Blades & Bourbon

Happy World Whisky Day !

mUO7Lm.jpg

I scored this bottle last year...I quit drinking almost 30 years ago so I’m keeping it around just for special friends...you’ll notice that it’s still unopened!...

Accompanying this special bottle are some special knives...a rack of Alan Davis Folders, a Tobin Hill Trapper and a Ricardo Vilar Dog Star Fixed Blade...

upload_2019-5-26_11-2-20.jpeg

Last edited:
One of my favorites! If you can still find the Black Maple Hill please let me know :). They stopped distributing near me.
Not bad, I like it but the stuff in the normal bottle is better I think. I'm not familiar with the BMH, sorry, they are so many good bourbons and ray around that I can't keep track on all of them :)
This one was a gift from a friend of mine, but I came across a bottle yesterday in my local Liquor Locker, I want to say $59-$60 or something... I believe also Total Wine carry those. Message me if you want me to pick one up and ship it to you, I don't know if it's worth it but I don't mind doing it. I'm in FL... :D

This is quite good. I lean towards Eagle Rare and Sazerac Rye as my go to whiskeys, especially for the money. This one at ~$50 is very good. No idea why I chose a Polish knife for the pairing...
8c8l.jpg
I am huge fan of the 12yo Hibiki that they don't sell anymore and when I found out that Suntori's chief blender is working with Fred Noe on this, I had to have it and for the money it is very good. Also the peolpe in the store told me that after the initial release they will probably jump the price with few bucks so I bought two more bottles ha ha ha. I actually had few glasses last night ha ha ha... It reminds me a top shelf Knob Creek product with some mellow Japanese twist. Love it. Cheers !

Cheers everyone, I'm finishing some leftovers... :D

Plnozk.jpg

This Voyage 17 isn't bad at all... :thumbsup: I had the regular stuff and I like it, never had the expensive one that was matured on the ship, I know there are some "voyages" that are more sought than others, don't know where #17 is in the chart but it's just fine :)

RpRxY4.jpg

Back