Best tactical or “battle ready katana under” $250.00

You can get a 1045 carbon steel katana style sword for around 80 bucks. It'll cut melons and light targets. It'll need sharpening and will have a fake hamon if any but they're okay. Try Musashi.

Well OP said something other than APOC in his first post, but I have a couple of the apoc's and so far they're great blades, not the prettiest or most even grinds/machine work, but the steel seems to work as advertised, and they weren't expensive at all. I have the cutlass and wife got a yataghan.

Well OP said something other than APOC in his first post, but I have a couple of the apoc's and so far they're great blades, not the prettiest or most even grinds/machine work, but the steel seems to work as advertised, and they weren't expensive at all. I have the cutlass and wife got a yataghan.
I've been curious about those, Angus Trim designed the cutlass and katana right?

I've been curious about those, Angus Trim designed the cutlass and katana right?
The cutlass for sure and a couple more, can't remember about the katana. The cutlass is superb design, big fullers and a distal taper make it feel like an extension of your hand rather than holding weight, really well balanced. They didn't get the fuller on one side perfect on mine but that's really the only gripe I have about it and it doesn't affect function. It was only like 125 bucks shipped, I think you can buy from some vendors that will inspect and weed out the ones with machining issues.

Wife's yataghan is perfect, much more simple design so not hard to execute.

I was schooled about real life voodoo zombies , because the modern type of fantasy zombies were not yet widespread .

Real zombies were not infective brain eaters or particularly hard to kill because not really dead already ! 😏

here is an article on zombie deer and I am sorry to say that all it will take to start the zambie apocalypse will be a lonely camper one drunken night looking for some company but settling for... I hope I need not say more.

article link:https://abcnews.go.com/Health/zombie-deer-disease-spreading-us/story?id=61107970

here is an article on zombie deer and I am sorry to say that all it will take to start the zambie apocalypse will be a lonely camper one drunken night looking for some company but settling for... I hope I need not say more.

article link:https://abcnews.go.com/Health/zombie-deer-disease-spreading-us/story?id=61107970
We have a lot of deer here , but CWD does not appear to be prevalent in our area of the USA .

I just pray they can't weaponize prion based pathogens . :eek:

The TOPS CUMA Kage appears to be a cool zombie dispatcher. Quite a few chop vids on Redtube, I mean youtube.

You can get a 1045 carbon steel katana style sword for around 80 bucks. It'll cut melons and light targets. It'll need sharpening and will have a fake hamon if any but they're okay. Try Musashi.
Musashi Musha line 1045 TacWaks are down to $60 bucks right now on Amazon. Pretty nice reviews regarding good value for these practical/tactical swords. Didn't know if they're fake hamon though.

Musashi Musha line 1045 TacWaks are down to $60 bucks right now on Amazon. Pretty nice reviews regarding good value for these practical/tactical swords. Didn't know if they're fake hamon though.
There are folks who would call 1045 a sword like object but as long as you stick with nothing firmer than pool noodles they cut fine. I bought one from Musashi back when sword buyers guide recommended a 1045 katana they were selling for $59 as a budget beater, well worth the money.

I've always wanted a Cold Steel chisa. Two hand grip, monosteel that has some spring. Not to be confused with the CS warrior series full katana but one could do worse. For $60, get a machete and a few cases of bottled water.

I have been surprised by a few cheap katana swords and there are fair reviews of a lot of stuff under $100 and perhaps that fixes their need. Buy what appeals to you and your budget.

Cheers
GC

Last edited:
Dragon King Forge Modern Katana is about $250. I just bought the Modern Tanto and its sweet. G10 handle

Back