Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I'll throw these in here, because…CPK axes! One day.

I’ve been on a hatchet kick lately.

6YOngwLl.jpg

Beautiful, Gusbuster Gusbuster

You might enjoy this. Years ago I contacted Wally Hayes, a Canadian ABS Master Smith, from an ad in one of the knife rags. We hit it off and he agreed to make me an inexpensive neck knife that he had advertised in the magazine.

A short time later on he called me up and asked me if I would mind just letting him make me something he thought I would like. I said "Are you kidding? Of course."

Not long afterward I received my first knife from a master smith, made from his forged damascus...suitable for neck or belt carry. I was over the moon.

I got to meet Wally many times after that at various Blade Shows...and he was one of the first master smiths I can remember doing a lot of work for police, military and tactical units.

What a great guy.

This is a poor picture of that knife...but it's what I have available on my laptop.

Hayes2.jpg

Beautiful, Gusbuster Gusbuster

You might enjoy this. Years ago I contacted Wally Hayes, a Canadian ABS Master Smith, from an ad in one of the knife rags. We hit it off and he agreed to make me an inexpensive neck knife that he had advertised in the magazine.

A short time later on he called me up and asked me if I would mind just letting him make me something he thought I would like. I said "Are you kidding? Of course."

A short time later I received my first knife from a master smith, made from his forged damascus...suitable for neck or belt carry. I was over the moon.

I got to meet Wally many times after that at various Blade Shows...and he was one of the first master smiths I can remember doing a lot of work for police, military and tactical units.

What a great guy.

This is a poor picture of that knife...but it's what I have available on my laptop.

View attachment 1617566
Nice! :thumbsup:

Back