1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Black Friday purchases anyone?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by FullMetalJackass, Nov 27, 2020.

Any impulse purchase this year?

1. One – THAT one I wanted for months was finally discounted!

2. Two – with the discont it's like 2 for 1!

3. Three - Now I have a credit card issue but it was too good to pass!

4. Four and more – It's 2020, who cares?!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SS234

SS234

Jul 18, 2020
    I got 3 fairly large "SIC" stones for $2 each. That folks, was a deal. I realize that they are not knives per se.

Quapukulu likes this.
  2. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Went in for the waved PM2 exclusive.

tgtodd likes this.
  3. Quapukulu

Quapukulu

Feb 13, 2014
    I've never been so non-nonchalant about Black Friday before. There's a popular dealer right now with a "Spyderco Holiday Sales Event" - on 4 models. A Spyderco Byrd knife went down from $52 to $24, $1 more than I saw at a W___mart store. Their Benchmade Holiday Sales event... 14 models.

I picked up a Spyderco Ikuchi (normal $140 market price) from a sponsor dealer, and the gifts are... kind of insulting. I never understood the "free" gifts that are just freebie advertising. Buy a Spyderco and get a FREE Benchmade lanyard? Buy a WE and get a FREE Kershaw T-shirt? To sponsor dealers, if I spend over $100 on any product and you want to give a decent gift, give us something we will use for said product. I'd love a spare T6-T10 bit, a cheapie screwdriver, lubricant, thread-locker or microfiber pouch. Nobody is going out wearing a Gerber hat, Kershaw tee, Emerson tote bag and SOG face tattoo.

Hope you guys get something you love. Stay safe, ya'll.

Edit: Took out retailer name.

4. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Sales must've been great for knife dealers during the pandemic, so they don't care about Black Friday. And no - I did not buy anything either.

5. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Not excited about any of the BF Deals. 2020 must have been a good year for the Mfg's/Dist's since, IMO, there wasn't much of interest this year.

Well, except for the M4 Blur that I snapped up for $75.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  6. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo

Mar 1, 2018
    A new flap sheath for my Buck 119 and a new Buck 120 Cocobolo.