BHQ Excl. Lum Tanto?

I was going to pass on this simply because I'm not a Tanto fan but the more I look at the pics the more I'm considering picking one up. Ugh, this forum and BHQ's marketing/photography department is bad for my bank account.

I did a regrind on that thick blade and the gray scales stained in my blue jeans so I dyed the scales.
So no, it wasn't something as simple as aftermarket scales, it was permanent, irreversible mods that killed resale.
Didn't stop me from reselling though. I knew someone would want and enjoy it.
Yeah that's a bit more than some new scales.
:)

Any ETA on this one by those in-the-know? I kinda deliberately missed out on BHQ's DLC-M4 Manix 2 mania but do not wish to apply the same lethargy to this pattern as I have never owned a Lum inspired pattern and never any tango style folders!

Any ETA on this one by those in-the-know? I kinda deliberately missed out on BHQ's DLC-M4 Manix 2 mania but do not wish to apply the same lethargy to this pattern as I have never owned a Lum inspired pattern and never any tango style folders!
I fished around for some information on the release of this at the Factory Outlet yesterday and all I could get out of my very friendly and helpful associate was that she was down for two, haha. I didn't get the impression she was keeping any secrets, so I didn't press the interrogation.

BHQ has a pretty good alert system and they seem to have enough on hand that you've got more than minutes to order one if you want it.

Following their other exclusives I predict February 22nd. Maybe the 15th but not likely.

Thank you all for the heads up info. I'm already subscribed to their email system as the Lum folder is also on my BHQ wish list.

Tuesday 10AM MT!

Edit: looks like Scooter beat me to it.

i was just looking at the lum tanto,and wish it had M4 steel,i would buy it in a hart beat.

Just a reminder that this pattern is limited to 2 per household. I'm going for one :thumbsup:

I like the blade shape a lot. But I'm not crazy about the steel. I'm passing. So two more for you guys.

I like the blade shape a lot. But I'm not crazy about the steel. I'm passing. So two more for you guys.

Wovlie, I had the same steel on my pakkawood Delica 4 which I eventually sold on to one of our very good standing members on here. I live near the coast but not exactly by the coast (well about 7 miles away) but the steel would tarnish on me even quicker than the M4 steel which I had no such issues with. Interestingly they have changed the laminate steel from SUS410 to SUS420 if I'm being correct on this, but don't know if that makes a significant difference or not. I think that perhaps the part of the tarnishing which I had experienced with the Delica 4 was because I had cut an apple or two which I washed and wiped right away!

Nevertheless, I'm in because I have never either owned a Lum or a Tanto blade from any maker! This illogic alone makes more more excited about this folder than my past experience with the steel and there goes logic outta window :D

Wovlie, I had the same steel on my pakkawood Delica 4 which I eventually sold on to one of our very good standing members on here. I live near the coast but not exactly by the coast (well about 7 miles away) but the steel would tarnish on me even quicker than the M4 steel which I had no such issues with. Interestingly they have changed the laminate steel from SUS410 to SUS420 if I'm being correct on this, but don't know if that makes a significant difference or not. I think that perhaps the part of the tarnishing which I had experienced with the Delica 4 was because I had cut an apple or two which I washed and wiped right away!

Nevertheless, I'm in because I have never either owned a Lum or a Tanto blade from any maker! This illogic alone makes more more excited about this folder than my past experience with the steel and there goes logic outta window :D

I live very close to the ocean as well and try to avoid non-stainless blades lately but there is no way I can pass up a Lum Tanto. I am probably only going to get one for fear of rust/tarnishing.

Back