"Bond. Leatherman Bond."

I believe I'll take a hard pass.
The way the tools/blades are set up to be on the outside when the handles are open, they'll dig into the hand when using the pliers.
Thanks, but no thanks. I have an unused for that reason multi tool already. I don't need two ...
What leatherman model is it ?

I can assure you this is absolutely not the case.
I just used my trusty fuse yesterday at work to cut some 1/8" diameter steel rod, and I did not feel the tools one bit.
The edges of the " frame " ( the nylon inserts actually) yes I felt them but not the tools.
The well folded over edges of the frame here should be even more comfortable in use.

Don't let that potential concern keep you from trying this tool if you're otherwise interested.

The engineering they put into this model just keeps getting better.

From what I'm seeing they didn't just make a few minor changes to the PST or " downgrade " the rebar, they really put a lot of thought into this model for those who want a slimmer easy carry basic multitool.

Mine arrived yesterday and I like it. The only thing I did was knock down the sharp top edge of the file as it would catch my finger when extracting the tool. I enjoy the Bond and used it a good amount today. I used the knife, pliers and phillips. I knew going in it would take time using the inside tools but my life has slowed down quite a bit and I'm fine with that, that and I use a traditional pocket knife the majority of days (aside from my love of switchblades)🤤

I added the leather sheath as well as the pocket clip to try more than one carry option. I enjoy the lighter weight of the Bond and for non locking tools they secure really well. It is Leatherman quality all around and I have zero regrets adding this to my MT collection:thumbsup:
RHbHyp.jpg

kOBdEW.jpg

77knag.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday and I like it. The only thing I did was knock down the sharp top edge of the file as it would catch my finger when extracting the tool. I enjoy the Bond and used it a good amount today. I used the knife, pliers and phillips. I knew going in it would take time using the inside tools but my life has slowed down quite a bit and I'm fine with that, that and I use a traditional pocket knife the majority of days (aside from my love of switchblades)🤤

I added the leather sheath as well as the pocket clip to try more than one carry option. I enjoy the lighter weight of the Bond and for non locking tools they secure really well. It is Leatherman quality all around and I have zero regrets adding this to my MT collection:thumbsup:
RHbHyp.jpg

kOBdEW.jpg

77knag.jpg
What model is your sheath for, a PST ?
I tried mine in the sheath for my fuse and it's a bit looser than I'd like.
I am very impressed with the nylon sheath it came with though so I'm not necessarily looking .

Btw it has been mentioned by many reviewers that the blade could potentially open itself some and cause the user to cut themselves.

1 - I shook and flailed mine all around with reasonable gusto and only the file flops open.
I could only get the blade to protrude sometimes , and only if I really went crazy.

2- my 16 year old fuse has a similar closed tension on the blade, and it has never opened on me.

I understand the potential risk that leatherman should adress, but am personally not concerned at this time.

If I didn't already have a handful of multi-tools I'd seriously take a look at this.

Question for those that also have the old original PSTs - how much of a difference is there in the feel in-the-hand?

If I didn't already have a handful of multi-tools I'd seriously take a look at this.

Question for those that also have the old original PSTs - how much of a difference is there in the feel in-the-hand?
You can feel the dimensional difference so you know you're not holding a PST, but the rolled edges definitely feel nice.
It does not feel like a significantly larger tool.

It's the PST sheath on Leatherman's site. I like the nylon sheath as well but I got carried away at the checkout 😄
Good to see it'll fit in a classic PST sheath.

I ordered a medium sheath with pockets to try mine in,I don't plan to add any sort of bit kit or anything but I've got some ideas to change up what I carry and how on my belt at work.

Got the pouch sheath in, and am impressed so far.
I will have see how I like it for carry at work, but I already know I like how the sheath itself still has a minimal footprint.

I know theres an adapter and bit kit I could get , but the little bit ratchet is just there because I sometimes need a driver on both ends of a fastener.
If I really need a driver size / type that the leatherman doesn't have, I've got a toolbox In my locker.
The only things I normally carry in my old worn out Nite-ize pock-its that won't fit are the #426 channellocks and Dasco 5" prybar / scraper.
I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna be able to carry those now because I'm trying to minimize / condense the bulk on my belt, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

I robbed my P2 of it's clip and put it on the Bond and have been pocketing it since. Probably the only multi tool I have in my collection I will wear everyday. Love the weight and size and how few rough edges there are to it when closed. Makes it easier to use the pocket I have it clipped to. A certain store that carries only Domestic gear is running a 30% off Memorial Day sale so I went ahead and picked up another. This thing for $35 is a steal all day long. I have the bigger tools for my glove box or bag. This is perfect for pocketing.

I hate the inside tools. Why open up the whole thing if you just want a screw driver or knife blade?

No interest here.

Why open up the whole thing if you just want a screw driver or knife blade?

It helps you slow down, live in the moment and focus on the present. #meditation #mindfulness

At least that's the spin I'm putting on it. I much prefer outside tools too. But as an homage to the PST, its got to have that 1980's vibe.

I'm prolly going to order one of those Leather sheaths like Mr. Paul has. Takes up less space on the belt than the nylon flavor, and just has a very nice aesthetic. The Bond fits fine in the minimalist leather sheath for a Swisstool Spirit, but just can't go there.

I’m fine with inside tools because I like the asthetic of having a neat, clean package when it’s closed. Yeah, it’s a little more difficult to open up the tools, but I carry a slip joint always so I’ve got a faster blade at the ready if I need it.

tool accessibility isnt a concern for SAKs, so I guess if I needed “on demand” tools that’d be the way I’d go. Just pocket some pliers.

If I’m using a leatherman things have either gone sideways in a remote location, or I’m too lazy to get to a tool box. Either way personally I think that extra step to open doesn’t matter much.

here’s a thought- I’m guessing most of us carry another knife in tandem with a leatherman. What if they did away with the blades altogether, and came up with another tool for a small package?

here’s a thought- I’m guessing most of us carry another knife in tandem with a leatherman. What if they did away with the blades altogether, and came up with another tool for a small package?
For me, I would be totally fine with that. But I’m guessing there are a lot of people that may have a multitool lying around or being carried that don’t regularly carry knives, and the blade appeals to them. I would think perhaps we would be in the minority on that aspect.

Back