Boots is Boots

My go to has been Chippewa. The super loggers are pretty tough...even if you're not a logger, which I'm not. I do like logger boots more than anything else. Had a pretty good pair of Red Wings too.

Those White's are really nice looking. I keep seeing boots I'd like to buy in this thread. My rule is to never have more than three pairs, but I've still never had more than two. Just too attached to the ones I have to branch out.

My favorite pair of boots are my John Deere Oil Rigger boots w/o insulation (now discontinued). Not my pic:

image_60087.jpg

Here are some of mine. Left to right, LAPG, Danner Acadia's, Under Armour.

These Justins are almost 20 years old. They are about broke in.

Here are some of mine. Left to right, LAPG, Danner Acadia's, Under Armour.

These Justins are almost 20 years old. They are about broke in.

How do you like the Danner Acadia? I've always seen this but never bought um.

I've tried many boots but redbacks are by far the best in my opinion. Easy to slip on and off, Super comfy, and durable.

Danner Arcadias. These are 15 yrs old. Keep em polished and resoled - good to go.
I saw Danner is now offering a new updated version called the Stalwart - which is 13oz lighter (per pair).
23213009_10210257597064413_2314203616219870329_o.jpg

Krav those Bates are pretty tough boots they are the Marine corps RAT model, kinda heavy but comfortable and durable. I have had two pair so far.

PSX_20181130_081609.jpg

Lowa Baffin Pro

This is my second pair the first is now relegated to shoveling snow and working in the yard. The nice part about Lowa is when you send them in for a re-sole you get an entire new foot bed, the en essence remove the entire bottom of the boot and put a new one on then throw in new insoles and laces so you get pretty much a new pair back.

I would say, stick with what you know and have learned to trust.

I had a pair of insulated leather boots I used off and on for hunting. Took them out one year and the vibram soles just started to disintegrate in big chunks. At the end of the day, I was walking on the insole.

8aWjzob.jpg

Le Chameau Chasseur
and original Filson Double Tins. These have been my outdoors go-to uniform since the 90s. And pretty much look it, too.

1067EAAA-0F28-4062-8F5F-32A5147319CA.jpeg
I would say, stick with what you know and have learned to trust.
I agree with this! And if I find something I like I’ll get a second pair ASAP.

Unfortunately, I can’t find these TECNICAs in the US anymore. I’m on my last pair and the only ones I’ve seen are on eBay out of Russia which doesn’t sound too promising.

A pair of 6", 4" Keen Detroit boots and Keen Bradock low tops. I never have to break them in and wear like iron. Cant post photo's yet

I like these Danner Mountain light II hikers.

These are over 10 years old.

g6gh3fr.jpg

I have a pair of nearly identical boots from Cabelas made the same way, same soles, etc that are 16 years and in need of a re-sole. (I wore them on an 17 mile in a day hike, where a good portion was in the sun on asphalt, and the adhesive on the soles/tread finally gave up).

I also have a pair of Timberland Pro steel toed that are really going strong after 15 years.

XR2LgWO.jpg

Back