1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Boots is Boots

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by HMHaines, Aug 17, 2018.

1. termite

termite Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 10, 2004
    White's. A couple of other pairs, one semi-retired in my locker at work having been rebuilt three times and another pair of Smoke Jumpers that will be around with the cockroaches when everything else is gone. 001.JPG 005.JPG

2. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Well they say White's break you in, not you breaking in the White's. I have a pair of their Packers. @termite.

Charlie Mike likes this.
  3. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    My go to has been Chippewa. The super loggers are pretty tough...even if you're not a logger, which I'm not. I do like logger boots more than anything else. Had a pretty good pair of Red Wings too.

4. HMHaines

HMHaines

Aug 15, 2018
    Those White's are really nice looking. I keep seeing boots I'd like to buy in this thread. My rule is to never have more than three pairs, but I've still never had more than two. Just too attached to the ones I have to branch out.

5. Dddrees

Dddrees

Dec 13, 2015
    Cordovan and Russian Calf.

[​IMG]

Tom P likes this.
  6. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    My favorite pair of boots are my John Deere Oil Rigger boots w/o insulation (now discontinued). Not my pic:

[​IMG]

7. thedishdoc

thedishdoc

Feb 27, 2007
    Here are some of mine. Left to right, LAPG, Danner Acadia's, Under Armour.

[​IMG]

These Justins are almost 20 years old. They are about broke in.

[​IMG]

Krav likes this.
  8. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    How do you like the Danner Acadia? I've always seen this but never bought um.

9. thedishdoc

thedishdoc

Feb 27, 2007
    I like the fact you can resole them. They are quality. But they are HEAVY!

10. microbe

microbe

Apr 6, 2016
    Blue and grey Horween Danner lights
    [​IMG]

11. Owen K.

Owen K.

Sep 9, 2016
    I've tried many boots but redbacks are by far the best in my opinion. Easy to slip on and off, Super comfy, and durable.

12. Valpurros

Valpurros

Oct 2, 2018
    The first boots seem to be the masterpieces of art:) And what about socks for hunting, guys? Do you use them everytime during your hunting? I`ve read a lot about them here https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-socks-for-hunting/ But I`m just a beginner and don`t know is it necessary to buy hunting socks already? Need your advice

13. jstewart16701

jstewart16701

Dec 3, 2001
    My daily drivers.....Danner Quarrys

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  14. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Danner Arcadias. These are 15 yrs old. Keep em polished and resoled - good to go.
    I saw Danner is now offering a new updated version called the Stalwart - which is 13oz lighter (per pair).
    23213009_10210257597064413_2314203616219870329_o.jpg

15. thebrain

thebrain Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Krav those Bates are pretty tough boots they are the Marine corps RAT model, kinda heavy but comfortable and durable. I have had two pair so far.

16. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    PSX_20181130_081609.jpg

Lowa Baffin Pro

This is my second pair the first is now relegated to shoveling snow and working in the yard. The nice part about Lowa is when you send them in for a re-sole you get an entire new foot bed, the en essence remove the entire bottom of the boot and put a new one on then throw in new insoles and laces so you get pretty much a new pair back.

17. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I would say, stick with what you know and have learned to trust.

I had a pair of insulated leather boots I used off and on for hunting. Took them out one year and the vibram soles just started to disintegrate in big chunks. At the end of the day, I was walking on the insole.

18. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    [​IMG]

Le Chameau Chasseur
    and original Filson Double Tins. These have been my outdoors go-to uniform since the 90s. And pretty much look it, too.

Horsewright likes this.
  19. annr

annr Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 15, 2006
    1067EAAA-0F28-4062-8F5F-32A5147319CA.jpeg
    I agree with this! And if I find something I like I’ll get a second pair ASAP.

Unfortunately, I can’t find these TECNICAs in the US anymore. I’m on my last pair and the only ones I’ve seen are on eBay out of Russia which doesn’t sound too promising.

20. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 27, 2018
    A pair of 6", 4" Keen Detroit boots and Keen Bradock low tops. I never have to break them in and wear like iron. Cant post photo's yet