Blades & Beef

Processed a 20lb "prime" rib roast today.
GEC did a great job on the silver skin.
And it'll do even better when I fire up the grill later.:)
qqnh360.jpg

NsCFQgp.jpg

Another prime brisket off of my PitBoss. Injected with Stubbs beef marinade and covered with zebra seasoning. Smoked at 175* for 4 hours then turned up to 250* for another 8 hours. Once I separated the point I gave it a heavy dusting of Meat Church Holy Gospel. The flat was wrapped with butchers paper while the point was unwrapped but set onto a pan for the remainder of the cook.

F0500758-371D-4F2D-9BDA-FEE70AC753E0.jpeg
Dynamite burnt ends !
757F5DB7-E8DF-442D-AFE7-3292F84B0193.jpeg

Please forgive me for not posting Beef but this is my first pork belly and I’m pretty pumped up about it !

The bottom was seasoned with Meat Church Honey Hog and the top was salted then set at room temp for 30 minutes then salted again prior to putting on. PitBoss for 4 hours at 250* then into the oven under the broiler for 30 seconds to blister the skin to perfection.

D411A4D5-1084-4B87-A5D5-0F149935A09C.jpeg
47DAEA22-C1BA-4BD3-B68E-E418A160B394.jpeg
FDAA1AC0-4FEA-4D85-896A-4152F80469BB.jpeg

Not to be too terribly cliche but I did have my PitBoss running most of the day and I’m drinking Red, White, and Blue Budweisers.
First pulling of this season’s sweet corn and man it’s incredible !
Brisket and Plate Ribs from a cow we had butchered in the spring, we had to use a different butcher from our normal go to because he was booked solid for six months plus at the time. They trimmed the brisket way to hard and cut off most of the point for some unknown reason(sorry no burnt ends this time) and they cut the ribs in half instead of full length as requested.
Oh well you live and you learn.
0DE352D3-0C6F-4721-80F9-61980A13A688.jpeg
21607763-B89B-47D7-B348-6BBFC4953635.jpeg
5613CAE5-FD4E-4C4D-AA8B-10B0FF07B7E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Blades and beef. The wife and daughter taking attendance after one of our gathers to see which cows are missing:

G0P3U92.jpg

qKSGaWg.jpg

I got a couple of missing numbers spotted:

x52sg2K.jpg

No, that one needs to go over there!

vuV4jKP.jpg

Get along little doggie, get along:

s2urMcM.jpg

Some of the crew ready to help worm the cattle, they got blades:

MXvS65j.jpg

The wife is running the vitamin/mineral shots. She's got a blade:

4ufNSob.jpg

rV7eYrm.jpg

Then, kerplop, right in the pen. Ole #7 has a calf right then and there. Walked by carrying an ice chest, no calf. Set the ice chest down turned around and walked by and there's the calf. She plopped him out in about 30 seconds!

XNrB72J.jpg

We clean the other cattle out of that pen so they're not stepping on the new calf:

vJGCwq3.jpg

When he's able to get up we kick em on out. They don't need to be by all the hustle and bustle of blades and beef.

oncR334.jpg

n58IQ3R.jpg

Blades and Beef:

aaIVBip.jpg

jv49lY0.jpg

Last edited:
Knives and beef. The wife and daughter taking attendance after one of our gathers to see which cows are misising:

G0P3U92.jpg

qKSGaWg.jpg

I got a couple of missing numbers spotted:

x52sg2K.jpg

No, that one needs to go over there!

vuV4jKP.jpg

Get along little doggie, get along:

s2urMcM.jpg

Some of the crew ready to help worm the cattle, they got knives:

MXvS65j.jpg

The wife is running the vitamin/mineral shots. She's got a knife:

4ufNSob.jpg

rV7eYrm.jpg

Then, kerplop, right in the pen. Ole #7 has a calf right then and there. Walked by carrying an ice chest, no calf. Set the ice chest down turned around and walked by and there's the calf. She plopped him out in about 30 seconds!

XNrB72J.jpg

We clean the other cattle out of that pen so they're not stepping on the new calf:

vJGCwq3.jpg

When he's able to get up we kick em on out. They don't need to be by all the hustle and bustle of knives and beef.

oncR334.jpg

n58IQ3R.jpg

Knives and Beef:

aaIVBip.jpg

jv49lY0.jpg

Different stage of

Blades & Beef​

Very different ...

Back