Blade Show 2017 Roll Call

Just 2 months away!!

Cant wait to see everyone again this year!!

I don't want to speak too soon, but it looks like my dad and I are going Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Edit: My brother just texted me, and it looks like he'll be joining us on Sunday!

If I can go it might only be for a day or 2. Can anyone confirm if it's better to go day 1-2 or day 2-3? I'm assuming better picks the first days but didn't know if there are better prices the last day.

There was most defiantly great prices Saturday just before close and Sunday morning last year. Jantz Supply ran a great sale Sunday morning last year. So if you are looking for the most popular in demand knives day 1 is best but IMO for great deals day 2 and 3 are best. Seems to me most of the Busse Combat stuff is spread out on day 1 and 2. They do it so as all the goodies are not gone first day.

If I can go it might only be for a day or 2. Can anyone confirm if it's better to go day 1-2 or day 2-3? I'm assuming better picks the first days but didn't know if there are better prices the last day.

I would recommend day 1 and 2. Most of the in-demand customs are gone within the first few minutes on Friday (for the makers that have any FCFS knives available that is). Many of the custom lotteries only happen on Friday and Saturday. Sunday is much quieter than Friday and Saturday, but if you are looking for things that are a bit more commodity then Sunday is definitely the best time for some sales. Customs aside, the Busse booth is jamming on Friday and Saturday with all of the offerings, but Sunday morning is the opportunity to snag anything that was not paid for before the deadline, which is Saturday night (anything that was put aside but not paid for is put out on the Busse table first thing Sunday morning).

Is the early bird ticket worthing getting if I'm trying to get in on that busse action? I've heard the trough opens at 12 and that it was best if possible to have a vip pass from a booth owner so you could be waiting already.

Is the early bird ticket worthing getting if I'm trying to get in on that busse action? I've heard the trough opens at 12 and that it was best if possible to have a vip pass from a booth owner so you could be waiting already.

Absolutely get early bird if you want to experience the Busse table initial offering, which is where the CS offerings are. I'm not exactly what you mean about a VIP pass from a booth owner though, what the VIP pass gets you is the 3 day pass plus early bird for $20 total as opposed to $65. You still need to buy a pass regardless and get in line early if you want a good spot at the trough.

Absolutely get early bird if you want to experience the Busse table initial offering, which is where the CS offerings are. I'm not exactly what you mean about a VIP pass from a booth owner though, what the VIP pass gets you is the 3 day pass plus early bird for $20 total as opposed to $65. You still need to buy a pass regardless and get in line early if you want a good spot at the trough.

Okay, cool. How do you get these vip passes? Also does the trough open at 12 or is there a little bit of delay to give people a fair chance?

Busse has offered the VIP passes here on the forum in years past. Most years they come around about the first week in May. I already have a Thank You gift ready to send Amy.

BTW I do not remember what the offering times are for Friday as I normally go on Saturday and Sunday. IIRC the offering times on Saturday are at 10 12 2 and 4

Okay, cool. How do you get these vip passes? Also does the trough open at 12 or is there a little bit of delay to give people a fair chance?

Busse will likely offer some VIP passes soon, at least they have in years passed. I actually have a table at Blade this year so I may have a few extra VIP passes as well, but I'm not sure yet. In regards to the Busse trough, it's roped off for the first few minutes to allow time for more people to arrive at the booth, but I don't think that it's roped off for long enough for the people near the end of the line to get there in time. The line forms early and gets to be massive in size hours before the doors open at 12 on Friday. I know that some people on another's makers FB page plan to start lining up before midnight on Thursday (12+ hours standing in line). That seems a bit extreme to me, but people do it. In years past I have gotten line at about 6am; at that time in 2015 I was about 20 people back, and in 2016 I was about 50 people back.

Busse will likely offer some VIP passes soon, at least they have in years passed. I actually have a table at Blade this year so I may have a few extra VIP passes as well, but I'm not sure yet. In regards to the Busse trough, it's roped off for the first few minutes to allow time for more people to arrive at the booth, but I don't think that it's roped off for long enough for the people near the end of the line to get there in time. The line forms early and gets to be massive in size hours before the doors open at 12 on Friday. I know that some people on another's makers FB page plan to start lining up before midnight on Thursday (12+ hours standing in line). That seems a bit extreme to me, but people do it. In years past I have gotten line at about 6am; at that time in 2015 I was about 20 people back, and in 2016 I was about 50 people back.

Thank you for your helpfullness. :thumbup::D

I'll be there. I've been to every one since the beginning except for 2015 when I had to away on a mission of mercy.

I'm a local yokel, so if there's anything I can do to help exhibitors, press or anyone else, drop me a PM.

From such humble beginnings to what we have now has been an amazing journey. I have brought many people to the shows over the years. None have been disappointed and many have become knife collectors and, at the least, more knowledgeable knife users.

Now I just have to see if I can rustle up a VIP pass or two and introduce another newbie or two to the steel addiction.

Its been warm every time we were there. Usually nice walking weather.

Sorry to say the Nords ain't making it this year, but we'll be boarding the wessel next year..

Sorry to say the Nords ain't making it this year, but we'll be boarding the wessel next year..

That's a bummer, I really missed you guys last year! Looking forward to seeing you all next year though.

Woohoo, VIP passes are in! With any luck Busse will be giving out a lot of these soon as well.

Last edited:
This is suppose to be the largest Blade Show in years yet outside this forum I am not seeing hardly any talk of it. Hope its just a little to soon but its only 6 weeks out.

Back