• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

bigmark408: Who is he? An ugly attempted transaction

hdwrlover, are you suggesting that bigmark408 is a thief because he asked you to send money to a friend's paypal account?

You are way off the mark and crying about him not wanting to sell to you on here is completely out of order.

Paypal protects both the seller and the buyer
In some way that a money order doesn't?

hdwrlover, are you suggesting that bigmark408 is a thief because he asked you to send money to a friend's paypal account?

You are way off the mark and crying about him not wanting to sell to you on here is completely out of order.

Paypal protects both the seller and the buyer

In some way that a money order doesn't?

I'm thinking the rest of that quote is "from ever getting their money back if either is screwed by the other." That's been my experience anyway. That's why I always use a CC as my Paypal payment form. That way when PP is screwing you around you can at least get your money back through your CC.

Guys,

I understand many people don't like Paypal, and I have sent money orders for knives. However, to use someone else's Paypal address raises suspicions. Then the fact that his replies fell more and more into the toilet made me more suspicious.

Yes, I do feel Paypal is more secure than a money order. It is a recorded transaction by a third party, similar to a letter of credit used in international transactions. A credit card would also be more secure than a money order. Doesn't guarantee you will not be ripped off, but creates a record of the transaction more than a money order. I understand people often do not want this record for various reasons.

My post would not have taken place had he let my last e-mail stand before replying calling me "shady", which was more like trying to cover his butt than anything. I buy and sell with both hands on the table and expect others to do the same.

I have been here a long time and have dealt with bigmark as well. nothing but positives to add.

this is waaay out of proportion.

Ron LaBella gives an enthusiastic thumbs up for BIGMark.:thumbup: :thumbup:

time to move on hardwearlovar

I have done business with bigmark408 and even though we dont see eye to eye on some things. I trust the man.
Jeff

I just recently purchased one of his ZT 0301's and paid to the paypal account he asked me to, 3 days later, my zt arrives as described, so he obviously has what he says he has and ships very fast. looks like you jumped the gun a little bit on him.

If someone asked me to paypal to someone elses account...no way.

Don't know bigmark408 but guys I trust say he's o.k.
I DO know hrdwrlover and would deal with him in a second.

Truthfully this could have been handled better by both guys tho.
I'd still deal with either.

It wasn't until recently, that I had a Paypal account. Up until then, I had asked a few friends with Paypal accounts to intercept some payments for me and send me a check(minus any fees, of course). Never thought I was doing anything wrong. I think this whole thread has been blown waaaay out of context. Both of these guys are more than likely great folks to deal with, and I will continue to believe so, until either of them give me reason not to.

Have bought from bigmark408 and he is as SOLID as they come. I trust Mark enough that I would offer to let him use MY paypal account. This criticism is completely uncalled for.

i dont have a payapl account and dont want one and its no ones biz but mine why i dont want one.

post a copy of his DD214??? WTF is that about lol. besides, who cares??

if ya dont like something about a deal dont do the deal, simple as that, all the rest of this is a bunch of BS over nothing imho.

For the record, I am the PayPal medium for my GOOD FRIEND BigMark. I have gotten to know him pretty well over the past couple months, HE IS NOT LOOKING TO SCREW ANYONE. If there are transactions that require PayPal, I allow him to have them sent to MY PayPal addy and I cut him a check.....NOT A BIG DEAL. In MY OPINION, I could CARE LESS where the seller wants his $$$ sent as long as I get the item promised. I think one could surmise that hdwrlover was acting defensive for a reason, you ever heard the saying "A dog smells his own $hit first. In closing, I think hdwrlover missed out on the opportunity to snag a good deal from a GREAT GUY........his loss.

timdougherty@comcast.net

Don't know bigmark408 but guys I trust say he's o.k.
I DO know hrdwrlover and would deal with him in a second.
It would seem what we have here is two stand-up guys that got off on the wrong foot with one another.

Truthfully this could have been handled better by both guys tho.
Yup.

ISTM that now that both have seen the other side's perspective explained, and ISTM they both had valid points, maybe they could shake hands and carry on with the transaction?

I received these ZT knives in a trade deal and am offering them at a price that i have not seen offered any other place, i had not done paypal before but have had many requests and i am still getting pm's asking to do so.

my friend that has posted here, had been offering to let me use his and i finnaly agreed, i did not want to set up my own account because i have this thing about giving out my personal info.....bank accounts,CC #s etc....especially on line........i was short with Mr. Dang because of the way he requested that i set up an account just to make him feel comfortable......at that point i felt my integrity was challanged.......and i became bitter.....as i try to live my life by Honor and Integrity.......and as you can all see from some that have posted here in my behalf.......i have shown nothing but Honor and Integrity in my dealings.

as far as putting this in the past i will do so with Mr. Dang.......but my words to him were in pm and he has chosen to attack me in public and disscreidit me and my for sale post......... and for that i can forgive but i will NOT FORGET !!

I said i would no longer comment here, but i felt this must be said. I would never attack someone in public on the net with out solid facts and a damn good reason and i would never consider a potential purchase gone bad a reason to attack another persons integrity in public or any place else.

in closing i will say that i consider this issue closed and will not comment any further, I wish Mr.Dang and his family all the best. But i will Never deal with him. And i will Never respect him.

It saddens me that you all had to listen to this bullshit as it is not my style!!

Mark

I haven't dealt with Bigmark, but based on what I've just read, give the guy a break and change the title of this post or delete it, sounds like a stand up guy.

Mark, I understand your feelings. As far as I am concerned you have shown yourself to be of outstanding character.

A LOT of overreaction here.

Unless you've dealt with someone previously, no, you don't know them, you're dealing on faith or reputation. If there's any reason you feel uncomfortable with the deal, as a buyer or as a seller, back out, the sooner the better. Just tell them, sorry, I changed my mind.

Maybe some time in the future you'll come to know them, maybe through an online conversation, or someone else vouching for them. But after an argument like this, two of you may have lost an opportunity to make a friend.

I've done a deal with Mark recently, and he has been very professional. The simple fact is that if you do not want to deal the way he deals then leave him alone. You don't have to buy his stuff, keep looking, the same product will come along in the future or just place a thread in Want To Buy. He doesn't want to do something (like PayPal) then he doesn't have to. My two cents. Bill

I understand why some do not use pay pal but that deal on sending it to someone elses would have raised a red flag to me too.
I resently could have gotten into a mess just like this.I had a knife up for sell here and someone from China contacted me about it.He said someone he knew in the US would pay for it and I could send it to China.I told him I would but I could not insure it,he agreed.I also told him I needed payment via M.O. or Pay Pal.So I then got an email from the guy in the US asking for my address.I told him he could send the M.O. to XXX.A day later he said he was going to send me a company check.That plus a few other things I thought I was picking up on in the emails had red flags poping up.I told him I needed pay pal or a M.O. He then sent a very nasty email saying something about me not being a good businessman.I sent him a reply saying I was not a bussinessman but just a guy selling a knife and let it drop instead of fighting with him.Strange thing is I never heard a thing form the guy in China about it.I did here from another member leter when telling him about the deal that the guy in China was OK.
Funny how you can get all the wrong vibes by how a person writes a email.

I delt with Mark I bought 2 ZT from him I bought the 0200 and the 0400 and thinking about the 0100 but he said he's out.But he still shows a picture so I don't no.I was goinng to bu the ZT 0100 but he had a MPC and ERR's is what I collect so now I have issues.

I delt with Mark I bought 2 ZT from him I bought the 0200 and the 0400 and thinking about the 0100 but he said he's out.But he still shows a picture so I don't no.I was goinng to bu the ZT 0100 but he had a MPC and ERR's is what I collect so now I have issues.

Uh, what?

oil

Back