Buck fixed blade Fridays

nice.

just dont get that superbowl winner tattoo yet for the lions...like that rochester hills guy did already.....
for the longest time Ive talked about putting 100 bucks on the lions to win the super bowl in August... never did it. this was the year... that bet will never be the same again...😞😞

also, Some guy already got a tattoo? if i were a lions fan, wed be hunting him down... what a jinx..

Don't do this...

View attachment 2471494

Last edited:
Some little 196's.
View attachment 2471354
Go Lions!
✌️
there was a "1st production run" 196 in rosewood on larrys latest list. I was too late to grab it. It would be cool to see the new alpha series in the custom shop Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. I could see magnacut / 420 being a good option. It would be VERY cool to see it available in 154cm or ats 34 in tribute to the original alpha series. The handle is so simple you could make it out of almost anything so richlite choices, woods and definitely the same g10 spectrum that is carried across the brand could be an option. Kydex sheath could be an upgrade. It would make for a serious set of outdoor knives if the sheaths were made to be stackable so you you easily attach any combinatiuon of the series to carry or pack... i can keep eleborating for hours....

h97CUxV.jpg

there was a "1st production run" 196 in rosewood on larrys latest list. I was too late to grab it. It would be cool to see the new alpha series in the custom shop Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. I could see magnacut / 420 being a good option. It would be VERY cool to see it available in 154cm or ats 34 in tribute to the original alpha series. The handle is so simple you could make it out of almost anything so richlite choices, woods and definitely the same g10 spectrum that is carried across the brand could be an option. Kydex sheath could be an upgrade. It would make for a serious set of outdoor knives if the sheaths were made to be stackable so you you easily attach any combinatiuon of the series to carry or pack... i can keep eleborating for hours....
Thank you for the suggestions. The new Alphas all have interchangeable parts from the select, pro, and elite. I will bring this up at our next CKS meeting but I think our offering in handle and steel material throughout the new Alpha line checks a lot of boxes for someone looking for a hunting knife.

Thank you for the suggestions. The new Alphas all have interchangeable parts from the select, pro, and elite. I will bring this up at our next CKS meeting but I think our offering in handle and steel material throughout the new Alpha line checks a lot of boxes for someone looking for a hunting knife.
Thanks for the response. The alphas interchangeability is the reason i thought it was ripe for the custom shop. The steel definitely checks the boxes, but with magnacut now available, I see the s35 as less relevant than a 420 option. IF it ever made it to custom shop, that is. Any other steel choices would be frosting on the cake. It would be great to see the materials in the custom shop change up more often. not just be available until it runs out. maybe every 3 months or so, 3 or 4 options disappear and are replaced with 4 other options... I think it would drive interest in the custom shop when new materials became available and went away. currently it seems like options are removed from the custom shop when they run out and are gone forever. It would be better on our emotions if we knew materials were gone temporarily, and would anxiously await their return... like the jigged bone on the 500 series:D is it gone forever like all the 5160?:D

Last edited:
for the longest time Ive talked about putting 100 bucks on the lions to win the super bowl in August... never did it. this was the year... that bet will never be the same again...😞😞

also, Some guy already got a tattoo? if i were a lions fan, wed be hunting him down... what a jinx..

Don't do this...

View attachment 2471494
I especially love that "Champians" spelling. Much like "no regerts"...

I know it's not Friday yet but I would really like to know when BUCK first started making the Akonua pattern? Thanks for any help!

Back