Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

One of my most "drinkable " single malts. American Jack standing guard.
IMG_1693.JPG

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

@Jolipapa and @dantzk8 , thank you both for a very entertaining and educational conversation. It made my evening even better

One of my most "drinkable " single malts. American Jack standing guard.
View attachment 1204833

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

And yet, alas, it's unopened and unenjoyed. Nice knife.

Is that a moonshine chaser, Taylor? You da man!

One fist of iron, the other of steel.
If the right one don't get you, then the left one will.

(Though I deplore Jack Daniel's decision to drop its proof to appeal to the international trade - or save dollars.) Correct knife.
- Stuart

@Jolipapa and @dantzk8 , thank you both for a very entertaining and educational conversation. It made my evening even better

And yet, alas, it's unopened and unenjoyed. Nice knife.

Is that a moonshine chaser, Taylor? You da man!

One fist of iron, the other of steel.
If the right one don't get you, then the left one will.

(Though I deplore Jack Daniel's decision to drop its proof to appeal to the international trade - or save dollars.) Correct knife.
- Stuart
Thanks Stuart. However, if you look closely you will find that the bottle has been opened. After the photo was taken I enjoyed a wee dram.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Thanks Stuart. However, if you look closely you will find that the bottle has been opened. After the photo was taken I enjoyed a wee dram.

I take you at your word, Bill, and am glad that enjoyment was had, as that's too fine a whisky to sit still. Still a fine knife, too.
- Stuart

TUuudia.jpg

One of the best beers EVAH!
That's the ticket, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I've been trying a bunch of Oktoberfest beers for a couple of weeks now, and the Sam Adams is certainly good!
(But I think I like the Samuel Adams Boston Lager that you've recommended even more. ;):thumbsup:)

- GT

Vince, in my neighborhood, Forties of Colt .45 Malt Liquor used to be popular. If you like a 20 oz. bottle, you'll love a 40! ;):cool:

- GT
Haven't had Schlitz Malt Liquor since the '70s! I think I drank a case of it once. Very bad move.

That's the ticket, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I've been trying a bunch of Oktoberfest beers for a couple of weeks now, and the Sam Adams is certainly good!
(But I think I like the Samuel Adams Boston Lager that you've recommended even more. ;):thumbsup:)

- GT
Planning a trip this weekend to Fredericksburg, Texas for Octoberfest!

EjfmZ08.jpg

I could swear that everything in the room was straight when I took the picture. It was the 5th take, though.

- Stuart
How do you like the Hacker-Pschorr, Stuart? I've been trying a variety of Festbiers for the past 2 or 3 weeks, and will probably get a couple more new-to-me brands when I get groceries tomorrow, but I haven't been very faithful in posting my Oktoberfest adventures here.
Hacker-Pschorr is one that I've tried. I like it OK, but I think I prefer the American "imitations' better than the imported German beers. I definitely like the H-P better that the Paulaner Oktoberfest Wiesn I posted previously. And as Stuart's photo shows, you can't beat the label art mit der schönen Jungfrau auf kriegerischem Ross! :thumbsup:;)

joker.wood.hacker.pschorr.oktfest.jpg

- GT

Haven't had Schlitz Malt Liquor since the '70s! I think I drank a case of it once. Very bad move.
If I'm not mistaken and if memories serves?
"If your gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough!" was printed on the Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull's behind. :p
That one "The Bull" and Lowenbrau (aka low in brains) were incredibly popular in the late 1970's. :confused:
My best friend met and later married "Frau Lowenbrau 1979" a few years later. :p
Frau Lowenbrau could spill more beer than most guys could drink. :eek:
Haven't thought about those two beers in nearly 40 years! :D

Back