Benchmade Replacing Blades

Oops, must have missed that post. I'll put you in the latter category with the rest of us then. :)

The last two knives that were shipped today (551 and 710) completes my transition from serrated to plain edge, and the only black blades that remain is two 275 Adamas and a never used 913SBKD2 and 907SBKD2 Nitrous Strykers. I'll get rid of the Strikers and make someone who likes "locking liners" very happy. That will complete my transformation - all plain edge and no black blades except the two Adamas because I have no choice. No more Rambo for me. :)

Got confirmation that my knives shipped from Benchmade today!
They received on 2/5 and sent back on 3/12.
I hope this helps give you guys a timetable for your blades.

I only own the 2 BMs right now. Nothing against Spyderco & Kershaw, but I have been missing my 940 & 581.

Last edited:
Got confirmation that my knives shipped from Benchmade today!
They received on 2/5 and sent back on 3/12.
I hope this helps give you guys a timetable for your blades.

I only own the 2 BMs right now. Nothing against Spyderco & Kershaw, but I have been missing my 940 & 581.

Do you have any before pictures?

And maybe post some when they come in.

Alas no before pics. Should've too, because the Barrage blade was really messed up. I couldn't tell if it was a bad grind or poor heat treat, bur the last 1/4" to the tip was completely off. I could literally see the change in color/texture as if it was almost a separate piece of steel welded on. The change was that drastic. The 940 I just FUBARed the choil while sharpening it. Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REIs7xLFQPI

I basically did the exact same thing only uglier.

I can put up some pics after they come in, if you want to see how they came out.

Last edited:
I jusy picked up a ce 943 in a trade, called benchmade and it is now about to be headed there for a blade change

Called BM
According to there schedual.

Should ship next week.

Got my 940 and 581 back on Wed. Sorry I forgot to post it (I'll put up picks tonight). Unfortunately, the repair dept. mixed up my requests fow the knives. I sent the 581 in for a screwy grind that felt like a slight bend starting about 1/4" from the tip. I sent the 940 for blade play and to also swap out the blade (since I messed it up) for a black one. When I opened them up the Barrage had the black blade and the 940 had the same messed up blade (though they did fix the blade play). Whitney in CS was great. I explained that I was clear in my request and had even asked if it was possible to get one of the new s90v blades put on at an extra cost (no upgrades allowed). So it should have been clear for which knife I wanted the swap done. She documented it and sent me a shipping label. Sent them out today, and since I already had to wait a month and a half, I hope they put a rush on it.

Got my 940 and 581 back on Wed. Sorry I forgot to post it (I'll put up picks tonight). Unfortunately, the repair dept. mixed up my requests fow the knives. I sent the 581 in for a screwy grind that felt like a slight bend starting about 1/4" from the tip. I sent the 940 for blade play and to also swap out the blade (since I messed it up) for a black one. When I opened them up the Barrage had the black blade and the 940 had the same messed up blade (though they did fix the blade play). Whitney in CS was great. I explained that I was clear in my request and had even asked if it was possible to get one of the new s90v blades put on at an extra cost (no upgrades allowed). So it should have been clear for which knife I wanted the swap done. She documented it and sent me a shipping label. Sent them out today, and since I already had to wait a month and a half, I hope they put a rush on it.
They better move it to the front of the line...

I have sent in several 940s for blades and have had good luck. One thing I wanted to add is if you have a 943 and want the 940 blade put on , they will do that and you will have a black 940....It will say 940 on the blade though. I did this with a 942 I had that needed a blade and came back with a 940 blade ( same thing just different model number). Also make sure you check that they dont charge you for a black blade on accident as this happened to me once, but they were quick to fix it - if I didnt make sure I would have missed it .

Oh yeah. I'm watching my email like a hawk. Once I get the confirmation that they received it, I'll be on the phone to make sure they understand what I want done and hopefully put a rush on my request.

I believe they'll do it for $10, plus the cost of the blade if you're upgrading (coatings,steel,etc). Additionally, shipping, which I think is the $5 fee you have to pay to send the knife in, in any case

I believe they'll do it for $10, plus the cost of the blade if you're upgrading (coatings,steel,etc). Additionally, shipping, which I think is the $5 fee you have to pay to send the knife in, in any case

I better not get charged one red cent. They screwed up by putting the wrong blade on the wrong knife.

I checked the tracking and it was received on Wed 3/26, we'll see when I get my confirmation e-mail

Sometimes you get a nice upgrade. I sent in my old 154CM 710 and a gorgeous D2 blade came home. 25 bucks well spent

Got my blades back today! Benchmade received it Wed 3/26 fixed it, and sent it back Thursday 3/27. I'll post picks as soon as I figure out how... I didn't get any emails letting me know the status and honestly was about to call just to get the ball rolling. I must say that I prefer this method of, "It's here, now fix it and get it back to the customer asap". :thumbup: Both knives grinds are better and sharper than when I bought them. This totally makes up for their faux pas of mixing up my requests.

Special thanks to Whitney in Customer Service who promised and delivered.

The only time you will get a different steel is if what is being sent in has a steel that is no longer offered for that particular model. In those cases you will get the closest equivalent thereof

Back