Buck 110s and 112s SLIMS

Those were marked as blems. Buck blems can range from what you see to where the hell is the blem.

Yeah I know they were blems I was just saying the "blem" on the two different knives looks almost identical.

Does the micarta have metal liners or no?

I like everything about it *except* the pocket clip. Why can't that be slim, too?

When you said are we going to have to look out for that on the shelves, I was replying that Buck catches those marks and classifies them as blems. I don't think you will have to keep an eye out for that. But suppose it could happen.

Last edited:
Does the micarta have metal liners or no?

I like everything about it *except* the pocket clip. Why can't that be slim, too?

No liners, the Micarta is really rigid. If you get one it takes a pair of pliers to bow the Micarta. It's slick as well. Like polished in between the scales.

Same with the pocket clip. It might be wide but takes up almost no room. The rectangle above the anvil is the spot to pull the knife out of your pocket. Plus buck gets a tad of advertisng due to the anvil.

I'm on the fan club for this one. Big A+

When you said are we going to have to look out for that on the shelves, I was replying that Buck catches those marks and classifies them as blems. I don't think you will have to keep an eye out for that. But suppose it could happen.

Oh I apologize. It's been a very long day and night I misread your post. I was just curious cause 2 out of 5 have the same mark but I guess 5 blems is not a good sample. BTW I'm great full for the insights and pics you provide living so close to the factory those knives are so nice.

That thumb stud looks like it's nestled in there kinda tight. How is it to open?

Makael Makael
Mak hows the blade play on them. tight in every direction or minor play in any of them? thank you Sir.

That thumb stud looks like it's nestled in there kinda tight. How is it to open?
The thumb studs stick put further than the scales. It's easy to get to and operate. And I'm using a thumb with a separated ACL tendon. If I think it's easy it's easy. Lol

Makael Makael
Mak hows the blade play on them. tight in every direction or minor play in any of them? thank you Sir.
Yes, pretty tight. Pinned together can have some very slight rock but these look good. I don't know if that's the case for every one.

The thumb studs stick put further than the scales. It's easy to get to and operate. And I'm using a thumb with a separated ACL tendon. If I think it's easy it's easy. Lol

I'm definitely taking your word for it then. I'll ask on behalf of everyone...can we see more pictures??

I'm definitely taking your word for it then. I'll ask on behalf of everyone...can we see more pictures??

This is my knife. Its a touch on the early side of production. You can see some machining marks in the scales that the ones from yesterday do not have. Plus the fabric in the Micarta stands out more on the newer ones. The two pics showing the thumb stud extruding past the scales makes it a more than adequate to use.

I forgot to mention there are brass inserts for the pocket clip screws. Nice touch.

Last edited:
Heading to Buck here pretty quick.

Those look very nice there will be added to my collection.

Got my order in today. Lots of flavors. I have to say I am really liking the 110 Slim Pro versions.

dcCzd5P.jpg

3v1akVD.jpg

Back