Bose Knives

I'll be carrying my premium stockman, but I've been carrying it for the past couple weeks anyway.
IMG_0937-X4.jpg

TonyBoseW2 W:T.jpgTonyBoseW2 DHBlued.jpg

This is a Tony Bose Wharnecliffe Trapper. Don Hanson W2. This is a #3 of 3. Tony had one. Don has one. I wound up with this one in a basket deal from the late Jason Baker. I sent this to Don for a fluff and buff after the New Year. Part of the W2 charm is that it gets way, way sharp but it will deteriorate unless you take care of it. Tony recommended that I use cold blue on the knife to give it a more weather proof finish. I got what Tony recommended but sent it to Mr. Hanson for a professional job. Check out the second photo. Don hand sanded the surface issues my carry caused, and added a cold blue finish. Check out my new toy in the second picture. (it looks gray not black in natural light!) You can't believe how sharp it is after coming out of Don's shop!

Hats off to Don Hanson! Thank you, Tony Bose. RIP.

Last edited:
The show Handcrafted America, hosted by Jill Wagner, had a segment showcasing Tony making a Bullnose Trapper. Nice little clip with Tony at work. It's currently free on Amazon Prime, and for those interested, it's Season 2, Episode 11 titled "Belt Buckles, Music Boxes, Pocket Knives."

Is it true that Bose knives have a 7 year wait?

I'd love to own one someday. Anyone in the know care to share their experiences with ordering a Bose knife? Do you just have to call and get put on a list?

Is it true that Bose knives have a 7 year wait?

I'd love to own one someday. Anyone in the know care to share their experiences with ordering a Bose knife? Do you just have to call and get put on a list?
Tony passed away not too long ago, may he rest in peace. I don't know if his son Reese is taking orders or not. I'd say it's unlikely but hopefully someone with more info will chime in.

Took a drive today out to Bradford PA and visited the Case store/Museum with the purpose of getting a small two bladed knife for my watch pocket, found it but as I walked around checking all the shiny, I saw this one sitting there and I knew that I had to bring that one home as well.

by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

of course envious of those that could afford one direct from Tony, but, this will have to suffice and it's pretty nice! The back spring is flush in all stops, and the inlay is perfectly flush and well done, I wish it was also pinned but at that price they probably could not do that too.

G2

Back