Buck fixed blade Fridays

An oldie but goodie 119, four spacer, inverted tang stamp...
gTuYnYJ.jpg

Have you put any leather conditioner on that?

I'm not saying you should.
Mine loosened up a bit, so I was thinking the leather was shrinking so I treated it.
It darkened up the leather. I don't really care as it a nice user.
I like the grip of a leather handle.

Mine loosened up a bit, so I was thinking the leather was shrinking so I treated it.
No... I did think it looked a tad dry... hadn't really looked into it yet.

My hammers are leather and I love em... I wish Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. Would do a project with eastwing, involving their leather camp hatchet. They claim to be genuine leather so possibly they could provide the spacers... I know it may be in conflict with selling their own brand, but eastwing is US made, so it would be cool. Maybe a hatchet and a 105 or 117 in eastwings current pattern.. put them in a usable pouch/sheath and sell em like hotcakes?

Is that the Guide? I have one on order. Want to grab the mini too.
yes Sir.
Nice.
I'm holding off on any others as there was a hint of a kydex sheath for these.
I'm hoping they'll show up in this years catalog.

That leather sheath just doesn't impress me.
yep, that odd the offset snap setup, is not easy to work while on a belt. it's okay but not great.....

My hammers are leather and I love em... I wish Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. Would do a project with eastwing, involving their leather camp hatchet. They claim to be genuine leather so possibly they could provide the spacers... I know it may be in conflict with selling their own brand, but eastwing is US made, so it would be cool. Maybe a hatchet and a 105 or 117 in eastwings current pattern.. put them in a usable pouch/sheath and sell em like hotcakes?
*Estwing* ;)

What a great idea! I love their products, got a hatchet and a framing hammer that's been with me for 30+ years, best hammers made IMO.

I could see it, Buck forged hatchet/handle in Estwing's design with stacked leather....wonder what steel? Been wondering for a while about a hatchet in 3V...

ETA: But could also see good ol 420HC , is tough as nails too, which is more important than hardness in an impact tool.

Last edited:
Back