BoonSNARK Saints..

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Petzl rescue system is comprised of these two components:
https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Professional/Harnesses/FALCON#.VyooT9IrKUl
https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Professional/Harnesses/TOP-CROLL#.Vyoob9IrKUl

I added a cow's tail, Petzl ascender (left), and some BlueWater foot loops. I have all manner of descenders.

The Vulcans are good for rigging because they're so big. And 40kN meets general use rescue specs, so you're fine. http://www.cmcrescue.com/nfpa/
You could put two people and a litter on those 'biners and not have to worry.

Good ratings, but not a lot of material.
The smallest rope I own is some 8.3mm Canyon Fire rope, rated at 4100 lbF or ~18kN. It's fast.

the 2.2 mm stuff is for throwlines or light gear pulls, or "stuff". could be used for hammocks and gear slings of that sort. NOT for climbing.

i have the Top Croll, and the Sequoia SRT. should be super comfy, and a good gear hauler and arb harness.

also as i may have mentioned a couple other rock oriented harnesses, from a very old and never to be used Black Diamond Bod Harness to the newer model of that - but rock gyms don't like people using those, so i was forced to get a BD Momentum Al harness 2-3 years ago, lightly used ;) alas. most comfy thing ever, except the Sequoia STL.

likely going to have a few ascenders and toys in the next while. fun! have old school Sticht Plate :> actually, i'll use that for rigging tree and lowering stuff... plus a "tuber". nothing more modern like the ones in your photo, though i am considering them.

i found a brand new 200 foot Maxim climbing rope in my "way back". never used. kept clean and dry (stored and forgotten). safe to use for human support? or ... is it going to be a heavy gear line? does this stuff get brittle? or is it like, you know, bomb proof?

probably going to end up with an 11.5 mm arb line soon.

oh, the Petzl Zillon looks the bomb. should go nice with the zigzag. also the adjustable flip line - i like the design on that. keep those tails tucked.

these also look interesting as a backup (parallel system line in another tree) and for "bad things"

https://www.petzl.com/INT/en/Professional/Mobile-fall-arrest-devices/ASAP-LOCK

Here's that ascent technique I mentioned: http://www.climbing.com/skills/rappel-to-ascend/

It works. It is not particularly easy, however. The hardest maneuver is the action described as "pull the slack upward through the device." Number one, there's not that much slack, at least the way I was rigged, so you're creeping up the rope. Number two, getting it to slide through the descender requires some muscling. I did ascend and rappel down a couple of times though.

Ascend mode...

image_zpsgrkmeptl.jpg

Rappel mode with the autoblock engaged...

image_zpszdpa3f73.jpg

that last image looks very odd :>

will check out the system in a bit. looks very aggravating :D

also reading that PDF shortly :D

Yeah, Dyneema is pretty amazing. Are you using it for throw bags?

among many other uses for 180 feet of line!

Live, direct from wiki-somebody, ('cause I reside under some rock...), referencing " BoonSNARK Saints.."
... 1999 American action comedy crime film written and directed by Troy Duffy.
Oh yea, that, any good?
:numbness:

IBTL

In before the lock on one.

The next one should be Bundok Snarks 2: All Snarks Day

You're welcome.

In on 2!

Yes... I said 2, you people with the weird page settings.... how 'bout them apples! I prefer Red Delicious, but Honeycrisp is pretty good too. Granny Smith is a little too tart for me to eat raw.

Live, direct from wiki-somebody, ('cause I reside under some rock...), referencing " BoonSNARK Saints.."
... 1999 American action comedy crime film written and directed by Troy Duffy.
Oh yea, that, any good?
:numbness:

IBTL

Hell yeah it's good! Check out! And it's a bonus if you can understand what they're saying

In on 2!

Yes... I said 2, you people with the weird page settings.... how 'bout them apples! I prefer Red Delicious, but Honeycrisp is pretty good too. Granny Smith is a little too tart for me to eat raw.

I like Redd's Apple Ale, that or Angry Orchard. Oh, and fix your settings and whatever.

They clicked on the thread. They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with snarks drawn. It was a snarking ambush....

tumblr_nd1320KK6c1rfd7lko1_400.gif

.......This was a snarking bomb dropping on Becker Neckerville. For a few seconds, this place was the Hog Trough!

tumblr_npfaubz4jg1rfd7lko1_400.gif

What if it was just one guy with six snarks?

Why don't you let me set the page settings, huh, genius?

Waiting for the cute mail delivery lady to bring me some new fishing lures... Little poppers, if she gets here soon I'm headed to try them out.

Water is low in the creek, fish are bedding... Lily pads full of tasty fish...

The only question is do i grab the kayak or fish from the bank. Hmm.... To be, lazy, or not be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back