BK62 Photos Here

These last two 62s are going to be holiday presents for my father in law and my wife’s cousin.

Their scales were sanded down to 400 grit and then they received the BLO treatment. Their screws were upgraded with stainless. Their sheaths received my bees wax/mineral oil treatment and are now butter smooth and supple.
PRzxccc.jpg

WYfZwHe.jpg

I hope they will like them. :)

These last two 62s are going to be holiday presents for my father in law and my wife’s cousin.

Their scales were sanded down to 400 grit and then they received the BLO treatment. Their screws were upgraded with stainless. Their sheaths received my bees wax/mineral oil treatment and are now butter smooth and supple.
PRzxccc.jpg

WYfZwHe.jpg

I hope they will like them. :)
Do they use the same bolts as the bk16

Here’s my second keeper. I sanded the scales down to a smooth 600 grit and then floated them in pure tung oil for four days. That was just about two weeks ago. It’s still curing.

pamwTWW.jpg

6CXwZ74.jpg
What size bolts did you use and do I know were to get them

Do they use the same bolts as the bk16

What size bolts did you use and do I know were to get them

The Kephart uses 8-32 1/2" button head cap screws. They’re the same size as the BK16, but the 16 uses socket head cap screws.

I got them from that big online retail site who’s owner is the closest thing around to a potential real life James Bond villain. Lol

Last edited:
20181229gp-90003-jpg.646207

Took it to the woodshed and it sliced dry seasoned oak into nice little strips with relative ease.
Can't wait to actually have time to take it out into the woods.

I've got to put some time into finish sanding the scales a bit and then I'll condition them they are a tad rough and pretty dry. I got some brass hardware for it today too, but not sure if I'll install it yet or not. :)

20181229gp-90003-jpg.646207

Took it to the woodshed and it sliced dry seasoned oak into nice little strips with relative ease.
Can't wait to actually have time to take it out into the woods.

I've got to put some time into finish sanding the scales a bit and then I'll condition them they are a tad rough and pretty dry. I got some brass hardware for it today too, but not sure if I'll install it yet or not. :)
Awesome GP. Can't wait to get mine out as well. A few more weeks, then game on.

As many others are, my scales were just a bit dry and rough. I took them off this morning, finish sanded them and then hit them with oil and wax and replaced the screws with brass to see if I like it. The 1/2" brass heads stick out a bit more than the stock black so I sanded the heads a bit and also dremeled the bit of the bolt that stuck out beyond the nut. Looks a bit rough but I kind of like it. I'll hit the scales with more conditioner until they aren't dry any more and might force a patina on the blade, but otherwise I'm good. I couldn't find any liner stock anywhere the last few days during the holidays, but I may make a set of liners once I can get in town to the wood working stores. :)

brassbolts-jpg.647810
brassnuts-jpg.647811

Back