Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I’ve been into the Wharncliffes lately. Can’t wait to see the CPK version! :thumbsup::)
kbI3u2p.jpg

What would be really sweet would be like a CPK La Griffe with a pointy wharncliffe blade. I'd really like something like that for an ultralight running knife. Emerson uses soft 154CM on their version, and Fred Perrin uses soft 1070 or 12C27. Would love a CPK AEB-L one.

View attachment 1533622
By request of Icky Thump... Coop’s photo of Matt’s kwaiken and Jill’s sheath. CPM-S45VN steel and amboyna burl handle with lace and resin coating. It was my hiking buddy today. Mike

Thank you!

Yea...woof... Elegant. Beautiful. Nice and stabby but still good utility. Really well done. Love the swedge.

Thank you again, Mike157 Mike157 :thumbsup:

I'm not really a traditional knife guy, but I've been intrigued by GEC for awhile. The recently released Crown Lifter and last year's Oil Field Jack (Micarta or Bone with wrench inlay) are the ones I would like to try first. If anyone has one of these models they would be willing to let go of please let me know. I definitely don't need another sharp things vice (CPK, Spyderco, LT Wright, and now Hoffman Axes), but these two GEC's models are calling my name. :confused:

David Sharp has a lot of raw talent. I don't think he's been making knives as long as some people around here have, maybe 10 years, but I think he won "best new maker" at Blade show a few years back and everything I've seen of his was first rate. He's probably one of the better makers out there.

I promised to show it on Sunday so here it is.
The finish is a little rough for laziness/authenticity.
It matches the original dimensions closely, 10-7/8" blade, 3/16" thick, 3-1/2" guard.
Mine is 3V at 60 HRC, so I pushed the grind a little thinner, convexing right to sharp.
It weighs 620g, a bit less than the 700g original.
Here is the pic I was working from, followed by mine.
NT49Dnt.png

03rpcux.jpg

wqFSsWY.jpg

B6osbiJ.jpg

IEvYCvQ.jpg

xqjxQeV.jpg

T6iuRVf.jpg

Terava Skrama 240 mm
Yes, it is no match for Medium Chopper, or Behemother, but for a 1/10 of the price, it can do a job.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have CPK Chopper, but after taxes, it would be nice too much.

I am still kicking my own ass for not picking up a Browning Crowell Barker chopper, when it was available at one local online shop....

Back