BoonSNARK Saints..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys!! I've been using photobucket for do long I never learned anything else. Time to learn.
I'm not sure how Flickr works, but you can always try the trusty (on Chrome at least) Right Click and select "copy image address." Then toss that in a pair of IMG brackets. You can always pull the address from properties or open the picture in a new window and pull it from the address bar.

So...I guess people don't bother to research pricing when selling online. So funny asking above retail NEW, PLUS shipping, for a used, sometimes well used item!? Then decline a decent offer with links to previously sold and brand new prices. Then stays up for weeks while others sell left and right for the proper price.
Simply amazing...
Not just knives but all kinds of general merchandise.
Maybe they wait for a sucker...I dunno. When I sell used or basically new stuff I just wanna recover what I can fairly quickly while offering a fair deal at the same time.
Maybe I'm missing something or just don't get it...
Why even bother with "OBO"?

Lmao...OK, I was in no way talking about that. Actually eBay experiences and other general observations without personal interaction. I saw urs a while back and it seemed like ur flexible. Others I've seen "firm" ridiculousness with zero replies lol.

Sometimes I'll find stuff I own already and just watch to see what stuff sells or doesn't sell for.

Heh, yeah I know buddy.
I always try to buy from forums first after doing my research. I'd rather buy from an individual than a company. Seems some of the worst are pawn shops selling online. I've ranted here before about local pawn shops. Really you'd think with overhead, wages, etc. they'd be trying to make a sale AND actually be knowledgeable of pricing trends and attempt to be competitive... nope. Just ask whatever random number OBO. Make a fair offer based on latest sold items with info on prices of the item brand new. they counter for barely any drop still well above the rest of the known universe. Hope they burn and fold.

So...I guess people don't bother to research pricing when selling online. So funny asking above retail NEW, PLUS shipping, for a used, sometimes well used item!? Then decline a decent offer with links to previously sold and brand new prices. Then stays up for weeks while others sell left and right for the proper price.
Simply amazing...
Not just knives but all kinds of general merchandise.
Maybe they wait for a sucker...I dunno. When I sell used or basically new stuff I just wanna recover what I can fairly quickly while offering a fair deal at the same time.
Maybe I'm missing something or just don't get it...
Why even bother with "OBO"?

I am right here NC, Jeeze....lol
Of course, as an eBay seller (once in a great while) I'm often surprised by how people bid some items up well beyond what they might buy new, or the current model of new. I had a bicycle saddle up for sale years ago that started off at about what I bought it for (from a friend at a LBS) and it ended going for more than 3 times the price....I kinda felt guilty and covered the difference to ship it to Oz. Sometimes you can't get rid of stuff for half of what it's worth, and sometimes you just take the stoopid high bid and ship it with a smile. I'll never figure people out - but at least the 'bay puts your stuff out into the world where someone's looking for it - something CL is not always so good for. I'll take the 'bay ANY day over a house full of shit I have no need for. Now, all I need is some gumption to LIST all that stuff.....and I have collected WAY more stuff than I need, or even want.

Of course, as an eBay seller (once in a great while) I'm often surprised by how people bid some items up well beyond what they might buy new, or the current model of new. I had a bicycle saddle up for sale years ago that started off at about what I bought it for (from a friend at a LBS) and it ended going for more than 3 times the price....I kinda felt guilty and covered the difference to ship it to Oz. Sometimes you can't get rid of stuff for half of what it's worth, and sometimes you just take the stoopid high bid and ship it with a smile. I'll never figure people out - but at least the 'bay puts your stuff out into the world where someone's looking for it - something CL is not always so good for. I'll take the 'bay ANY day over a house full of shit I have no need for. Now, all I need is some gumption to LIST all that stuff.....and I have collected WAY more stuff than I need, or even want.

Gah, lots of truth here! I was out of work injured a couple of years ago and sold tons of stuff there. Mostly vintage kitchen knives from thrift stores. Even after shipping I more than doubled my money over all. The smallest blade of them all brought the most. A tiny Chicago Knives paring knife went for almost $50 and came from a set I got for $20. Found a couple Sabatier's for $4 and they brought almost $70. Yeah... ya never know on some items what folks will pay when there's none like it for sale. Makes me wonder why some "stores" there have Ka-Bars above MSRP right next to Tomars who ask half that. I guess they're trying to get their name out? No clue...for sure it never moves.

I will probably post my stuff on Ebay, just wanted to give Bladeforumites a first crack at it. Plus I dislike using ebay for some reason.

I have loads of crap i dont need or use... But im too lazy to deal with listing and packaging old junk in the hopes it sells. My loss... I could prolly earn some money... Or NOT LOL

Not related.... But i REALLY want a "Catfish 20" boat. I have to pay off my truck before i buy a boat like that though.

When something goes for some ridiculous amount on fleabay, other than the obvious explanation that a couple of bidders had no clue what something was worth and just went kookoo, the other reason is that the item may have been THE item the buyer needed to complete a set of "X".

I know there are a few knives out there that if they show up for sale, I will most likely be one of those kookoo bidders. Some of them, I have been trying to acquire for 20 years. Some have never seen the light of day in a while and a few others raised their heads and someone else beat me out.

Yup it did happen.
13c3e81d89748c49a9d1c53f66309e7e.jpg

Beckerhead #146

Sure, that's usually the case with rare items. It's worth what whomever is willing to pay.

My earlier rant was with common stuff that doesn't necessarily need to be brand new for me and some just don't seem to even want to part with stuff yet it's for sale...and at stupid prices...AND allowing offers but won't accept them lol. Often listed right next to a dealer with the exact item brand new for less!

I have loads of crap i dont need or use... But im too lazy to deal with listing and packaging old junk in the hopes it sells. My loss... I could prolly earn some money... Or NOT LOL

Lazy, or just too big a hurdle to jump over? I find myself in this same situation presently. Unused stuff that needs moving.....and I'm reading through snark (and poring over the Exchange) instead, putting it off for yet another night. Been a few months of nights like that.....

:( Looks like it's official. My dad's selling the '79 J20. I still wish I could find a way to snag it. Badass truck.

you changed the gear on your speedometer so it looks like you can drive your jeep faster than 50mph?

That's no TJ instrument panel. Looks like his MJ's dash. But you really should get that gear.... It's nice to see at what speed you're traveling at without doing any extra math.

Last edited:
Yup it did happen.
13c3e81d89748c49a9d1c53f66309e7e.jpg

Beckerhead #146

That's not safe, taking pics while driving that fast - especially in a JEEP! You could get arrested. Or crash, which would be a tragedy for the BK-6 wielding, cat chasing community. Hopefully you were driving with your knee while both hands were operating your phone....."hands free" driving ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back