BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

Nice. Knifeworks has a CF scale pm2 in m4 dropping soon but it's defiantly more expensive.
http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercom4para2militarywithcarbonfiberc81cfm4p2.aspx

Looks like Blade HQ has outdone Knife works. Have a feeling those CF M4's will sit like their yojimbos.

Yeah, I was excited to hear about KnifeWorks' model, but $240 for a Para 2 is pushing it for me, even with the materials considered. I'm sure other people's value scales are different than mine, but for me that's just too much. Might be tempted with BHQ's, though. Especially if that G10 can be dyed in interesting ways.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how does M4 compare to S30V. I have the standard PM2 so I know how I like S30V.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how does M4 compare to S30V. I have the standard PM2 so I know how I like S30V.

In my experience, M4 has better edge retention and toughness. That being said, it's marginally harder to sharpen (although burr management is a breeze) and it's not stainless (although it isn't a rust monster like true carbon steels).

So the main of M4 is only if you are using your knife for very tough tasks like cutting lots of cardboard or hacking at things etc?

In my experience, M4 has better edge retention and toughness. That being said, it's marginally harder to sharpen (although burr management is a breeze) and it's not stainless (although it isn't a rust monster like true carbon steels).
In my experience with the GB, M4 at low angles is a dream to use.

I wonder when each version will be available.

Depending on timing, I wonder if the CF prices will become lower.

BHQ stealing KW's thunder.

This might put a big ding in KW's CF Para2 sales, especially at this price point. KW's still has the CF Yojimbos in stock.

BHQ stealing KW's thunder.

This might put a big ding in KW's CF Para2 sales, especially at this price point. KW's still has the CF Yojimbos in stock.
I see the KW sprints flying off the shelves mainly because it's a Para 2 which I'd say is def more collectible than the Yojimbo. I'd assume a fair amount, if not the majority, of Para 2 sprints never get used. Some people are crazy about carbon fiber scales so to some that'll be enough to justify the cost. I personally am not a fan of them so even if it was going to be $180 I'd probably still be out. It's also difficult for me to pay north of $150 for a Spydie because they offer such amazing value below that price, I always find it hard to justify going beyond that limit. Very grateful for the options they give us though.

So the main of M4 is only if you are using your knife for very tough tasks like cutting lots of cardboard or hacking at things etc?

Depends... for cardboard cutting specifically I would use a toothy edge, which is one of S30V's strengths. I'd probably still go with M4 but S30V is no slouch in that area. I prefer a polished edge on M4, which I would use for woodworking and the like.

This thread might interest you:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/714931-Gayle-Bradley-Hard-Use

In my experience with the GB, M4 at low angles is a dream to use.

Agreed, I love the GB's bladeshape, it's too bad Spyderco doesn't use it more often. Really excited for the GB 2.

I'm in line for this one too. I want to try some M4. I also threw a GB in the cart while I was at it. :D

It will be funny to see who actually manages to get one.
Gonna be a feeding frenzy for sure. Best of luck fellas.

i love the knife,but hate the scales they put on it! the CPM M4 steel is what gives it the '' wow factor'',i have seen para 2's for better price than this!and don't think its amazing at all.

I'm in. I wasn't really planning on buying any knives this year, but an M4 PM2 with Jade Green handles is just too good to pass up . . . even if it is a little larger than I normally like to carry.

I'm hoping and guessing this will also be a run of 1,200 pieces. Anyone know how many will be produced?

Great price great steel this is one I really want but looks like it's going to be a tough one to lay hands on unless they do a fairly large run. I didn't see anything in the email about numbers. Exciting news anyway hope everyone who's posted here gets one.

Back