Buck 110s and 112s SLIMS

Thanks for posting this! The pictures helped me to make up my mind. Green Micarta for the win!

I just got an email from a Buck dealer saying these are in stock. Just under $30 for the FRN one! That's a screaming good deal. Buck got the design right lets hope the execution now follows suit.

I just got an email from a Buck dealer saying these are in stock. Just under $30 for the FRN one! That's a screaming good deal. Buck got the design right lets hope the execution now follows suit.
Ive refunded 10 dollars on all 112 purchases. I was unaware of retail pricing. Please let me know if I have missed anyone.

They don't have the maroon micarta 110 though... I wonder how they can have them posted and they're not on Buck's website?

Not sure, its not listed as a preorder, but I didn't try to buy one either.

Me either... I wonder when you get to the checkout it says it's a preorder? I'm wondering why they were on Buck's website for a couple of hours and disappeared?

Regarding Buck's website, I spoke with a Buck customer representative this afternoon, they said they would post them after they had filled all dealer backorders. Glad some of our forum friends were able to get their hands on a few for those if us who have been "patiently" awaiting their release.

Last edited:
More pics. Just got to hotel in Portland for blade show. Knives for xmas presents

Nice! I already told my wife and daughter I'll be putting one, or more, of these on my Christmas wish list this year.

got one form Mak today. incredible knife for the money. Mak did me right as always. thank you Sir.

so it's a blem as it was sold to me as at a great price to. here's the sticker to show the cosmetic blem.......

1538850003295287615064965267876.jpg so I was staring at it for a while trying to figure it out...

went outside in the sunlight looked it over....finally caught it. one micarta scale is a very slightly tad lighter than the other.....15388501055641854471393899117090.jpg

so my impressions. nice and tight. very little play up or down almost none. side to side very solid. no play. thumb stud easy to open. micarta is thick enough and very strong. very little flex when squeezing. while using I expect no flex.

pocket clip works well. easy in and out but also tight enough wont come out if you arent taking it out. also no hotpsots from it. I'm an ambi handed knife user and in southpaw it's not even noticed. right side barely notice it. it's pretty impressive how it doesnt feel in the way like many do. two sided pocket clip holes drilled for left or right side carry. only tip up setup the way I like it myself.

one interesting thing I noticed is the thumbstud setup. its setup differently on this one. meaning not a super tight press fit style. it's got a bit of play in all directions. nothing too bad just different. dont know of they are all like that or this one being a blem is. no matter as it's a user and it takes nothing away.

one more pic....15388512002795463360590743788895.jpg

Last edited:
got one form Mak today. incredible knife for the money. Mak did me right as always. thank you Sir.

so it's a blem as it was sold to me as at a great price to. here's the sticker to show the cosmetic blem.......

View attachment 998881 so I was staring at it for a while trying to figure it out...

went outside in the sunlight looked it over....finally caught it. one micarta scale is a very slightly tad lighter than the other.....View attachment 998900

so my impressions. nice and tight. very little play up or down almost none. side to side very solid. no play. thumb stud easy to open. micarta is thick enough and very strong. very little flex when squeezing. while using I expect no flex.

pocket clip works well. easy in and out but also tight enough wont come out if you arent taking it out. also no hotpsots from it. I'm an ambi handed knife user and in southpaw it's not even noticed. right side barely notice it. it's pretty impressive how it doesnt feel in the way like many do. two sided pocket clip holes drilled for left or right side carry. only tip up setup the way I like it myself.

one interesting thing I noticed is the thumbstud setup. its setup differently on this one. meaning not a super tight press fit style. it's got a bit of play in all directions. nothing too bad just different. dont know of they are all like that or this one being a blem is. no matter as it's a user and it takes nothing away.

one more pic....View attachment 998905
Nice! Are the thumbstuds removable, maybe?

Nice! Are the thumbstuds removable, maybe?
yes Sir, thank you.

thumbstuds.....doesnt seem so. I didnt try to torque them loose. just finger easy try. need to understand more of how its built before I try more.

Last edited:
Back