1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Blades & Bourbon

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by bocephus549, Jun 6, 2015.

1. POCEH KOCEB

POCEH KOCEB Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Happy World Whisky Day !

[​IMG]

2. Khanvoy44

Khanvoy44 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Any excuse to raise a glass!!! Horaaa!!!! 20190518_193751_compress59.jpg

Lateck, BJE, POCEH KOCEB and 2 others like this.
  3. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
  4. POCEH KOCEB

Nov 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

ScooterG, Llasi and Khanvoy44 like this.
  5. Bmgillum

Bmgillum Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I scored this bottle last year...I quit drinking almost 30 years ago so I’m keeping it around just for special friends...you’ll notice that it’s still unopened!...

Accompanying this special bottle are some special knives...a rack of Alan Davis Folders, a Tobin Hill Trapper and a Ricardo Vilar Dog Star Fixed Blade...

upload_2019-5-26_11-2-20.jpeg

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    jmac603, ScooterG, Llasi and 2 others like this.
  6. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
  7. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

Henry Beige, POCEH KOCEB, BJE and 4 others like this.
  8. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

9. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

10. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
  11. jmac603

jmac603

Feb 22, 2016
    That McKenna 10 bib is tasty. Sebenza is nice as well.

POCEH KOCEB likes this.
  12. POCEH KOCEB

Nov 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

13. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    Funny... I bought it a day or two before the San Francisco Best Whiskey announcement and haven't been able to find it since

14. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    One of my favorites! If you can still find the Black Maple Hill please let me know :). They stopped distributing near me.

POCEH KOCEB likes this.
  15. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    One of the makers at blade had a bottle of that on his table. Cool Russian (maybe) dude. Nice knives too. He shared a shot with me. Very good stuff. Wish I had money left to buy one of his knives at that point lol.

POCEH KOCEB likes this.
  16. DanH45

DanH45

Feb 12, 2015
    Can we be friends?

POCEH KOCEB likes this.
  17. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    This is quite good. I lean towards Eagle Rare and Sazerac Rye as my go to whiskeys, especially for the money. This one at ~$50 is very good. No idea why I chose a Polish knife for the pairing...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. POCEH KOCEB

Nov 21, 2013
    Not bad, I like it but the stuff in the normal bottle is better I think. I'm not familiar with the BMH, sorry, they are so many good bourbons and ray around that I can't keep track on all of them :)
    This one was a gift from a friend of mine, but I came across a bottle yesterday in my local Liquor Locker, I want to say $59-$60 or something... I believe also Total Wine carry those. Message me if you want me to pick one up and ship it to you, I don't know if it's worth it but I don't mind doing it. I'm in FL... :D

Khanvoy44 and abbazaba like this.
  19. POCEH KOCEB

Nov 21, 2013
    I am huge fan of the 12yo Hibiki that they don't sell anymore and when I found out that Suntori's chief blender is working with Fred Noe on this, I had to have it and for the money it is very good. Also the peolpe in the store told me that after the initial release they will probably jump the price with few bucks so I bought two more bottles ha ha ha. I actually had few glasses last night ha ha ha... It reminds me a top shelf Knob Creek product with some mellow Japanese twist. Love it. Cheers !

ScooterG likes this.
  20. POCEH KOCEB

Nov 21, 2013
    Cheers everyone, I'm finishing some leftovers... :D

[​IMG]

This Voyage 17 isn't bad at all... :thumbsup: I had the regular stuff and I like it, never had the expensive one that was matured on the ship, I know there are some "voyages" that are more sought than others, don't know where #17 is in the chart but it's just fine :)

[​IMG]

Filoso, Llasi, abbazaba and 1 other person like this.