Best State to retire??

Idahoans are just tired of people (especially Californians) moving there.
😆🍺🍺
I want as many like minded people as possible near me

Ah-HAH! The old Reverse Psychology gambit. It could backfire, though! People from California, Washington, and Oregon who fleeing the conditions in their state who then invariably vote so that their new home degenerates exactly the same way might believe you . . . and then come there . . . and then vote!

iu

One of the things I've heard from some states is that Californians sell there homes and then buy new homes with cash and drive up the prices. Locals have a hard time competing.
That's definitely happening here in Texas. The squirrels from Commiefornia sell their cracker boxes for big bucks compared to here (real life example - <1500 sq ft 1920s house $1.8M) and come in and offer more than the asking price to ensure they get the house over regular local buyers. The real estate agents love it because they make more off commission.

We picked WY. Everytime we go there now (a couple of months per year), the wife can stop taking her lung medications. Cold is no problem, we both like it. We'll move for good (from CA) in a couple of years. By then, the new home-stead will be ready, too.

Ah-HAH! The old Reverse Psychology gambit. It could backfire, though! People from California, Washington, and Oregon who fleeing the conditions in their state who then invariably vote so that their new home degenerates exactly the same way might believe you . . . and then come there . . . and then vote!

There is some red in CA (> 30%), and the movers are far "redder" than blue. The blue voters (in particular the dead ones) like it here :D

There is some red in CA (> 30%), and the movers are far "redder" than blue. The blue voters (in particular the dead ones) like it here :D

I have hundreds of relatives in the SF Bay area and the surrounding counties. I know some of them would like to move (they've told me), but the family as a whole is to too tied to that region since that's where they settled when they came to the US and they are not fond of cold. I'm lucky that when my dad arrived here, he was in Lexington, KY, then moved to Indiana for his career and it became his home and the home of our branch of the family. I shudder to think how my life would be if I had been born and raised out there!

I'm old enough to be about ready to retire, but my fiscal health won't allow it. I'll have to work until I can't or they won't let me. Ironically, when I was in college and grad school and on the top of the heap with a bright career ahead of me, I believed that I would retire by the time I was 45. Hoo-boy, did I call that one wrong. On the bright side, once I hit my full retirement age (67), I can collect SS benefits (if any exist by then) without any penalty for continuing to work and earn. I'll probably wait until I'm 70 to start that though in order to maximize those checks.

If I am ever able to really retire, it will be here in Indiana!

I prefer a mixture of different thoughts, ideas, and opinions—as long as things are civil. If everyone’s thinking alike, they aren’t really thinking.

Civility is almost extinct, especially among those whose concept of thinking is a combination of obeying dogmatic rules set by their secular religion's leaders with exceptionally irrational outbursts of inappropriate emotions.

I see the inherent value in exposure to diversity of thought, but there is a lot of merit in choosing to insulate one's self from too much conflict where you live and where you want to rest. That is especially true given that true diversity of thought and opinion simply isn't tolerated in far too many regions of our once great country (a lesson I learned the hard way by living for four years in the SF Bay Area and attending grad school at UC Berkeley for two of those years). Anyone can deliberately gain exposure to different thoughts and opinions any time they choose if they seek it, but then to be able to turn off the noise when desired is beneficial.

If you move to a place where there's no people, it doesn't really matter what the knife laws are!
Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana... anywhere out there.
And if you want to see your CA dollars go the distance... well... there you have it.

why's staying in California that was good for your life, raising family and employment and such not good enough for retirement? not criticizing, just dont understand?

Back