Benchmade is CLEANING HOUSE!

BMCGear

Gold Member
So, got a pm from my buddy Cypress Cypress that Benchmade is cleaning house. Go look at what's been discontinued. Some heavy hitters in Benchmade's line up are being put out to pasture.

Got an email from BladeHQ about it.

Is this just a steel change for the Griptilian?

ive noticed a lot of sales since this summer. You never used to see anything but MAP prices. I wonder what’s going on?

Weren't the Grips just changed over to S30V last year? Kinda crazy they would discontinue them already unless they're changing up everything else about the model.

It looks like they're discontinuing the coated blades with earth tone handles?

Was surprised to see the Crooked River and Contego both on the list as well.

It looks like a majority of the BladeHQ folding models are the serrated edge.

Don’t currently own any Benchmade’s other than Bali’s. Any recommendations?

Don’t currently own any Benchmade’s other than Bali’s. Any recommendations?

Depending on what you like it's hard to go wrong with a Grip for 89 dollars. The Presidio II is a heavy hitter for 120.

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like they're discontinuing the red G-10 Proper, the 570/575 Presidio II series, the 698 Foray, serrated versions of the 940/943 Osbourne, 484 Nakamura, Valet and some Grips. Quite a few that surprised me. I did pick up one each of the G-10 Propers. Merry Christmas to me!

It looks like the whole 575 Mini Presidio II line is gone...

I bought one in March this year and was surprised it was a "First Production" (I think it was released early 2018). I guess no one is buying them. It's probably my favourite Benchmade.

Benchmade must be freeing up some money so they can invest in cigar cutting research.

Or, as their Instagram post eluded, to "A new era begins" means that 20CV will FINALLY become a standard steel in Benchmade's lineup, and they are clearing out the S30V models. The wording in the product announcement for the 535-1901 stated "G10 has finally made its way to the best-selling..." which might *gasp* indicate *gasp* that *gasp* Benchmade *gasp* is listening to their customers *gasp*.

Maybe I'm just being the needy girlfriend and reading between lines that aren't there...

Benchmade must be freeing up some money so they can invest in cigar cutting research.

Or, as their Instagram post eluded, to "A new era begins" means that 20CV will FINALLY become a standard steel in Benchmade's lineup, and they are clearing out the S30V models. The wording in the product announcement for the 535-1901 stated "G10 has finally made its way to the best-selling..." which might *gasp* indicate *gasp* that *gasp* Benchmade *gasp* is listening to their customers *gasp*.

Maybe I'm just being the needy girlfriend and reading between lines that aren't there...
That would be cool if they moved away from S30v for their premium models. As long as it doesn’t come with a $50 price increase. I’d be ok with 10 bucks though. They are already overpriced compared to other companies that manufacture knives with similarly materials.

Back