• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Blade HQ Shipping times

Well the last time a guy was beaking off about an order and when the dealer explained why it was held up he did run.

Does that answer your question?

I guess so. All that I really know is that I wouldn't be beaking off and slandering a company unless I was very confident that I could win the case if they chose to sue me. But that's just me.

I guess so. All that I really know is that I wouldn't be beaking off and slandering a company unless I was very confident that I could win the case if they chose to sue me. But that's just me.
I think you'll be safe complaining as much as you want on here and even if the complaints are disprove the won't sue you.

If you start up a bunch of websites that affect the reputation by defamation then you could be in trouble.

I think you'll be safe complaining as much as you want on here and even if the complaints are disprove the won't sue you.

If you start up a bunch of websites that affect the reputation by defamation then you could be in trouble.

You're probably correct. I wouldn't complain publicly about something or someone unless it was something that I thought was pretty important.

BHQ's fraud protection is for protecting BHQ from charge-backs, and likely has little or nothing to do with the protection of customers. I had all my orders held up by fraud protection, despite the charges going through successfully to my Visa, which itself has two layers of fraud prevention (Visa's and my bank's). Perhaps the OP, like me, doesn't check email daily, or even if he does, perhaps the "please call us" email was sitting somewhat hidden in one of the Gmail categories that doesn't get inbox visibility (e.g. Updates).

In any case, BHQ's fraud protection SOP shouldn't just be an email, it should involve a telephone call.

I've taken my business elsewhere and have recently spent a couple grand at Knives Ship Free, happily knowing that any order placed before 2PM eastern will ship out that very day.

BHQ's fraud protection is for protecting BHQ from charge-backs, and likely has little or nothing to do with the protection of customers.

This is important. Generally, credit card fraud falls on the Merchant (BladeHQ) or the Issuer of the card (Citi, Chase, etc). The nuance is related to the controls the merchant has in place (or not) and the response to the charge (approved, pended, declined). The customer is not liable for fraud. What’s being described by BladeHQ is a way to protect themselves from chargeback - not the customer. If a merchant is getting an unacceptable amount of chargebacks related to fraud they need to look at their own controls and how they process payments.

Regarding slow shipping. The devil is in the details. I find it disappointing when the handling time turns into 3-5 days and “shipped” actually means the label is printed - not that the package has been received by the carrier. Combined with the shipping method used, this can be the difference between receiving a product 2-3 days after order and 10 days after order.

I've got some positive feedback. I placed an order with BladeHQ late Friday afternoon (4/23) and my knife is moving through the postal system as I type this. Not just a label created. It's physically in transit.

Placed order on Apr 28th.. Received order on May 1st.. I will continue to support BHQ as I have in the past.. They have been nothing but great in my books.. THANK YOU BHQ!!!
John

Back