Box-o-knives GAW round 21 ( new rule )

Congrats to eisman eisman for winning the massive box-o-knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for keeping the tradition alive, Hickory n steel Hickory n steel ! :):cool::thumbsup:

I let my dad choose and he fell in love with the stag RR canoe and that one handed Victorinox.

Please tell your dad thanks from me for choosing that RR stag canoe! :rolleyes:
I won Round 2 of mrknife mrknife 's original never-ending GAW, and that canoe was one of the knives I added to the box in October 2016! I was starting to lose a lot of self-esteem as the years went by and no one chose the canoe!! :eek::D

- GT

Congrats to eisman eisman for winning the massive box-o-knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for keeping the tradition alive, Hickory n steel Hickory n steel ! :):cool::thumbsup:

Please tell your dad thanks from me for choosing that RR stag canoe! :rolleyes:
I won Round 2 of mrknife mrknife 's original never-ending GAW, and that canoe was one of the knives I added to the box in October 2016! I was starting to lose a lot of self-esteem as the years went by and no one chose the canoe!! :eek::D

- GT
Will do

I am very happy to have kept it going.

One of the best things about it is how it allows people to try different knives.

I was unsure about the toothpick pattern before, but instantly loved that case toothpick.
I handled a RR swayback and learned the pattern is not for me, and I was extremely tempted by a couple knives but was able to really think about it and consider some things and decide not to take them.
With this box I learned a few things I may not have learned otherwise.

I had my eye on the Case canoe! Its time had finally come.
That is actually a rough ryder canoe.

from what I saw when I checked it briefly out the quality was relatively equal to Case, certainly better than I have ever gotten from Rough Ryder when I used to buy them.

Luckily your name is still on the list and there's no telling what will find it's way into the box.
It's best to start looking at your hoard now and deciding on what you're not using much, because your number is sure to come up eventually.

That is actually a rough ryder canoe.

from what I saw when I checked it briefly out the quality was relatively equal to Case, certainly better than I have ever gotten from Rough Ryder when I used to buy them.

Ah, of course, I mistyped. Brain farting in old age.

I have a RR bone lockback that I'm really impressed with. Great quality for ten bucks.

OK, I got the box. Didn't expect it quite so fast.

There's 50 knives in here!

I'm going to take the Art Ullis Salmon Knife (duh!) and the old IXL. Still unwrapping most of these. I will try to limit the additions, but if you guys really want a machete or axe, let me know. (It may only be an axe head due to size constraints, but I have quite a few...)

I'm aiming to add quality over numbers and I have A LOT of stuff I could do, so if there's something you'd like to see, let me know. Likewise, I will not add any pattern that's already in the box just to mix it up and give you guys a chance at some different stuff.

What I'm going to do it let this run until (at least) Sunday before I draw a name. Everybody on the list is in, anybody who wants to join, now's the time.

I'm going to take the Art Ullis Salmon Knife (duh!) and the old IXL. Still unwrapping most of these. I will try to limit the additions, but if you guys really want a machete or axe, let me know. (It may only be an axe head due to size constraints, but I have quite a few...)

I'm aiming to add quality over numbers and I have A LOT of stuff I could do, so if there's something you'd like to see, let me know. Likewise, I will not add any pattern that's already in the box just to mix it up and give you guys a chance at some different stuff.

What I'm going to do it let this run until (at least) Sunday before I draw a name. Everybody on the list is in, anybody who wants to join, now's the time.

Wow you got it fast.
Starting a round 22 thread might be best to cut through all the post from this round, but you can do whatever I suppose.

An axe head would add a good deal of weight and add but I can't say nobody would be interested.

That old George Wostenholm IX☆L is a nice knife and was a nice inclusion with a giveaway I won a few years ago but I just wasn't giving it the love it deserved.

Think about any kids Or friends or acquaintances you know who might enjoy a knife from the box before you close it back up. The generosity that the box has become can be spread wide.

fellas it might be wise to split it up for the next round, two winners, separate the box. I know it might seem unfair to the shipper who has to pay the separated cost, but in the grand scheme itll make the shipping cheaper possibly since weight has drastically gone up since the inception.

Last edited:
Back