• Giraffe Bone

Votes: 35 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

knifeswapper

Knife Peddler
OK, you get one vote. If the top two choices are within 10% we will have a runoff. If this all goes thru there will be no returns due to slab cosmetics, so keep that in mind. If the winner is price restrictive (more than $15 higher than the average), we will move to the second choice.

If you plan on purchasing at least one; please vote. That way we can use this poll to gauge interest as well.

Quick vote: I want to have enough information to hit the ground Monday.

Mentioned Below, but worth putting here: I suspect Birch Maple = Blue Maple

Last edited:
What is Birch Maple wood, I mean is it one or the other ?

Ugh - too many great choices. I'm in for one and voted. I honestly don't care what scale it turns out to be, given these choices it's bound to be stunning.

I voted and am definitely in for at least one! Assuming it’s possible for those of us in Europe (which, on the surface, seems like it should be simple).

Thanks again, Mike.

Vote Olive Wood!

3co2FgA.jpg

I'm afraid the wood vote is gonna get split, and I'll have to do some hard thinking about whether to buy a knife this year. :(

r8shell r8shell , you are so funny. I could never vote for giraffe after seeing your post. How do you feel about Ram's Horn? Mike's Italian SFO's have always had the most spectacular Ram's Horn. Every year we come close to getting Ram's Horn. Maybe this will be the year?

I love the look of ram's horn, but have had persistent battles with carpet beetles, who also love ram's horn (and buffalo horn).

But I really had my hopes set on getting a swayback with carbon fiber :(

Before I vote- does anyone have good comparison pics of ram horn VS ox horn?

Giraffe is very tempting

sorry just catching up. It looks like post #323 by @Eli Chaps has some good pics of the handles. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
I'm in for whatever it turns out to be.... but I went with amboyna after goobering pics of knives with those handles. That is a beautiful wood....

r8shell r8shell , you are so funny. I could never vote for giraffe after seeing your post. How do you feel about Ram's Horn? Mike's Italian SFO's have always had the most spectacular Ram's Horn. Every year we come close to getting Ram's Horn. Maybe this will be the year?
Ram's horn was actually my first choice, but have been mulling it over since I got the impression it might be more of a hassle for Mike.
Sheep aren't a vulnerable/endangered species, and I believe cow bone is a by-product of the meat industry, and I'm not a vegetarian.

:oops: I don't deny being a hypocrite, but I don't like the idea of using giraffe. (unless they are sustainably sourced???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back