Big knife for a Small Town

I got my first one, a BAS from KNN today. There are names on the blade, seems to me, BTW, as well as the lamp.

The first thing that happened was a feeling inside you all knew. Here is something a son could own someday.

My next step will be to get the little sons in the truck, drive down the dirt road of our little one-bar town and show all 30 residents my new knife. Bart hunts cougar with his dogs, everyone pans for gold, hunts, fishes, but I don't think anyone's seen a knife like this even when the whorehouses were up and running during the mining boom.

My second stop will be at a stump, where like everyone, I just have to take a whack or 60 with it.

Thanks to you all for all I am learning,

munk

Wait till HIKV REALLY sets in. And woodchuckery as well. You'll look to sand and chop everything in sight. :D

Congrats on your first HI khukuri!!!!:)

Question:
There are names on the blade, seems to me, BTW, as well as the lamp.

You mean there is writing BESIDES on the side of the blade up near the spine(just forward of the bend in the blade), which has two letters each one followed by a period?

I'm curious if they started the signatures already.

Thanks!

Originally posted by munk
I got my first one, a BAS from KNN today. There are names on the blade, seems to me, BTW, as well as the lamp.

The first thing that happened was a feeling inside you all knew. Here is something a son could own someday.

My next step will be to get the little sons in the truck, drive down the dirt road of our little one-bar town and show all 30 residents my new knife. Bart hunts cougar with his dogs, everyone pans for gold, hunts, fishes, but I don't think anyone's seen a knife like this even when the whorehouses were up and running during the mining boom.

My second stop will be at a stump, where like everyone, I just have to take a whack or 60 with it.

Thanks to you all for all I am learning,

munk
:)

Keep us posted. I think it's the HI logo he's talking about. Haven't seen any sigs show up yet.

FAR OUT you lucky munk!
Smile there ol chap!
:)
SEE YA and keep on cuttin.
Thanks,
ibear

I wanted to warn you about the addictive tendencies of these khukuris. I don't know if there are any records but I bought 3 in two weeks. I had an old one that needed company, good excuse huh?
All the best, Sam

It's the HI sign, then. I didn't know there was a high sign. Cool.

I may have managed to get HI on the Q2 News out of Billings Montana. They had a news van out to talk to the local shopkeeper who also rents cabins. Our prarrie dog season has been truncated thanks to the zealots at Fish and Game. This is hurting our business which needs sportsmen. The 'dogs may be endangered elsewhere, but not in Eastern Montana. Doesn't matter. The bureacrats score brownie points with 'conservation and responsible wildlife management', which if it meant anything would be OK.

Anyway, the interview was over and the shopkeeper came back to his counter with the news crew trailing behind. His wife piped up,"look dear, munk wanted to show you his new knife. He peered across the counter, and I noticed the light on the cameraman's equipment came back on. So there was my new BAS flashing steel in the shop.
"That's real horn," I said, 'this is the knife carried by the British Ghurka regiment."
'Where'd you get it?" He asked politely.
"AT HIMILAYAN IMPORTS". He made some admiring cooing sounds.
"You think I could split the girdle of an Elk with that?" I asked.
"Easy," he said.

ON the other hand, the film may be edited to show the shopkeeper's opinion on prarrie dogs was nothing more than blood lust from the wilderness fringe in Montana. If media wants to make you look bad, they can do it with or without your assent.

But I got HI's name in.

munk

Hey, Ibear, thanks. I told you this was a neat place.

To all of you HI'ers; Ibear's a freind of mine I met in a gun rights forum. He had to come and see for himself where his brother marines ended up.

munk

Hi munk, seems you've got the disease!

I enjoy showing these blades to normal non knives addicts, they have a "What the hell is that?" look in their face. they also can hardly understand anything like that could be useful.

Have fun,

I enjoy showing these blades to normal non knives addicts, they have a "What the hell is that?" look in their face. they also can hardly understand anything like that could be useful>>

They have a look in their eyes that says they don't believe such things are still manufactured. They have a look in their eyes that says study the owner's face carefully for any signs of an incipient psychotic break.

munk

NOW! You can defend yourself!
Seneseless death is dying senseless, I sometimes remember, I have said,
Death for purpose is dying with cause, but, without cause, dead is what happens after death!
Death without purpose is old age at work or
A bit to much resting without any biological activity or
Not being prepared for the possibility of the unexpected.
Or it could be death from an evil person of ill repute simply because,
you forgot your Khukuri and that maniac ran all over you, twice, or
was it four or maybe more? Oh well, too late now!
Or it could be that damned donkey kicking **** out of you.
Shouldn't have stood behind him, I'm thinkin.
Defend yourself, I'll stand clear.
Thanks from,
Another ExMarine Poet
ibear

Had already sized munk up as one of the good guys, but it seems like ibear just might be one, too :D

Us old marines are still pluggin along.
What else we gonna do?
Keep on keeping on, I'm guessing.
Thanks,
ibear

Originally posted by munk
I enjoy showing these blades to normal non knives addicts, they have a "What the hell is that?" look in their face. they also can hardly understand anything like that could be useful>>munk

Munk,
Run away as fast as you can! Don't ever sign on here again. I've only been here a few weeks and already I've bought 8! It's totally addictive. I'm warning you now, though if you've had one in your hand it's probably too late!:D

Steve Ferguson

I didn't say the quote, BTW...mine was the followup about psychosis...which you're telling me is too late, because I've held one....

Ferguson, yours is the quote that started Ibear's poem. I'd complained to him if 8 punks, all extremly large, were about to destroy me in an alley, if I could I'd run to safety. (next time I tell this it'll be 16 punks..) It was your postscript of "better to die than be a coward". Course, now we get into, 'what is courage, and what is fear?" Dying for nothing doesn't appeal to anyone. Put my wife and children in the alley, and I'd die going down and taking some with me, as I would when that time arrived for myself alone.

We don't usually get to choose our time and place, do we?

I guess my example doesn't make absolute sense. If I fell into a tank of sharks I wouldn't feel the obligation to prove I wasn't a coward, and neither would you. Times when it mattered, I stood, and I think that is what you mean by your quote.

As for our mutual concern of infection, if you'd really cared about my welfare you would have posted a skull and crossbones on the forum header along with the international sign of both biological and radioactive contamination. You failed me, buddy. Now it's too late. My next Kuk's on the way now.

munk

Munk,
My signature line is the Gurkha motto (according to a book I'm reading). Doubt I'll ever be able to live up to it (hope I don't have to;) ) ,but it is something to strive for.

Steve

There are Gurkhas today, right? The Brits should send them into Nepal to clean up.

munk

Back