Blue M390 PM2

well, i did it! I clicked buy when i was online this morning and have the Blue pm2 headed my way. This will be my first experience with M390 so I am pretty excited about it. I have beend drooling over every photo and review I see of this knife and cant wait to proudly own one! I just had to share my excitement. My question, have most Blue Pm2's from Bento been pretty decent on the quality control aspects---i.e, blade centering, blade play, etc.....? Please share any feedback you have! thanks!

It's a terrible knife...just box it up and send it to me when you get it okay...I'll dispose of it for you :D

J/K, it's a great knife...I'm really enjoying mine. It holds it's edge for a surprisingly loooong time.

I have not really used mine, and probably won't, but it is absolutely laser sharp and perfectly constructed. I haven't seen much criticism of the knife here, which suggests their QC is pretty strong.

I did the same thing and spent an insane amount on what I intend to be an EDC knife, and I haven't really decided if I like the PM2 yet or not. But I am resolved to immediately put it in my pocket and start carrying it and try not to think about what it cost. If I could have found a black one when I first started looking I probably would have gotten one of them and been happy with it, but that blue has really been calling out to me.

I actually like mine so much that I bought a second which I intend to carry. The lock snaps better and the action is smoother than my other Para-2's.

It's my first Para2, so all I can't compare it to production or other sprints - except a couple I tried in the store.
Action is smooth, lockup is solid, blade play on mine is minimal. I can dial it out by tightening the stop pin, but then it doesn't swing closed without help - and I like being able to do the "Spydie Drop."
Runs as well as I expected from the write-ups and reviews I had read, and doesn't exhibit any of the coarse/sticky lock issues some people have experienced with the production units.
The "2nd click" in the detent bugged me for about 2 days, but now I don't notice it - I think because I built up muscle memory in my thumb, and open it all the way each time now.
I carry it 6 days a week since early January.
I've used it quite a bit on food prep, tape, cardboard, paracord, and small tree limbs, string, and various and sundry other cutting tasks. I've touched up the edge a couple times for the heck of it, but it's never been less than hair-shaving sharp.
I really just love this thing.
Para2.jpg

I've had several para 2's. I've got 2 blue ones. One of them is the finest example yet of what a para 2 should be. The other one is close and they are both very very sharp from the factory. I've got 3 Spyderco knives in M390 and they all came sharper than any of my other Spyderco's.

I bought one from Bento last week as i've been drooling over them since they came out and they won't be getting any easier to find/cheaper. Fit and finish was perfect, good centering and lockup. Not sure if I can bring myself to carry this one as I already have a DLC S30V Para2 and a 1st gen D2 Para set as users.

I have two, and two of the brown S35VN. All four show really, really high quality control in every respect. These are the best built P2s that Spyderco has yet shipped (and I say that having plenty of earlier P2s, including the S90V and 20CP sprints, for comparison).

JNewell:

I have to ask. What are the numbers in your signature? Surely it can't be the number of knives you own of each brand.

Also, your avatar pic. Knee? I'm not sure if I should be grossed out or maybe even turned on? Just curious what it all means. You can email me if you don't want to say publicly. Thanks!

I've been caring mine for about 2 1/2 months strait. I love it. Use it for everything. I touch up the edge on an Arkansas stone every so often, and get it right back to Laser sharp. Great steel. Really don't have anything bad to say about it.

c0affddc.jpg

7b3b8482.jpg

Blue PM2 the color of the G10 is amazing.......can't wait for the orange and Green!!

Bento Box Shop or the secondary market. Don't know where you live but they do not ship to NY or Abroad. Also, be prepared to drop $180 + shipping and/or insurance.

Might as well throw a pic of mine up too...:cool:
IMG_20120119_174631.jpg

Back