• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

bigmark408: Who is he? An ugly attempted transaction

I can identify with this post because I became suspicious of a deal whereby I thought I was dealing with a person in the USA and when I made the PayPal payment, it went to another individual in a foreign country. That lead me to think I was being scammed and it became a bad situation to say the least.

PayPal allows immediate payment and is very convenient but some people prefer not to provide personal information to open an account. From a buyers perspective, PayPal does offer a certain level of recourse should the deal not go as planned. In my experience your credit card company is your BEST ally should things go bad.

I learned by getting ripped off, that if you pay with bank check, money order, etc. there is little to nothing you can do if what you paid for never arrives or isn't what it was supposed to be.

I think good communication up front can prevent a lot of issues.

Just my .02 FWIW

Peter

I just purchased a ZT0200 from Mark through his friends Paypal and it arrived on Wednesday. He kept up good communication throughout the whole transaction and it arrived in 3 days. His prices are excellent and everyone here who wants a NIB Zero Tolerance should snatch one up before they are gone.

I have done beaucoup transactions with Mark cash, checks and PPal to his buddies ppal addy. Mark is stand up and honest. He can be pretty direct at times which is OK by me. I always know where I stand when negotiating with him or questioning anything, or being questioned about something. We have spent much time on the phone together and I am glad to call him my friend.

bigmark408 sent my knife pronto and it is just as he said in his ad. I would have no hesitation in doing business again. Also if you google "paypal is a scam" or something simmilar you will find hundreds of people who are taken advatage of by paypal. They can close your acount, but still accept payments from your customer wich they then charge you for (taken directly from your bank acount), holding your money while they "sort it out". They have been "sorting it out" for many people for years and will not say where said money is or if/when it will be returned. As a buyer I use paypal, as a seller I will/would not.

BigJim,
Your sentiments regarding PayPal seem very consistent with negative feelings I have heard. As a buyer (which is the only way I have used it) it seems to be a great service. For Sellers they seem to have a LOT of issues causing problems for the Seller and I have seem a lot of "I no longer accept PayPal" messages from them.

Thanks,
Peter

I think both of these people are OK to deal with,but have a different way of seeing a situation.It's a shame that it has come to this level.I would have no problem whatsoever dealing with either one.I would hope at some point it will work out and we can get back to enjoying great knives and great friends.

I as well had nothing but great dealings with Mark this post is a little outta control. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PS Mark got any zt0500 you wanna sell me LOL

I dont do PP and never will, have ONLY GOOD to say about Mark (Even IF real late to the party). I stand behind him:thumbup:

BBG

FWIW i dont do payapl.

FWIW its the sellers choice of who he does biz with and in acceptable forms of payment.

if ya dont wanna do biz in the manner requested by the seller go elsewhere.

Maybe if I say it in big red letters ...

This is an old thread from December 2006.

Nobody ever looks at the dates.... :rolleyes:

On a side issue here, I'm a maker, not someone who buys and sells factory knives. What the heck is an "inducted hog" as pertains to Busse Knives?

Pardon my ignorance and thanks for the info.

Gene

Back