Buck fixed blade Fridays

Wow! Thank you! I had no idea they went back that far. I had assumed the Kalinga pre-dated them?

According to the article the Kalinga 1970 the Akonua 1972

From the article "The 402 Akonua was introduced in about 1972. From the few records that we have, it appears as though the 402 was started in 1971 but Buck did not actually ship any until 1972."

According to the article the Kalinga 1970 the Akonua 1972

From the article "The 402 Akonua was introduced in about 1972. From the few records that we have, it appears as though the 402 was started in 1971 but Buck did not actually ship any until 1972."
Thanks for posting Preston. Made me go the BCCI catalog section on their web site and look them up in those years catalogs!

Cool. I willing to bet the caveman skinned a BUCK with it though...
I would guess so. History marches on, pretty much step by step. What we forget is that technology tends to go by leaps and bounds, so we forget that early people were making use of the technology of their time, and that technology seems to move more quickly than than other aspects—sometimes that is good, sometimes not.

Bert

NOT A BUCK—This knife is estimated to be about 5,000 years old. It was found in southern Germany; the flint for the blade is thought to be from northern Italy; the handle is elder wood secured with birch tar.

Bert

View attachment 2489181

Looks like something Otzi would have used. How sharp does flint get and will it stay sharp for some time? Compared to obsidian?

March 2021, BOTM 117, CPM 154
n7w1jwc.jpeg

Back