Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Currently at work so none of the hard stuff

CPMMgkw.jpg

Good description. My favorite as well. There are still plenty for me to sample and see if that statement stands.
Well, it's smoky, and my sister-in-law once described it as "liquid BBQ", and I thought: Yeah!
Just poured some for my wife. Hope she doesn't get to liking it too much. The first time she smelled it she said it smelled like a dirty leather shoe!

Drinking some 18-year old Glenmorangie right now myself.

OMG - the "mostly richly flavored" is like poison to me. No offense please - just another set of taste buds weighing in. Glad that there are other options. I literally threw out my 1st bottle of this stuff :confused: It was like drinking the worst medicine. I'm not a fan of overly peat Scotch. My favorite middle road is Glenfiddich 12 but there are other single malts that I find delicious too. Laphroaig absolutely not on the list. I did try it though ;)

Ray

OMG - the "mostly richly flavored" is like poison to me. No offense please - just another set of taste buds weighing in. Glad that there are other options. I literally threw out my 1st bottle of this stuff :confused: It was like drinking the worst medicine. I'm not a fan of overly peat Scotch. My favorite middle road is Glenfiddich 12 but there are other single malts that I find delicious too. Laphroaig absolutely not on the list. I did try it though ;)

Ray
No offense, Ray! :D
My first taste, in 1997, was not pleasant to me. I thought: "What did I just buy? Am I going to be able to drink it?" I persevered. By the time I was halfway through the bottle (and no, not in one night!), it had become my favourite Scotch. Still is. But it's not for everyone.

Ray
Understandable. I'm the same way with hops. IPAs taste like I just got sick in my mouth. Porters, stouts and brown ales for me.

Understandable. I'm the same way with hops. IPAs taste like I just got sick in my mouth. Porters, stouts and brown ales for me.

Good point:D But Pale Ales were not always this ghastly citrus concoction, it's an American slant and one I don't care for...however, for me at least, the American slant on Whiskey blasts all that Scotch & Irish out of their Bogwater;):D:D And I'm European:cool:

Good point:D But Pale Ales were not always this ghastly citrus concoction, it's an American slant and one I don't care for...however, for me at least, the American slant on Whiskey blasts all that Scotch & Irish out of their Bogwater;):D:D And I'm European:cool:
I'll make an exception for Spey whiskies and Powers Irish.;)

No offense, Ray! :D
My first taste, in 1997, was not pleasant to me. I thought: "What did I just buy? Am I going to be able to drink it?" I persevered. By the time I was halfway through the bottle (and no, not in one night!), it had become my favourite Scotch. Still is. But it's not for everyone.

Yes - I did not persevere - it was just too severe. :( Never occurred to me to keep trying; there are so many good options available. Maybe I need to spring for the 18 year old stuff but only if someone else is buying. If I ever come visit Vince maybe I can taste again. ;)

Ray

Back