Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Tin sue,
I have not seen any of the knives I am referring to offered as still available on the BCCI site. The 25th anniversary build outs were never offered to the public by BCCI or buck.

Tin sue,
I have not seen any of the knives I am referring to offered as still available on the BCCI site. The 25th anniversary build outs were never offered to the public by BCCI or buck.

And you will not see those knives on the BCCI site because none of the knives that you are referring to are BCCI knives; the BCCI site only lists knives that were made exclusively for sale through the club itself. The knives that you are referring to are mostly limited numbers of build outs that were made by Buck, in this case specifically for sale at the 25th anniversary event, which were admittedly mostly to BCCI members. So there is a fine, but very distinct line here, between the factory making and selling knives directly to the club which then resells them as BCCI knives exclusively to BCCI members and then special edition build outs that the factory makes for sale initially to club members but subsequently to others as well. Many times, all these build outs are not completely bought out by club members in attendance at these events so the excess inventory that was not sold at the event is indeed subsequently made available to the public. Subsequent to the event, one could simply go directly to the store and buy what they wished of that remaining inventory, or they could also make a phone call to the store and purchase any remaining inventory in that manner. I know because I did that, and not as a BCCI member. And to further reduce the factory's inventory, some of these build outs have been and continue to be sold on ebay by one seller who is a BCCI board member and another who is actually a high ranking Buck employee. And so by selling the excess inventory of these knives in this manner, they are indirectly providing other collectors the opportunity to purchase these knives. The only difference that I see is that the sale is through an auction, which may drive the price higher, but as I stated previously, it is my understanding that there is some kind of agreement in effect that allows the excess profits above buck store prices to go to the club and not to either the seller or to the factory. In summary, this allows: (1) the factory to eliminate their excess inventory, (2) the club to bring in an extra source of funds, and (3) Buck collectors, whether BCCI members or not, the opportunity to purchase a limited build out edition of a knife that they otherwise might not be able to obtain.

Lastly, you point is well taken that there are those (both BCCI members and the general public) that live nearby the factory and that visit the store regularly, buy whatever excess inventory may be in stock at the time, and then sell that for their own personal profit, but then they do also run the risk of reselling those items for less than their purchase cost. That is the nature of the capitalistic society in which we live!! But once again, that action also provides collectors the opportunity to purchase a limited build out that they otherwise might not have the opportunity to own if they are willing to pay the price. The choice to purchase under these conditions is an individual one, just please don't cast all sellers into the same mold.

Last edited:
I will agree to disagree. The knives I speak of were sold so somebody must have thought it was worth it to pay above msrp.

H I,

Tin has his ducks pretty much in a row on the history of such events. I am hearing you speaking up about 'resellers'. The club in its relationship with Buck controls only the knives shipped to them, overruns, FBs, etc. are not club controlled even if a club knife. Sometimes the Buck store may help the club out by selling a few also. Right or wrong that seems to be the way it is. Some club members have access to knives they resale and makes the club some money. Someone may also buy a wad of them and resell them for profit. Its sort of an American 'way'. As is obvious to you I know, if someone buys 2 or 10 from the club, then decides to sell them then there you go we have no say, they may have done it on purpose, or say something like 'they need money for a sick kid' happened.

As an example of a particular situation, the BG42 301 currently being ordered is not meeting my hoped for expectations. Bigger Buck models apparently rule the day and the 301s orders by members appear to not be getting close to the max number of 200 ordered by the club. (There was a limit of 6 knives per person put on these).

Lets say there will be 50 unsold by the Blade Show in early June. You will likely see them for sale at the BCCI table in the collectors display area to anyone with cash in their hand. Any left after that will likely be split up and assigned out to a couple BCCI guys to try and sell them at other shows. And some will also remain for sale in the next newsletter. These knives have to be paid for when the club receives delivery. So, they are a negative account on BCCI books till completely sold. I will say that if someone came up and said I will take them all, that may require some questioning and consideration by folks behind the table. Buck has been good in the past of not selling specially marked knives but sometimes, say a knife with a scale emblem for BCCI will be sold on the side. In reality figuring out the 'trail' of every single BCCI special knife is a impossible task.

I know this does not explain the details in your complaint, but I present it as something I am involved with and know the facts on. Sort of a FYI for the consideration of the discussion. This subject is a frequent line in a BCCI board meeting.

Last edited:
Is it too late to place an order for the BCCI 301? I've come into some disposable income and would like to order one.

John

NO, order one or more, the BCCI is buying 200, 200 are being made. At my last contact only 50 had been sold. Fill out form from BCCI online or newsletter....300

50?!?!? Wow, I'm seriously considering ordering 2 more (at least), I normally never consider the potential resale of a BCCI knife, but if folks are this blind to a bargain I'd have no qualms taking their money later for a quality knife that is in short supply. Or keeping 1 or2 available for a stalwart collector not in a position to purchase one right now.
R
Just sayin'

Many of us don't like small knives...so Glad they did 124's for our 25th, along with 110 &112!

NO, order one or more, the BCCI is buying 200, 200 are being made. At my last contact only 50 had been sold. Fill out form from BCCI online or newsletter....300
You can add another one to your totals..ordered one without the logo this morning.

John

Honestlyinsane,

I tried to pm you but you don't have your account set to receive messages. Please set it up and contact me.

H I,

Tin has his ducks pretty much in a row on the history of such events. I am hearing you speaking up about 'resellers'. The club in its relationship with Buck controls only the knives shipped to them, overruns, FBs, etc. are not club controlled even if a club knife. Sometimes the Buck store may help the club out by selling a few also. Right or wrong that seems to be the way it is. Some club members have access to knives they resale and makes the club some money. Someone may also buy a wad of them and resell them for profit. Its sort of an American 'way'. As is obvious to you I know, if someone buys 2 or 10 from the club, then decides to sell them then there you go we have no say, they may have done it on purpose, or say something like 'they need money for a sick kid' happened.

As an example of a particular situation, the BG42 301 currently being ordered is not meeting my hoped for expectations. Bigger Buck models apparently rule the day and the 301s orders by members appear to not be getting close to the max number of 200 ordered by the club. (There was a limit of 6 knives per person put on these).

Lets say there will be 50 unsold by the Blade Show in early June. You will likely see them for sale at the BCCI table in the collectors display area to anyone with cash in their hand. Any left after that will likely be split up and assigned out to a couple BCCI guys to try and sell them at other shows. And some will also remain for sale in the next newsletter. These knives have to be paid for when the club receives delivery. So, they are a negative account on BCCI books till completely sold. I will say that if someone came up and said I will take them all, that may require some questioning and consideration by folks behind the table. Buck has been good in the past of not selling specially marked knives but sometimes, say a knife with a scale emblem for BCCI will be sold on the side. In reality figuring out the 'trail' of every single BCCI special knife is a impossible task.

I know this does not explain the details in your complaint, but I present it as something I am involved with and know the facts on. Sort of a FYI for the consideration of the discussion. This subject is a frequent line in a BCCI board meeting.

I understand the situation with BCCI needing to sell unsold knife. I bought one of the new 301 's I see the value in it even though I am not a huge 301 fan I own a few I will probably buy another with bcci stamp seeing that the club is having an issue selling them. I guess I was more perturb at seeing the buildouts offered at the 25th anniversary show. That went immediately to ebay . Personally alot of the club knives are out of my price range I liked last year's 532 but could not justify the cost sometimes I do fall in love with a knife and spend 200.00 bucks but thats not very often, knowing that I will see them on ebay almost immediately after make me less likely to buy that knife also.

Sounds about like me, I support the club buying stuff besides knives, I have 5 or 6 big knives and that is about 2 or 3 more than I will ever use. I have held off ordering a BG - 42 301 because my heart said to let everyone else who wanted one get one first. The orders are coming in as almost everyone has received their newsletter. When they are gone there gone. Guess I can get one off the bay...ha.

I guess I was more perturb at seeing the buildouts offered at the 25th anniversary show. That went immediately to ebay . Personally alot of the club knives are out of my price range I liked last year's 532 but could not justify the cost sometimes I do fall in love with a knife and spend 200.00 bucks but thats not very often, knowing that I will see them on ebay almost immediately after make me less likely to buy that knife also.

Very sad that folks just want to make a quick $$$ and not really collect them. My son and I both got numerous build-outs and three BCCI knives at the 25th BCCI and we still have them. I have an order out for just one of the BCCI 301s. That being said I hope BCCI comes out with a BCCI Vantage Pro version.:thumbup:

Do Canadians check lifetime or Foreign lifetime members when applying?

Thanks

Doug_86,
Canadians would check the Foreign box as postage fees are substantially more to send mail to Canada.
Larry Oden
BCCI VP

New club member checking in. Not sure why I waited so long to join, but it is done. Next on the list is to go lifetime.

Wow, if I knew the discounted knives were that deeply discounted I probably would have joined earlier. Well, I used up my knives for the year....lol.

Last edited:
Welcome to the family mcrow! Don't forget your other discounts. The Buck coffee mugs and ball caps are wonderful. Also a few sheaths and sharpeners are always nice to have.

Welcome to the family mcrow! Don't forget your other discounts. The Buck coffee mugs and ball caps are wonderful. Also a few sheaths and sharpeners are always nice to have.

Yes, I'm getting a hat and eying a mug and T-shirt for my next order.

Yeah! I finally did it. Hi guys, I just received my membership ID and a copy of the June newsletter.

Back