Biting the bullet. Please read.

Hello my friends,

You all have said it well. These are all great ideas.

Uncle Bill we are all one big family and one hand washes the other! You do what you know needs to be done and remember that just behind you we all stand.

I firmly support Yvsa's idea of a utilitarian/villager line of khukuris. Further, offering a few blades as blank-forgings (do it yourself handles) also appeals to me. Don't have much woodworking skill, but could really get into tying a braided rope handle onto a chiruwa style blade.

Am I the only one here ('sides Rusty) that would be interested in a smaller sized khukuri? It seems that most village models that HI has offered in the past are about 14"-15" and 1 lb. anyway. Perhaps a few Mallas or Chainpures in that size???

woodchuck4.jpg

Braided rope handle! ...Paxton you misguided feral polecat. By the time I'm through putting burled knots on your skull, you'll be an woodworking expert!

....and I suppose you could finish it by dipping it in a bucket of....never mind, family forum. BAH. YECH :barf:
I also think a utility-grade line has very good possibilities, and would be attractive to everyone. The wood (NOT ROPE) on my villager is some of the toughest, best grained (and least identifiable :( ) I've seen.
billpaxton - contact Samurai Dave. He may have some pink plastic handle material left over. Getting cold shivers. Need more coffee.

The pink handle material is still in the expermential stages. I havent been able to dye anything pink enough. I am trying different woods and methods, but no luck yet. ;)

I second Yvsa's idea because I liked the look of that famous "hammer-dingy" blade he finished a long time ago. Now as to "charity", Uncle, I've watched dozens of beautiful khuks go by because I don't have the extra money to buy one. What I *do* have is a tenner here or there that could go into a Paypal account just for relocation aid. Now, I'm all for your business attitude but there's a difference between pride and stubborn. Proud means you'll let us kick in because its needed and important. Stubborn means the Maoists might win. So how 'bout it? Are we all in this together or just a bunch of faceless customers?

Somebody had to be blunt...

Stephen

Samurai Dave wrote -

"The pink handle material is still in the expermential stages. I havent been able to dye anything pink enough. I am trying different woods and methods, but no luck yet."

Purpleheart. Lovely wood, and it *is* pink - but beware of the sawdust, it's toxic.

Back in the good old days here in the UK, a pal of mine had his hand-built custom target pistol restocked in purpleheart. From then on, it was always known as either the Pink Panther or the Barbie gun...

Originally posted by SamuraiDave
The pink handle material is still in the expermential stages. I havent been able to dye anything pink enough. I am trying different woods and methods, but no luck yet. ;)
Someone recently told me that the kids who are dying their hair bright red and pink use Red Jello Powder.

(yes, the jiggly stuff we eat. Strawberry, Cherry, ???)

Might be worth a try on wood.

regards

Bill,
Plain M43!! YES!! Or whatever, just dif. K's for "RESEARCH"! I never thought I would agree with Wal.BUT "PINK HANDLES"!! Yeah, I can see Paxton with them & it figures that Sam would HAVE THEM!!Lordy,pink handles on K's :barf:
jim

Tohatchi,
Don't tell me YOU like "pink"!:barf:yOU WANT THAT, GO FOR IT,YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME BIDDING! The very thought makes me cringe!Bill, I would love to see an M43, 20"SIR.,Katana or whatever plain, whatever it takes to help you,Yangdu & the guys!!
jim

Originally posted by jim_l_clifton
Tohatchi,
Don't tell me YOU like "pink"!:barf:yOU WANT THAT, GO FOR IT,YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME BIDDING!
jim

A WEAKNESS!!!! YESSS!!!!
:D

More seriously:
Uncle Bill: I imagine you will anyway, but let us know if the "PUK" (Pala's Ugly Knives, and I say that with affection :) ) series is going to happen, and if it will include all patterns or just certain ones. Want to place a pre-order.

PRE-ORDER!!!:D AT LAST!!SOMEONE HAS HAD A LITTLE RAY OF "UNDERSTANDING"COME THRU!!:D TO THINK IT COMES FROM SOMEONE WHO IS "SICK"!! PINK MY*** "NEVER MIND!! BILL, JUST PUT ME DOWN AS FIRST ON THE PRE-ORDER! HEE!:D
jim:cool:

Originally posted by jim_l_clifton
PRE-ORDER!!!:D AT LAST!!SOMEONE HAS HAD A LITTLE RAY OF "UNDERSTANDING"COME THRU!!:D TO THINK IT COMES FROM SOMEONE WHO IS "SICK"!! PINK MY*** "NEVER MIND!! BILL, JUST PUT ME DOWN AS FIRST ON THE PRE-ORDER! HEE!:D
jim:cool:

I'll let jim be the first, but I'm the 0th.
:D

And pink would probably match your RR*** quite nicely :barf:

Back