BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

In. Looks like the same green as the leafstorm and it's an excellent neutral colour.

So when the knives leave Spyderco and ship to the dealers, there's no tracking information provided, no information of any kind about when the knives are expected to arrive?
The dealers just sit there in the dark until they happen to check their mail one day and, "oh look!, knives.".?

This being a BHQ exclusive, I'd have guessed that they'd have some information about when they expect these to arrive in Utah.
Spyderco doesn't shoot a quick email to whatever dealer has contracted the exclusive run to say "hey, we're starting on your knives" or anything like that? I wouldn't have imagined that.
Everything BHQ knows about this exclusive is on their website ad.

Spyderco can't tell them a date for a knife that's possibly months away.

I've been thinking about this one a lot lately. Not an unhealthy amount, but a lot :D

I guess I've been thinking about it a bit.

A bit, as in Sketchen is making matching jade G10 scales for one of my Cruwear Millie's and my S90V Yojimbo.

People keep saying "oh BHQ doesn't know the date" blah blah
But at least when they have a package on the way from spyderco they'd know right?
Or how about this.. They receive a package today, just shoot an email to the mailing list and wait 24hrs before posting them as in stock so everyone gets a heads up
Is that really inconvenient or difficult to do?
No, at least I don't think so
But do they evem care to give ppl a heads up? No why would they lol.. The knives will sell instantly anyway and that's what they care about

I would prefer one of these to the CF version. Better price point for me, and I like G10 on the Para2, goes with the overall rugged aesthetic. Cool color.

People keep saying "oh BHQ doesn't know the date" blah blah
But at least when they have a package on the way from spyderco they'd know right?
Or how about this.. They receive a package today, just shoot an email to the mailing list and wait 24hrs before posting them as in stock so everyone gets a heads up
Is that really inconvenient or difficult to do?
No, at least I don't think so
But do they evem care to give ppl a heads up? No why would they lol.. The knives will sell instantly anyway and that's what they care about

First off, we care quite a bit! Secondly, we do not have a date yet. When we DO know the date, we will be sure to let everyone know the exact time they will be available for sale, so everyone has an equal chance at getting one. We have a vested interest in the knife community as a whole, as well as the BladeForums community.

Edit: Damn, right as I posted my comment a BladeHQ rep posts that they do in fact care. We'll see BladeHQ, we'll see.

Definitely want one, but after the number of times email notifications have failed with dealer exclusives/sprints I won't count on actually getting one. These online retailers really need to come up with a better system for handling the sale of limited release knives; granted, they probably couldn't care less since the knives sell fast and they get their profit.

First off, we care quite a bit! Secondly, we do not have a date yet. When we DO know the date, we will be sure to let everyone know the exact time they will be available for sale, so everyone has an equal chance at getting one. We have a vested interest in the knife community as a whole, as well as the BladeForums community.

Well I'll be damned!
Exact time? Now THAT would be awesome!

I say since we are on the Spyderco sub forum we follow Sal's shiny footprints lead and not have negativity going back and forth about how these get distributed. Be thankful we have the problem of maybe missing out on a $150 knife that none of its really needs.

Edit: Damn, right as I posted my comment a BladeHQ rep posts that they do in fact care. We'll see BladeHQ, we'll see.

Definitely want one, but after the number of times email notifications have failed with dealer exclusives/sprints I won't count on actually getting one. These online retailers really need to come up with a better system for handling the sale of limited release knives; granted, they probably couldn't care less since the knives sell fast and they get their profit.

How about this: We'll give you at least a 3 day advanced notice on when exactly they will be for sale. We will not only email all the people that signed up on the notification list, but post here on the forums.

I say since we are on the Spyderco sub forum we follow Sal's shiny footprints lead and not have negativity going back and forth about how these get distributed. Be thankful we have the problem of maybe missing out on a $150 knife that none of its really needs.

Well said.

How about this: We'll give you at least a 3 day advanced notice on when exactly they will be for sale. We will not only email all the people that signed up on the notification list, but post here on the forums.

There you go!
1Z02vuppxP1Pa.gif

Thanks guys, and thanks for the great exclusive. Can you tell us how many pieces are in this run?

I sincerely appreciate that. I wasn't specifically talking about BladeHQ. I've only had positive experiences when I've purchased knives from you guys in the past, it's just a pain when you have to keep a constant watch on the New Arrivals (although, I seem to be conditioned to do that anyway).

Thank you for the response BladeHQ!

How about this: We'll give you at least a 3 day advanced notice on when exactly they will be for sale.

I ain't mad 'atcha.
That's all I was asking for. Notifying people when the knife is "Available" is nice and all, but there might only be a 5-10min window in which it can actually be purchased, so unless I happen to see that email and get right on it, I lose.

Whereas if you give advance notice of when the knife will be available, I have more time to plan accordingly and lube up my F5 button.

Was that necessary? Please explain your problem with what BHQ has said they'll do.

Last edited:
Back