Black Friday purchases anyone?

Any impulse purchase this year?

• One – THAT one I wanted for months was finally discounted!

• Two – with the discont it's like 2 for 1!

• Three - Now I have a credit card issue but it was too good to pass!

• Four and more – It's 2020, who cares?!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got 3 fairly large "SIC" stones for $2 each. That folks, was a deal. I realize that they are not knives per se.

I've never been so non-nonchalant about Black Friday before. There's a popular dealer right now with a "Spyderco Holiday Sales Event" - on 4 models. A Spyderco Byrd knife went down from $52 to $24, $1 more than I saw at a W___mart store. Their Benchmade Holiday Sales event... 14 models.

I picked up a Spyderco Ikuchi (normal $140 market price) from a sponsor dealer, and the gifts are... kind of insulting. I never understood the "free" gifts that are just freebie advertising. Buy a Spyderco and get a FREE Benchmade lanyard? Buy a WE and get a FREE Kershaw T-shirt? To sponsor dealers, if I spend over $100 on any product and you want to give a decent gift, give us something we will use for said product. I'd love a spare T6-T10 bit, a cheapie screwdriver, lubricant, thread-locker or microfiber pouch. Nobody is going out wearing a Gerber hat, Kershaw tee, Emerson tote bag and SOG face tattoo.

Hope you guys get something you love. Stay safe, ya'll.

Edit: Took out retailer name.

Sales must've been great for knife dealers during the pandemic, so they don't care about Black Friday. And no - I did not buy anything either.

Not excited about any of the BF Deals. 2020 must have been a good year for the Mfg's/Dist's since, IMO, there wasn't much of interest this year.

Well, except for the M4 Blur that I snapped up for $75.

Last edited:
Back