marked as a 60. I probably wouldn’t have even noticed if the blade wasn’t used.

Got a 535-3 bugout for Christmas from my brother since he knows i enjoy a good knife. I have 2 other Benchmades I ordered directly from the site but I can't seem to find this version of the bugout anywhere. I'm thinking that it's probably a fake or maybe a used one cause I know my brother wouldn't drop 500 on a custom knife haha. To be honest I wouldn't really care if it's a fake but my curiosity wants to know. Can y'all tell if it's real or not? Label says CPM-DAMASCUS for the steel type. Carbon fiber handle. Knife is in great condition and sharp. Attached is the link for the photos.

Got a 535-3 bugout for Christmas from my brother since he knows i enjoy a good knife. I have 2 other Benchmades I ordered directly from the site but I can't seem to find this version of the bugout anywhere. I'm thinking that it's probably a fake or maybe a used one cause I know my brother wouldn't drop 500 on a custom knife haha. To be honest I wouldn't really care if it's a fake but my curiosity wants to know. Can y'all tell if it's real or not? Label says CPM-DAMASCUS for the steel type. Carbon fiber handle. Knife is in great condition and sharp. Attached is the link for the photos.

I think you knew the answer...
Screenshot_20231225_101656_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I think you knew the answer...
View attachment 2434225
Unfortunately I kinda guessed it. To be honest this is probably one of the best fakes I've ever received or purchased haha. It feels great/sturdy. Pretty close to my real Benchmades. Sharp but probably won't last long. I'm happy with it just hoping he didn't pay much.

It's the thought that counts?

Also, the fakers should know CPM-Damascus is not a thing - CPM is a TM of Crucible and they don't make that kind of steel (at least they didn't also rip off Damasteel Corp too). I'm also guessing that this is on bearings like many other clones, while the real deal is on washers.

Benchmade does offer a custom build Bugout with Damasteel (and it's not polished steel which I've never seen before this). Here is a real one.

IMG_3967.JPG

Good Morning All. Someone is wanting to trade for a Benchmade knife but I need some advice if it's real and if you guys see any reason not to trade. Also what is the rough value of this knife. Thanks!
Corey

https://flic.kr/ps/43x9hR

Last edited:
This looks like counterfeit goods to me:

Someone selling 8 Grizzly Creeks, pictures appear to be the older version, without the orange accents, but the last one went for $75 (see the feedback), snd this is supposedly the last of the batch, selling for $98 or BO. The Grizzly Creek is a $250 knife.

This looks like counterfeit goods to me:

Someone selling 8 Grizzly Creeks, pictures appear to be the older version, without the orange accents, but the last one went for $75 (see the feedback), snd this is supposedly the last of the batch, selling for $98 or BO. The Grizzly Creek is a $250 knife.
Definitely fake.

Hello I purchased this Freek a while ago and didn't get around to looking it over till now. I am almost certain it is a fake but I want a second opinion and a opinion from a Benchmade employee that I could show PayPal if they want proof it's fake.
The knife pics are not clear enough or detailed enough to give an opinion. But any time I see the box without the special patterned styrofoam in there that Benchmade actually uses, I'm already thinking fake. But I'm not seeing any warning signs about the box label or the shade of blue, but the pattern looks a little off. Edit - the logo on the box label where the M in Benchmade is white inside of the butterfly actually does look off.

One pic looking from the bottom center is clear enough to see that the thumb studs actually look genuine. So, I'm confused.

The real ones will typically have a little "bumpy dot" texture on the inside of the G10 liner, and yours looks smooth like a fake but we don't get a good view.

Also your washers look a little fatter than genuine.

But I cannot examine the Jimping, Axis Bar holes and shape, hardware screw holes and clip engraving. nor can I examine the logo clearly enough. It does seem to missing the fake's large "R" that is often at the bottom right of the butterfly logo. I don't know why it's missing an "r" completely though. My Freek is the S90V and CF, so I can't compare the two.

This is a mixed bag, and we need better pictures as stated in the last paragraph above. Sorry

Last edited:
The knife pics are not clear enough or detailed enough to give an opinion. But any time I see the box without the special patterned styrofoam in there that Benchmade actually uses, I'm already thinking fake. But I'm not seeing any warning signs about the box label or the shade of blue, but the pattern looks a little off. Edit - the logo on the box label where the M in Benchmade is white inside of the butterfly actually does look off.

One pic looking from the bottom center is clear enough to see that the thumb studs actually look genuine. So, I'm confused.

The real ones will typically have a little "bumpy dot" texture on the inside of the G10 liner, and yours looks smooth like a fake but we don't get a good view.

Also your washers look a little fatter than genuine.

But I cannot examine the Jimping, Axis Bar holes and shape, hardware screw holes and clip engraving. nor can I examine the logo clearly enough. It does seem to missing the fake's large "R" that is often at the bottom right of the butterfly logo. I don't know why it's missing an "r" completely though. My Freek is the S90V and CF, so I can't compare the two.

This is a mixed bag, and we need better pictures as stated in the last paragraph above. Sorry
Yeah the foam being missing was the first oh crap moment when I looked it over. The other main concern is the washers as one is copper colored the other looks like brass. The action is also terrible and something's just seems off compared to my other Benchmade knives. I got some better photos now couldn't get a good one on the inside but it does look textured. Thank you for the help most of the fakes I've seen tend to be so cheap it's obvious but there is a few that are so close it's scary.
https://flic.kr/p/2pD53tL
https://flic.kr/p/2pD53ux

Yeah the foam being missing was the first oh crap moment when I looked it over. The other main concern is the washers as one is copper colored the other looks like brass. The action is also terrible and something's just seems off compared to my other Benchmade knives. I got some better photos now couldn't get a good one on the inside but it does look textured. Thank you for the help most of the fakes I've seen tend to be so cheap it's obvious but there is a few that are so close it's scary.
https://flic.kr/p/2pD53tL
https://flic.kr/p/2pD53ux
It's possible it's real and someone used the wrong washers in it. The hardware looks good. The scales look good too. HOWEVER, online photos of this knife show the tiny "R" in the butterfly logo at the bottom right and yours is missing. Usually in a replicas the "R" is too large and it's readable, while the real R is tiny and hard to read. Yours is gone.

Yours is an enigma - I'm going to need to see the jimping on the back of the knife, with the blade edge facing down or away from the camera. I also need a better view if the orange liners inside texture.

Fake Logo

img_1670-jpg.2029180

Fake steel cartridge and Thumbstuds on left - Real ones on right. See how rough and poorly finished the jimping is on the fake's steel cartridge

incorrect-shape-to-thumb-studs-and-liners-jpg.2029171

Fake G10 liner below - texture inside is smooth

missing-texture-on-liners-of-fake-jpg.1969486

Real G10 liners below, with little bumpy texture inside

correct-texture-on-liners-on-genuine-jpg.1969487

Last edited:
Back