Black Friday purchases anyone?

Any impulse purchase this year?

• One – THAT one I wanted for months was finally discounted!

• Two – with the discont it's like 2 for 1!

• Three - Now I have a credit card issue but it was too good to pass!

• Four and more – It's 2020, who cares?!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nothing for me. I didn't see anything appealing this year.

4+, but I tend not to buy such expensive knives as some of you do.

I also tend to go though "knife phases", in which I buy many during one year, then stay away from the hobby for many years at a time. (during which time I use them and maintain them, but don't obsess over them)

I've probably bought 10 knives this year, and sold 5

Reactions: AF
I really haven't seen a great deal and money being tight.........I'm on hold with new purchases.
I would like to get a BM 945 Osborne.

I bought nothing. I'm convinced that actual black friday knife deals are a myth. The best I saw was 50% off bark rivers but it was off msrp so really only a 20-30$ discount. All the swag does not excite me. Same with the two for one price BS. I've got waaay better deals off the exchange than I've ever seen from a dealer.

I’ve looked and it seems the Black Friday knife deals are pretty weak this year. I’m seeing regular prices with free add-in’s that I don’t care about. None of the knives that were on my radar had any discounts.

Oh well, more money in my pocket.

Yet another memory from 2020: knife deals suck!

I didn't see any really exciting deals either. I saw a few discounts that weren't as good as the standard deal somewhere else. I saw a deal for a free air freshener with knife purchase. I like that idea almost as much as I like scented knife oil.

I'd been looking forward to Black Friday and was feeling a little disappointed. So I made a "what the heck" purchase on a reasonably discounted Kubey in AUS-10. There isn't a poll choice for that...

LT Wright Frontier First with Python micarta scales in 3v, should make for a dandy little necker or edc I would assume.

I saw a few knives that were legitimate mark downs, the rest were just advertised as "black Friday specials" and were priced no different than before Friday.
This was the only knife that made me break open the wallet, $58 shipped and no tax.

22738.jpg

Been wanting to see what all the fuss was about a scandi grind.
So I bought a LT Wright Genesis scandi, just to have it, certainly don’t need it.
Thinking about one of LT’s kydex sheaths for the same reason.
Anyone have any experience with one of those sheaths?

I picked up two, though none of them were explicit black friday deals. Just before the thanksgiving weekend I picked up the mini Loco at 115$ and then the Giantmouse Ace Grand came back in stock (though at full price) and I had to pull the trigger on that as well.

None, most of the Black Friday deals I saw this year were on cheap or unpopular knives that the dealers couldn't move otherwise. Didn't really see anything worth getting my wallet out.

Years back my Uncle Ed owned a Rexall drug store. He was known to be a penny pincher. The little cousins called him Uncle Squeeze. He would give cheap merchandise as Christmas presents. One Aunt said to him "What didn't sell this year, Ed?".

Back