Blade show 2020

I just saw a notice that Disneyland and Disney World will remain closed indefinitely...a very responsible decision...

As an exhibitor, if I loose my $2400, it will be the last time I participate. Previous poster was correct... they are being highly irresponsible. That $ will go a long way to keep my 2 guys working.

As they cancel, I am certain there will be two options:

A. Refund
B. Credit

The delay right now I am CERTAIN is if they are capable to handle Plan A.

I agree. Looking at peak infection projections, and as much as I love the weekend with my fellow men that I trust and need time with, it would be prudent to cancel it. I’d hope that large functions like that have insurance to make the vendors whole.

That is one of the big problems that the show insurance doesn't cover pandemics and won't pay a dime unless ordered to do so by say the government (similar situation after 9-11 with them not covering acts of terror). I am also pretty sure the Cobb won't be offering them a refund on the space so they probably have to make the decision between hoping the show goes on or taking on (my guess) is a 500k-1million+ dollar hit they may not be able to recover from.

So, it just comes down to Blade’s bottom line?...screw everyone else so they can survive?...

The above is not a statement, it’s two questions...

People seem to forget that BLADE in Atlanta is not the only BLADE show. BLADE WEST happens in the fall and will likely garner more attendance if BLADE is cancelled.

A fiscally and morally responsible COA would be to offer a full refund (or at the least a substantial refund due to incurred cost of the venue) and/or offer full credit for a booth/table at BLADE WEST.

People seem to forget that BLADE in Atlanta is not the only BLADE show. BLADE WEST happens in the fall and will likely garner more attendance if BLADE is cancelled.

A fiscally and morally responsible COA would be to offer a full refund (or at the least a substantial refund due to incurred cost of the venue) and/or offer full credit for a booth/table at BLADE WEST.

I highly doubt Blade West will be happening either. Also, the venue could not handle a full sized blade show if they were to pivot to it. last 2 years of blade west there have been 2-5 other conventions going on at the facility the same weekend so i don't think they could scale it up this short of notice as majority of facility is likely already booked with Blade only having one section secured.

It's a very sad and unfortunate situation any way you look at it. MANY small and privately owned businesses will not survive the Corona Virus just as many individuals haven't and won't.
This is uncharted water. As Coop, I'm sure Blade will do the right thing. With Blade being such a long-time customer, my hope is that Cobb works with them on a solution that allows all parties to remain somewhat whole.

Just saw this...

“Democratic Party leaders across the country are calling on party bosses to curtail, postpone or dramatically rethink the party's national convention scheduled for July in Milwaukee, concerned that holding a mass gathering just as levels of infection are expected to ebb could expose thousands to the coronavirus once again.”

I think the occurrence of any large event up til a vaccine has been made available is in question. The virulence is pretty hardcore and there's no changing that, nor its mortality and injury rate, so until it can be killed, I think we're going to have to keep our heads down. From what I've gathered, that's 1 to 1.5 years

I’m betting the delay in a decision is due to contractual concerns. If Blade cancels, they’ll probably still owe the host location. The folks at Blade are probably waiting for the host location or government to cancel all events so they can at least not lose everything such as deposits and such.

Just a heads up to anyone with rooms booked through eventsphere for the Bladeshow, they will charge the first 2 nights (nonrefundable) sometime in early May. It is up to you to make sure these get cancelled as the Blade Show has no intentions to cancel the show until they are shut down by govt. They will be lucky if the Cobb Galleria is anything but a field hospital come the 1st of June

I’m betting the delay in a decision is due to contractual concerns. If Blade cancels, they’ll probably still owe the host location. The folks at Blade are probably waiting for the host location or government to cancel all events so they can at least not lose everything such as deposits and such.

I hadn’t thought of that but it certainly makes sense...so it’s just a waiting game with the vendors caught in the middle...

I just received an email from Jerry Fisk’s wife Bob and she said that the Blade Show had “apparently” been cancelled...anyone else hear this?...

their website has changed, before it said on the home page "bladeshow is ______(forget exact word) "as scheduled". Now it just says "Blade show will take place"

The change from "As scheduled" to "Will take place" is pretty telling. They KNOW it's not happening as scheduled, are now removing that wording, and yet still no info to all the people whose money they have.... I get that they likely panicking and trying to figure this out, but they are really doin a poor job in regards to the table holders, collectors, and general public that would be attending.

I hate to say it, but there's not going to be a Bladeshow 2020. At least not during their usual first week of June.

Back