BoonSNARK Saints..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn GShark, if that's an OK fossil hunt, I'd love to see one of your good ones... Awesome pics; that's one monster tooth. I swear if I found one of dem I'd be wearing that sumbitch 'round my neck [emoji3]

What's the age of your site? Think I've told you before, but damn I'm jealous you're allowed to hunt for fossils. Too many restrictions in Alberta...

More pics!

I want take this opprtunity, mid-snarkage page, to thank foofie for his selfless pay it forward act that enabled me to snag a BK20. It arrived Monday but since I'm at a conference in San Antonio all week I had a friend intercept and store UPS package from Kabar safely until my return.

Anxious to see it Friday night but in the meantime...San Antonio is AWESOME!!!

Thanks again foofie.

Carry on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

No, Deadpool is the best super hero movie

Deadpool is like the Boondock Saints of Marvel movies: it's simultaneously serious and hilarious with great banter and plenty of violence, ending up being one of the best movies I've seen to date.

Sweet scores G-Shark!!

Thanks!

Cool fossils, post your finds more often.:D Don't think I've seen anything from one of your digs before.

Ever found complete skulls of one of these beasts?

Thank you! There's plenty of footage on BF, some in the Wilderness subforum. Complete shark skulls are rare since they're made of cartillage and that doesn't fossilize as easy as bone or dentine (teeth). When they are found, those are museum pieces 'cause frankly that's where those would belong. But they're out there. I did help excavate a whale or three a few years ago; There were two at a certai site, and the year after I helped dig up another one on a second location. Actually, that last one was from the same location as the right tooth in my hand.

This is the former dig I'm referring to: http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.1357697
Currently they're being puzzled together at the Royal Belgian Museum for Natural Sciences. They were pretty close to the surface so the last Ice Age really ate away at the skeletons. They were poorly preserved.

Damn GShark, if that's an OK fossil hunt, I'd love to see one of your good ones... Awesome pics; that's one monster tooth. I swear if I found one of dem I'd be wearing that sumbitch 'round my neck [emoji3]

What's the age of your site? Think I've told you before, but damn I'm jealous you're allowed to hunt for fossils. Too many restrictions in Alberta...

More pics!

Thanks! Well, the age depends a bit. On the previous construction site we were sampling a specific layer that could be dated to Middle-Miocene in age. The teeth from the deposit I pictured on the previous page were sampled in a layer that sits on top of that other deposit. So the teeth are a bit younger, bit it's hard to determine where they originate from. This (yellowish) deposit itself was deposited in the Pleistocene, when the sea here was already gone. It was deposited through rivers/glaciers/geological activities during hte Ice Ages, hence it reworked the underlying material. I mean, we can say that most fossils in this deposit are Pliocene in age, but so many Pliocene (and some Miocene) deposits have been reworked in this single deposit that it's hard to say something like: "tooth A came from Pliocene layer X, while shell B originated from Pliocene layer Y which we can observe undisturbed at location Z". Whereas the layer we sampled on the previous construction site marked the geological border of the Langhian and Burdigalian substages of the Middle-Miocene. Still with me? :D

Anyway, on this construction site they're gonna go deeper so we will probably be able to sample those Middle-Miocene layers again, sometime soon.

I saw this kid at my High school yesterday, he was driving a jeepster commando

Is that his daily driver? The Jeepster Commando is one of those that is on my list if I ever get the chance.

I drove a restored CJ5 through high school. I miss that Jeep.... There were plenty of shenanigans to go around with it.

the 2.2 mm stuff is for throwlines or light gear pulls, or "stuff". could be used for hammocks and gear slings of that sort. NOT for climbing.

i have the Top Croll, and the Sequoia SRT. should be super comfy, and a good gear hauler and arb harness.

also as i may have mentioned a couple other rock oriented harnesses, from a very old and never to be used Black Diamond Bod Harness to the newer model of that - but rock gyms don't like people using those, so i was forced to get a BD Momentum Al harness 2-3 years ago, lightly used ;) alas. most comfy thing ever, except the Sequoia STL.

likely going to have a few ascenders and toys in the next while. fun! have old school Sticht Plate :> actually, i'll use that for rigging tree and lowering stuff... plus a "tuber". nothing more modern like the ones in your photo, though i am considering them.

i found a brand new 200 foot Maxim climbing rope in my "way back". never used. kept clean and dry (stored and forgotten). safe to use for human support? or ... is it going to be a heavy gear line? does this stuff get brittle? or is it like, you know, bomb proof?

probably going to end up with an 11.5 mm arb line soon.

oh, the Petzl Zillon looks the bomb. should go nice with the zigzag. also the adjustable flip line - i like the design on that. keep those tails tucked.

these also look interesting as a backup (parallel system line in another tree) and for "bad things"

https://www.petzl.com/INT/en/Professional/Mobile-fall-arrest-devices/ASAP-LOCK

How old is the rope? If it was properly stored, you should be ok. The currrent reccomdations in terms of climbing rope life expectancy is about 10 -15 years if the rope has never been used and has been stored properly. What dia?

Deadpool is like the Boondock Saints of Marvel movies: it's simultaneously serious and hilarious with great banter and plenty of violence, ending up being one of the best movies I've seen to date.

^This. We loved it!

PNW'ers: I am in ur airport, drinkin ur beerz.

GShark won this thread early.

I think I'm a gunna finally post my BK2 mod this evening.

Waiting for the cute mail delivery lady to bring me some new fishing lures... Little poppers, if she gets here soon I'm headed to try them out.

Water is low in the creek, fish are bedding... Lily pads full of tasty fish...

The only question is do i grab the kayak or fish from the bank. Hmm.... To be, lazy, or not be...

Mmmmm, new luuuuuures. Nothing like new lures! I'm heading out of town in a few minutes to get some new lures among other things. I was going to go yesterday, but I ended up meeting up with a friend I hadn't seen in almost 10 years. We went out and got in 8 hours of fishing and catching up. We caught a ton of pike and each managed limit of walleye. We had to work for them, but it was fun. I also managed a helluva sun burn.

So I have a BK12 headed my direction, should receive it Monday. I've never handled that particular knife, but do own a 10 and a 7, the 7 has been my all time favorite full size Becker, I just have a feeling the 12 could be a new favorite.

Any of you guys have love for the 12?

PNW'ers: I am in ur airport, drinkin ur beerz.

Seattle or Portland? Both good.

So I have a BK12 headed my direction, should receive it Monday. I've never handled that particular knife, but do own a 10 and a 7, the 7 has been my all time favorite full size Becker, I just have a feeling the 12 could be a new favorite.

Any of you guys have love for the 12?

I kinda want to get one, but at the same time I kinda want to just shorten and grind a BK7 so I don't have to spend the money, since I would want to take the ramp off either way.

I kinda want to get one, but at the same time I kinda want to just shorten and grind a BK7 so I don't have to spend the money, since I would want to take the ramp off either way.

That isn't a bad idea at all. Be a cool mod for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back