Blade Show 2016 Has Begun

Great scores I really like the Infi swamp rat and the competition finish on the the ash. I made it home with one knife to add to my little collection. Someone was kind enough to share an extra card they caught. I need to work on my strategy for next year in the trough. Everyone seemed to have fun even during the battles taken to the ground to get the cards. Several folks stopped to ask me what was going on. I guess I look too approachable. Need to work on my war face. For the moment my new addition is heading out on a trail today before the storm hits. Next year I've got a custom elmax lil smokey on my mind.

Props to David Brown (in one of the pictures above) at Buy Brown. Very nice,very easy to work with, and I'm really happy with quality. I'll have a few more on the way soon.

Nice scores. Pretty much a bust for me.
Even paid a guy $50 for his CF-ASH-2 tag but he gave me a BGSFNO tag lol

Last edited:
Nice scores. Pretty much a bust for me.
Even paid a guy $50 for his ASH-2 tag but he gave me a BGSFNO tag lol

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Oh no, that sucks! I hope you tracked him down and had a word.

Could've been a mistake,, some people had lots of cards and maybe didn't mark down the right blade. If that's not the case that's not treachery, that's thievery

Actually the person has already PMd me about it and offered to send my $50 to me. I figured there was a big chance it was just a mistake, and it was (the tags don't have the model name on them, only a reference number)
Right after it happened I looked around but the place is kinda big (and with my terrible memory I had already forgotten what the guy looked like lol), but I left shortly after that--he said when he got back he tried to find me but I had already left by then.
Does suck that I missed out on it, but at least I can get my $50 back ----which even if I couldn't, its not the end of the world, and I have wasted way more than $50 in my lifetime.

That's good news, I'm very glad that it was just an honest mistake.

Actually the person has already PMd me about it and offered to send my $50 to me. I figured there was a big chance it was just a mistake, and it was (the tags don't have the model name on them, only a reference number)
Right after it happened I looked around but the place is kinda big (and with my terrible memory I had already forgotten what the guy looked like lol), but I left shortly after that--he said when he got back he tried to find me but I had already left by then.
Does suck that I missed out on it, but at least I can get my $50 back ----which even if I couldn't, its not the end of the world, and I have wasted way more than $50 in my lifetime.

I am the person in question on this. Can't tell you how bad I feel that those cards got mixed up. Normally I would have not taken anything to give up a card but it was the only one I was able the get besides that SFNO and one for a Swamp Rat my son caught. It really bothered me so I am very glad I saw him post about it so I can make it right.

I am the person in question on this. Can't tell you how bad I feel that those cards got mixed up. Normally I would have not taken anything to give up a card but it was the only one I was able the get besides that SFNO and one for a Swamp Rat my son caught. It really bothered me so I am very glad I saw him post about it so I can make it right.

Very nice of you to post about here, but I can pretty much assure you that nobody here questions your integrity. You are certainly a stand up guy based on my dealings with you. Honest mistakes happen. I think that some of us just assumed it was a random person in the crowd with questionable intentions, but that is obviously not the case. Hogs are good people!

Yea as soon as I saw the PM was from u812, I knew it was an honest mistake. I wasn't even going to mention who it was.
I didn't go home empty handed or anything, I did get a vex and a smokey- but the trough was nuts this year, those 2 were the only cards I caught

Thanks Guys. I wish one of us had ended up with that ASH2. I ended up without single card but did end up snagging a leftover this morning. Lowest Busse count I have come home with in years. The trough was rough this year but at least there is the operation 2 weeks to feed on.

I was there in 2010 and don't remember it being that crazy at all. I literally walked up to the table and asked for a B11 in the color combo I wanted and they handed it right over. My wife really wants to go next year so hopefully we can make it.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Back