Blue M390 PM2

Oh yeah! December is still a long way off, time to save up. I think I'll get a couple more since I seem to be carrying mine 99% of the time. Just love it!

Do you have to be a "dealer" if you want to commission Spyderco to build an entire batch of knives? I'm thinking of the toxic green Enduras produced for USN that show up from time to time. Who actually handled the sale of those? Was it the forum?

Is there any reason I couldn't call up Spyderco and say "draw up a contract because I want to buy 500 pieces of X"?

Do you have to be a "dealer" if you want to commission Spyderco to build an entire batch of knives? I'm thinking of the toxic green Enduras produced for USN that show up from time to time. Who actually handled the sale of those? Was it the forum?

Is there any reason I couldn't call up Spyderco and say "draw up a contract because I want to buy 500 pieces of X"?

You should call and find out for everyone :)

Almost positive that anyone can commission a sprint run, but you must pre pay for them. I imagine that there is a minimum order that you must first reach, but other than that I doubt that you have to be a dealer or distributor. I could be wrong of course, it's happened once before.

Almost positive that anyone can commission a sprint run, but you must pre pay for them. I imagine that there is a minimum order that you must first reach, but other than that I doubt that you have to be a dealer or distributor. I could be wrong of course, it's happened once before.

I bet that's right - example: the EDC Forums Moonglow forum knife.

Wow this is amazing news! I've wanted this knife for so long but the ebay prices were insane (I was still considering buying it regardless :eek:). I hear ya richardtran, hope we can get our hands on one up here. I wonder why bento won't ship here...

BBS allows international shipping for the M4 Manix2, maybe they will do it for the M390 PM2. BTW shipping for the M4 is $49.95. Hopefully there is someone else in Mississauga who wants one so I order two and split the shipping.

Ya man we should try and work something out when the time comes. I NEED this knife. My orange para 2 is lonely :D

Wow, looks like I got hurt on this one! I'm not usually a "flipper", but I really wanted this knife because I didn't have a PM2 and I didn't have any M390. Since both get rave reviews, this looked like the perfect opportunity to get both. I was, however choking on the price (especially since I live in California and had to pay sales tax).

Then I noticed how much discontinued PM2s were going for and decided to dig deep, buy 2 and let the profit on the second one (once they had run out) help pay for the first. Guess I just got an expensive lesson on the difference between an excusive and a sprint run.

And the worst part is that it didn't even knock my MiniGrip out of my EDC pocket. Oh, well- live and learn- but, ouch!

Wow, looks like I got hurt on this one! I'm not usually a "flipper", but I really wanted this knife because I didn't have a PM2 and I didn't have any M390. Since both get rave reviews, this looked like the perfect opportunity to get both. I was, however choking on the price (especially since I live in California and had to pay sales tax).

Then I noticed how much discontinued PM2s were going for and decided to dig deep, buy 2 and let the profit on the second one (once they had run out) help pay for the first. Guess I just got an expensive lesson on the difference between an excusive and a sprint run.

And the worst part is that it didn't even knock my MiniGrip out of my EDC pocket. Oh, well- live and learn- but, ouch!

If you decide to sell your Para2 M390 you will do just fine. One sold on another forum for $275.00 and there were two guys fighting over it at that price. I don't like seeing this happen with prices on the sprint's since I am a user and not a flipper but that is life.

I've managed to convince BBS to ship internationally for the blue pm2 and tan manix using a small flat rate priory shipping box.

I do know that SpydercoVT had to surrender its dealership over the B&M requirement, and that was within the past 6-9 months (in other words, a recent event). :(

not the case...
Yes, SpydercoVT closed his doors... but he did not lose his Spyderco dealer status as a result of the B&M requirement...

see TazKristi's explanation here: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?54654-Spyderco-VT-out-of-business&p=765721#post765721

Wait... it looks like I'm telling you something you already knew??:http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?54654-Spyderco-VT-out-of-business&p=765760#post765760

am I missing something????

Back